Check your account email address ×

The baller is quiet on this..

• Gold Member

Hey I rode the dogecoin ripper. Bought at a nickel.  Was smart enough to sell when it was .42 though.  If you don't have time to watch its not for you.  I shoulda pulled everything else at the same time!  I was up over 800%  Not bad for a couple months!

Am I the baller that you are referring to? 

Is this meant to be some sort of ah ha what do you have to say now post?

Bitcoin is still up what, 500-600% from last year and will probably break $100k this year. Almost every other crypto I own is up over 10x from last year even with this dip. So what do I have to say about it?

FB_IMG_1619269809094.jpg

It's funny as govts and banks keep trying to destroy bitcoin it continues to grow stronger. If the govt ever declares war on it watch for it to go to a quadrillion! LOL

1 hour ago, Anler said:

It's funny as govts and banks keep trying to destroy bitcoin it continues to grow stronger. If the govt ever declares war on it watch for it to go to a quadrillion! LOL

My kids are into it bigly and doing well with it. I would not discourage them. But it’s not for me. I’m closer to the finish line and looking for less risk.

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

My kids are into it bigly and doing well with it. I would not discourage them. But it’s not for me. I’m closer to the finish line and looking for less risk.

My daughter and her friends are into this coin stuff too.  Her returns are crazy.  It makes me suspect as does the fact that it blocks out trading on high volume, but, as long as she's prepared to lose her investment, good for her.  She's young enough to recover from a total loss.  I may dabble in it a bit but honestly, I don't really want to keep an eye on high risk investment buys daily.

48 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I probably got about a dozen people into it now. It's just a hobby for me it's not a retirement strategy but who knows how it will evolve. I compare this to the early days of the internet, nobody really knew how it would affect our lives back then.

The crypto space is growing exponentially, billionaires are being made everyday. IMO this is the future of alot of things. 

46 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

My daughter and her friends are into this coin stuff too.  Her returns are crazy.  It makes me suspect as does the fact that it blocks out trading on high volume, but, as long as she's prepared to lose her investment, good for her.  She's young enough to recover from a total loss.  I may dabble in it a bit but honestly, I don't really want to keep an eye on high risk investment buys daily.

I believe this is an awesome vehicle for teaching kids about investing. The returns are insane but so are the dumps. Everybody thinks they're a genius when it's doing well but it's how you fair in the longer term that your strategy is measured. They will learn real quick about taking risks and the consequences of doing so because this shit is super volatile. You HAVE to do your homework and use discipline. 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

I believe this is an awesome vehicle for teaching kids about investing. The returns are insane but so are the dumps. Everybody thinks they're a genius when it's doing well but it's how you fair in the longer term that your strategy is measured. They will learn real quick about taking risks and the consequences of doing so because this shit is super volatile. You HAVE to do your homework and use discipline. 

Definitely. Mine don’t have a lot of money into it so it’s a good learning environment. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Hogs get fed, pigs get slaughtered.  I'll stick with slow and steady blue chip stuff.

Amen. I’ve got some extra cash for buys of potentially lucrative investments that carry risk. It’s mostly for play. Digital money just hasn’t been one. 

What do y’all think is going to happen to crypto when Sleepy Joe gets his capital gains tax increase he wants? I would think that the bigger WS investors are going to be bailing on a lot of their shit and going crypto to beat the tax loss. 

I have a couple of coworkers that have made some decent money with it. I agree with most though, not for me. That means it will probably be something like the next internet. 

2 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

What do y’all think is going to happen to crypto when Sleepy Joe gets his capital gains tax increase he wants? I would think that the bigger WS investors are going to be bailing on a lot of their shit and going crypto to beat the tax loss. 

I have a couple of coworkers that have made some decent money with it. I agree with most though, not for me. That means it will probably be something like the next internet. 

The problem with crypto is number one, most people don't even understand it.  They just hear of these crazy gains and they want in on it.  Number two, there is not enough regulatory oversight or investor protections in place should things go bad.  And number 3, there is a shit ton of money laundering going on, according to what I'm reading.  But, acceptance of crypto is increasing and more and more financial institutions seem to be getting on board.  The place I work for is pretty buttoned down, conservative safe and steady, and they won't let us trade it at this point.  That may change at some point.  But there are options like COIN.

8 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

The problem with crypto is number one, most people don't even understand it.  They just hear of these crazy gains and they want in on it.  Number two, there is not enough regulatory oversight or investor protections in place should things go bad.  And number 3, there is a shit ton of money laundering going on, according to what I'm reading.  But, acceptance of crypto is increasing and more and more financial institutions seem to be getting on board.  The place I work for is pretty buttoned down, conservative safe and steady, and they won't let us trade it at this point.  That may change at some point.  But there are options like COIN.

That's because crypto is decentralized, it's not supposed to be regulated. It's the alternative to the fiat ponzi scheme we have now. Its driven by the free market and not govt or central banks. 

And those capital gains are going to kick everyone in the nuts. Stock market will take a big dump also if that starts to become a reality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anler said:

That's because crypto is decentralized, it's not supposed to be regulated. It's the alternative to the fiat ponzi scheme we have now. Its driven by the free market and not govt or central banks. 

And those capital gains are going to kick everyone in the nuts. Stock market will take a big dump also if that starts to become a reality.

It made a decent dent just the other day after dumbfuck announced he was going to make his move. I’d hedge a guess that a lot of the big real estate people are going to get their asses kicked with this whole capital gains bs too which would make those people walk away from RE investments as well. Not to mention what happens to all investments if the stock market tumbles. How bad will inflation play into the markets now/soon as well? 

I would think that if anyone is still thinking the current markets are just getting ready to take off, without a thought of how are we Going to handle all of this idiotic spending that’s currently going on, well then, it is what it is I guess. I will remain cautiously optimistic. 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Exactly why its not appropriate for long term investing or retirement planning.  And you don't think cryptos aren't also a ponzi scheme?  95% of the people who invest in crypto can't even explain how it works.  I've read a ton, and I still don't.  Traditional investments may go up and down, but long term its still the best way to grow wealth.  

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

It made a decent dent just the other day after dumbfuck announced he was going to make his move. I’d hedge a guess that a lot of the big real estate people are going to get their asses kicked with this whole capital gains bs too which would make those people walk away from RE investments as well. Not to mention what happens to all investments if the stock market tumbles. How bad will inflation play into the markets now/soon as well? 

I would think that if anyone is still thinking the current markets are just getting ready to take off, without a thought of how are we Going to handle all of this idiotic spending that’s currently going on, well then, it is what it is I guess. I will remain cautiously optimistic. 

I think we all knew there is some kind of reckoning coming just in what form we will have to find out. Higher taxes and higher interest rates are pretty much a given tho. With 10% inflation or higher I expect interest rates to start going up soon. Both of those will have some instant impact on the stock market. Crypto has always been volatile, it won't escape the carnage of higher interest and capital gains. It will level out eventually just like it always does. 

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Exactly why its not appropriate for long term investing or retirement planning.  And you don't think cryptos aren't also a ponzi scheme?  95% of the people who invest in crypto can't even explain how it works.  I've read a ton, and I still don't.  Traditional investments may go up and down, but long term its still the best way to grow wealth.  

You're right most people don't understand it because this is real nerd shit. But every corporation in the world is scrambling to develop blockchain. Govts are developing their own digital currencies, this is the future.

Ponzi scheme? Hell no. Are there scams out there? Of course. This space hit 1 trillion and then 2 trillion within the last year, it ain't going anywhere.