Check your account email address ×

The baller is quiet on this..

34 minutes ago, Anler said:

In 2010 you could have bought bitcoins for $.06 each

For $100.00 you could have gotten 1,666 bitcoins

At the  current price (which is way down at the moment) of $37,251 you would have $62,060,166.00. Thats some nice scratch for $100 investment. 

Hell yes it is.

34 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Most bitcoin fans remind me of people who buy lottery tickets.  "If I hit it, I'm gonna do this, that and that"  :lol: 

Well that's what it is. It's winning the lottery. Not much different than the stock market, you are betting on something hoping it makes you money. 

36 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Most bitcoin fans remind me of people who buy lottery tickets.  "If I hit it, I'm gonna do this, that and that"  :lol: 

I didn't buy any, I  still don't understand how it works. If I had I would have sold it when I make a tidy profit.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

I didn't buy any, I  still don't understand how it works. If I had I would have sold it when I make a tidy profit.

Neither does he

3 hours ago, Anler said:

Well that's what it is. It's winning the lottery. Not much different than the stock market, you are betting on something hoping it makes you money. 

You're free to think that.  :lol:  :bc: 

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Welcome to the daily world of Mach Z.

@Polaris 550

LOL I am not playing with million like he is..  :rolleyes:

This is the wild west of speculation, it's not for the weak that's for sure. 

• Gold Member

Shoulda bought the low last night damnit.  Just couldn't take myself to pull the trigger.  Seeing how fast it crashed in the last couple days just didn't know if I could go through that on a higher level.....  

16 hours ago, Anler said:

stock market is backed by something real.  It's why i make a few social media plays in crypto because the pump and dumps real even with nothing else real behind it.  

35 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

stock market is backed by something real.  It's why i make a few social media plays in crypto because the pump and dumps real even with nothing else real behind it.  

What's not real? If you are staking crypto that's real. You are making passive income 

https://ethereum.org/en/eth2/staking/

You can deposit your crypto to defi dapps and make 6 to 8% passive income. This is a real economic system that is growing exponentially. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 hours ago, Anler said:

In 2010 you could have bought bitcoins for $.06 each

For $100.00 you could have gotten 1,666 bitcoins

At the  current price (which is way down at the moment) of $37,251 you would have $62,060,166.00. Thats some nice scratch for $100 investment. 

Have you ever "cashed out" and actually received money?

Just now, Highmark said:

Have you ever "cashed out" and actually received money?

Once but I put some of that back in. I have about $20k of my own money in it now. The exchange I am on is tied to my bank account. I can withdraw and deposit straight from my account. 

Just now, Fireball 440 said:

I've never understood this system and how people can cash out of something there is no backing too?

It's because you have never tried it. It's pretty easy. 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

It's because you have never tried it. It's pretty easy. 

I have not done any reading about it.  I have not played the game since buying up in 2009 and selling in 2012.  I should have held all that stuff.  Stocks I bought for $2.50 are now $40+.

11 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

I've never understood this system and how people can cash out of something there is no backing too?

Its odd to say the least.   All assets have a value based on what someone is willing to pay this is just one that happens to be similar to fairy dust.   I'm not saying it's not "real" but there is nothing backing it other than trust in the system.  Someone is always winning and losing no different than other investments. 

Its basically what you are willing to pay for something non-existing in hopes that more people are willing to pay more than what  you did for that non-existing thing. 

Edited by Highmark

21 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Yeah you guys can have fun with that :lol:

I have zero money in crypto right now but I might throw a bit at it for fun.   Throw $100 at say 25 lower cost ones and if one hits bingo!   If none do I'm only out $2500.   I've spent worse.  :lol:  

50 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I have zero money in crypto right now but I might throw a bit at it for fun.   Throw $100 at say 25 lower cost ones and if one hits bingo!   If none do I'm only out $2500.   I've spent worse.  :lol:  

exactly.   

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Which exchange are you guys using?

Myself and 3 coworkers have coinbase. Brother has coinbase also.

ill say also I opened a checking account at a different bank than my usual bank to link to my coinbase account. I didn’t want them linking to my bank that has all my savings, money market and shit. So basically only thing I use that account for is coinbase.

Edited by 800renegaderider
  • Like 2