Check your account email address ×

LYNX coming to North America

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

That suspension is that PPS deal.  An uncoupled "wheelie" machine like the Poo POS.  Euro-trash trails are almost all lacking grooming anything like NA so, it's more fitting.  Still, good looking sleds for sure.

it's really weird for me going to an uncoupled skid this year.   never had a sled that will lift the front as easily as this and i can't get it dialed with stock shocks for both big and stutter bumps so far.   reading forums that seems to be because of the shitty shock valving in the WE's but can't send them out in the middle of the season so i'll live with it and try to play with the RTS some. 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, irv said:

Looks very Yamaha-ish.

1 hour ago, Sael said:

Looks like a ‘98 Yamaha V Max rear skid, those worked great. Bwahaha 

175E3E61-AEC1-4C9A-909B-B728A3118A8F.jpeg.a73006172bf9f8f9ae5e31b36d7426d4.jpeg

Yes exactly as I was thinking. I had a 97 Yammi 2up with what amounts to the same suspension.

12 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

it's really weird for me going to an uncoupled skid this year.   never had a sled that will lift the front as easily as this and i can't get it dialed with stock shocks for both big and stutter bumps so far.   reading forums that seems to be because of the shitty shock valving in the WE's but can't send them out in the middle of the season so i'll live with it and try to play with the RTS some. 

Not to change the subject, but are you on a Pro-S Axys chassis?  

28 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Yeah, uncoupled is fun ("fun factor") but, without proper shock valving and set up, top trail performance is hard to achieve....and will never do what a properly set-up, coupled suspension can do.  But if you are off trail frequently, uncoupled is probably the way to go.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, uncoupled is fun ("fun factor") but, without proper shock valving and set up, top trail performance is hard to achieve....and will never do what a properly set-up, coupled suspension can do.  But if you are off trail frequently, uncoupled is probably the way to go.

I once owned an XLT with the uncoupled xtra12.  If you've ever taken one out and tried to put it back in.... Fuck that.

No wheelies on that tank either lol

40 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Not to change the subject, but are you on a Pro-S Axys chassis?  

Yes bought a gap sled so i could spring order a MAtryx.   Pro S swithcback 800.  Put the Pro x spring in it which improved it for sure.   allows me to not preload the fuck out of the FTS.  When i's in the garage saturday i will preload the skis and RTS a bit more before i ride Sunday.   

34 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Yes bought a gap sled so i could spring order a MAtryx.   Pro S swithcback 800.  Put the Pro x spring in it which improved it for sure.   allows me to not preload the fuck out of the FTS.  When i's in the garage saturday i will preload the skis and RTS a bit more before i ride Sunday.   

That was going to be my suggestion.  I run my FTS preloads within a 1/2" of max preload, and adjusted the rear to get the ski lift/cornering balance I like.  I have my XCR's set so if I sit normal on it, it may lift some for fun, but if I lean into it, it stays pretty planted.  I am 250 before gear, so I run the big rear spring, one step up from the XCR spring, which is a step up from the Pro-S.  Good luck...

Edit:  If you haven't already, its a good idea to put a little oil or something on the rear shock threads so they don't bind when adjusting.

Edited by Mag6240

1 hour ago, Mag6240 said:

That was going to be my suggestion.  I run my FTS preloads within a 1/2" of max preload, and adjusted the rear to get the ski lift/cornering balance I like.  I have my XCR's set so if I sit normal on it, it may lift some for fun, but if I lean into it, it stays pretty planted.  I am 250 before gear, so I run the big rear spring, one step up from the XCR spring, which is a step up from the Pro-S.  Good luck...

Edit:  If you haven't already, its a good idea to put a little oil or something on the rear shock threads so they don't bind when adjusting.

i'm 275 in gear,  the lifts not bad i sort of like it TBH just need to better balance the bump performance.  I'll try a bit more FTS preload as well I guess trying to keep in the recommended range which i think was 1 3/4 up.  

• Like 1