Check your account email address ×

deeply depressed

jtssrx

This year has sucked so bad. I always look forward to a pre-Christmas ride. That's not happening. I booked a place in Grand Marias for the 26th. There was supposed to be this massive storm starting on the 23rd. Well, it looks like that's not happening either. It's going to slide right past Minnesota Wisconsin and Michigan just north of the border. This storm was on track for the last ten days until Saturday when the track moved north. I'm seriously considering selling all my shit. I have four more or less new sleds. 2019 indy Evo brand new never ridden, 2018 600r XRS 800 miles, 2019 Blizzard 850, and a 2019 XRS renegade with Thousands invested in. I also have a 2019 27 foot Legend trailer.

Fuck I just bought a Polaris Primary and all the clutch parts to play with on my 850. I just dropped 2 grand on getting all the Three sled my family rides read to go from LEd lights to Studs and other accessories. We just bought my wife and my son's new Klim gear to wear this year. I have almost 70K into this shit and it won't fucking snow and the extended forecast is weak as fuck. No big storms on the horizon and I'm sure we will have a January thaw. We haven't had what I consider super cold temps yet either. 

Sorry for the rant I know I'm not the only one with money invested but this is bullshit. Add in Canada has a fuck load of snow and looks to keep getting hammered and we are locked out becuase of the planneddemic 

In 2006 I sold a 4 place enclosed trailer 4 sleds and a F250 Crew cab. I kept 2 older sleds we had at the cabin and decided to ride near there when we had snow. Also got ourselves a nice Ice Castle.

I really miss the snowmobile trips and adventures but my wallet thanks me. LOL

Edited by Big Crappie
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

A little early to panic but if you have to blame me for buying a new sled.🤣

I was thinking you'd be salivating at the opportunity to talk him into selling you some of his used sleds.  :bc:

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

I laugh at the locals.  New sled, new gear, worried about their carbides and shocks all so they can hope there is 7-14 days of riding over potato fields, icy corners, and stop signs every 1/4 mile.  Gonna ride - do it right and go where there’s real riding.   

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

I laugh at the locals.  New sled, new gear, worried about their carbides and shocks all so they can hope there is 7-14 days of riding over potato fields, icy corners, and stop signs every 1/4 mile.  Gonna ride - do it right and go where there’s real riding.   

:lol:

Anybody in the sledding community that isn’t laughing at you and your type should get out of sledding and get into basket weaving.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

This year has sucked so bad. I always look forward to a pre-Christmas ride. That's not happening. I booked a place in Grand Marias for the 26th. There was supposed to be this massive storm starting on the 23rd. Well, it looks like that's not happening either. It's going to slide right past Minnesota Wisconsin and Michigan just north of the border. This storm was on track for the last ten days until Saturday when the track moved north. I'm seriously considering selling all my shit. I have four more or less new sleds. 2019 indy Evo brand new never ridden, 2018 600r XRS 800 miles, 2019 Blizzard 850, and a 2019 XRS renegade with Thousands invested in. I also have a 2019 27 foot Legend trailer.

Fuck I just bought a Polaris Primary and all the clutch parts to play with on my 850. I just dropped 2 grand on getting all the Three sled my family rides read to go from LEd lights to Studs and other accessories. We just bought my wife and my son's new Klim gear to wear this year. I have almost 70K into this shit and it won't fucking snow and the extended forecast is weak as fuck. No big storms on the horizon and I'm sure we will have a January thaw. We haven't had what I consider super cold temps yet either. 

Sorry for the rant I know I'm not the only one with money invested but this is bullshit. Add in Canada has a fuck load of snow and looks to keep getting hammered and we are locked out becuase of the planneddemic 

when they open back up CBSA should have a simple 5 question test to keep dumbfucks like you out. :bc: 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, frenchy said:

when they open back up CBSA should have a simple 5 question test to keep dumbfucks like you out. :bc: 

I see there was only one nasty comment. Jim was cool Snowrider cool Mc Cool the only asshole was you why am I not surprised 

42 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

It can always be worse man, that is all I can say.

Agreed. It’s how I look at many things after the past 4 years of my health (just came back from NY after another surgery). Get out and enjoy life, nothing is guaranteed! 

31 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

DSC00128.JPG

DSC00134.JPG

DSC00135.JPG

DSC00127.JPG

I saw a Double Eagle last winter.

The old stuff is fun. It’s short money for a decent old sled and there is brand specific Facebook groups that are incredibly helpful for repairs, tech questions or parts. The old stuff is simple and easy to repair.

Edited by Mainecat

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Relax, the real season dosnt start till January anyways.

I never really plan on riding other than a yard or field rip till after the first of the year..

• Like 1