Check your account email address ×

Stud boy shaper bars

I love the way they perform but they have the worst carbide adhesion I’ve ever seen in a carbide. Even marginal conditions often knocks huge chunks of carbide out of them and then they wear quickly and perform poorly

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I love the way they perform but they have the worst carbide adhesion I’ve ever seen in a carbide. Even marginal conditions often knocks huge chunks of carbide out of them and then they wear quickly and perform poorly

I never had that issue, and consider them great carbides. bit still second to Bergstrom  who still dominates all.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I never had that issue, and consider them great carbides. bit still second to Bergstrom  who still dominates all.

I hear that from a lot of people about those bergstrom's. But I'll never know because I did Once buy a pair and the fucker never shipped them and took my money. Lesson learned.

Edited by GreenStreak

9 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

I hear that from a lot of people about those bergstrom's. But I'll never know because I did Once buy a pair and the fucker never shipped them and took my money. Lesson learned.

The guy is a bit of an eccentric.  I think he has a very small operation and is a 1-2-3 man show.  I paid top dollar a couple times for his carbides, but put over 5000 mils on a pair  back in 2000 that I put on when the sled was new, and they still had tons of life in them.  They're hand made, over engineered.  :bc: 

37 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

Scott is really a good guy. Did you tell him you never received them because he is a very helpful and personable guy. 

Edited by Anler
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

The guy is a bit of an eccentric.  I think he has a very small operation and is a 1-2-3 man show.  I paid top dollar a couple times for his carbides, but put over 5000 mils on a pair  back in 2000 that I put on when the sled was new, and they still had tons of life in them.  They're hand made, over engineered.  :bc: 

Those triple points last forever. 

9 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

The cheapos at the Fleet Farm come from China now. :(  

I'm not surprised.

Being as we don't trail ride much anymore I just take a old set and stick weld a new face on them if they aren't to worn.

Edited by Big Crappie

59 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

When I purchased mine I had the help of a guy on TY4stoke.com who helped me as he said Scott had a terrible memory and was somewhat disorganized. I had heard similar stories prior so I'm glad I had the help as they arrived in short order. I am running the 8" ones but wish I had of ordered the 6" as they are a bear at times on my Vector with all the front end weight. The Curve SX skis work wonders on their own, imo, so I think the 6" ones would have been plenty?

HPIM1245 (Large).JPG

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

Thanks guys I am going to order the nine inch shaper bars

Ooofff. Hope you got strong shoulders.  Thats aggressive as hell.  I like a little controllable understeer.  Thats just me.  :bc: 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, f7ben said:

I think every pair i have ever used always ended up having carbide segments missing. 

12 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Ooofff. Hope you got strong shoulders.  Thats aggressive as hell.  I like a little controllable understeer.  Thats just me.  :bc: 

11 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Yes it is holy fuck order the 6”

I ordered 7.5". I have 144 pics in my track

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GreenStreak said:

I ordered 7.5". I have 144 pics in my track

I have shaper 7.5s with bergstrom shims and stock 4” on the outside of my doo pilot 5.7s, they do very well. 129” ripsaw 2 1.25 track on a 2018 xrs 850 with only 2 studs per bar but with 1/2” of penetration almost though. Steering effort isn’t bad at all and feels like a nice balanced sled. No matter what I do it doesn’t handle like the xcr axys did with a similar setup. You made the right call 9” is way too much for most sleds. 6 or 7.5 is the way to go depending on the setup. 

Edited by thewayout