Check your account email address ×

Stud boy shaper bars

7 hours ago, thewayout said:

I have shaper 7.5s with bergstrom shims and stock 4” on the outside of my doo pilot 5.7s, they do very well. 129” ripsaw 2 1.25 track on a 2018 xrs 850 with only 2 studs per bar but with 1/2” of penetration almost though. Steering effort isn’t bad at all and feels like a nice balanced sled. No matter what I do it doesn’t handle like the xcr axys did with a similar setup. You made the right call 9” is way too much for most sleds. 6 or 7.5 is the way to go depending on the setup. 

I have the same but Shaper 6 inchers, with stockers on the outside, but on Pilot 6.9's. Works pretty damn good, and the wider 6.9s are a bit better in the powder.  :bc: 

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

I have the same but Shaper 6 inchers, with stockers on the outside, but on Pilot 6.9's. Works pretty damn good, and the wider 6.9s are a bit better in the powder.  :bc: 

That’s about the best general use ski setup a guy can buy. Fuck all these trendy aftermarket skis....a guy could go broke trying to figure out which works best for all around use

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

That’s about the best general use ski setup a guy can buy. Fuck all these trendy aftermarket skis....a guy could go broke trying to figure out which works best for all around use

Yeah no lie,  really like them.  Great all around ski, and i'm not really a ski snob.  Even running base model suspension  :lol: 12316C17-AD38-4782-9CBF-5A58AF6A79BA.jpeg.2bd174f67534cc3ebebda8e020613c9c.jpeg

Edited by DriftBusta