Check your account email address ×

Buddies niece just tested positive

f7ben

• Platinum Contributing Member

3 of my nephew's, their gf's and my brother have had it as well as my sons gf.   Worst felt like a bad cold or a mild flu.   My son took care of his gf the whole quarantine in our upstairs level....never wearing a mask and staying with each other 23 hrs a day.   He tested negative even after 10 days.   We figure he has the antibodies or is somehow immune  for other reasons.

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

My wife’s cousins both got it but they traveled....neither of them had anything other than mild symptoms. A guy and his wife I play pool with got it and they were both sick but not hospitalized and they are old. It’s out there but doesn’t seem to be a big deal for most 

It's been all around us and varying degrees of sick but outside of some 80+ers hasn't been deadly. 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

if it does is it any real loss,  they must be boomers :dunno: 

Given your flaccid state, you're the last guy who'd want to contract the covid.  It would chew your soft ass up in no time.  Be safe out there.

Edited by DriftBusta

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Oh noes a mild respiratory illness 

Worst part is - the dirty chinks had their yellow paws in making it  :flush:

44 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Given your flaccid state, you're the last guy who'd want to contract the covid.  It would chew your soft ass up in no time.  Be safe out there.

:lol:

11 hours ago, hayward said:

Don't mind Ginger, he'll pull the plug on any old fart over the age of 49 for just about anybody and for any amount of charitable donation.

Some people's life sucks just that bad.

I just got off quarantine from testing positive for COVID-19.  For me, it was a mild cold at best.  The worst symptom was that I had a fever of over 100 for about 4 hours on tuesday Sept 1st.  Otherwise just symptoms of a cold.  Loss of appetite, slight cough and a slight shortness of breath.  I never lost my sense of smell or my sense of taste.  

11 hours ago, Highmark said:

3 of my nephew's, their gf's and my brother have had it as well as my sons gf.   Worst felt like a bad cold or a mild flu.   My son took care of his gf the whole quarantine in our upstairs level....never wearing a mask and staying with each other 23 hrs a day.   He tested negative even after 10 days.   We figure he has the antibodies or is somehow immune  for other reasons.

They’re finding now if you’ve even had a common cold you could have partial immunity 

11 hours ago, hayward said:

Don't mind Ginger, he'll pull the plug on any old fart over the age of 49 for just about anybody and for any amount of charitable donation.

more like 65 but the overall thought is good.   Old people are pretty useless and them dying off solves a lot of issues-   SS,  medicare,  pension shortfalls,  lack of housing.  

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, ACE said:

They’re finding now if you’ve even had a common cold you could have partial immunity 

I was also told that I could test positive from 2 weeks to 2 months and I should be immune from getting it again for up to 60 days.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

I was also told that I could test positive from 2 weeks to 2 months and I should be immune from getting it again for up to 60 days.

Another reason why trying to stop it is fucking dumb 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ACE said:

Thought I read that too somewhere.   Its possible he was asymptomatic sometime before his GF got it.   We may have him tested for the antibodies. 

Thing is as a kid he caught every cold there seemed to be.   Maybe with this that is paying off.   

11 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

more like 65 but the overall thought is good.   Old people are pretty useless and them dying off solves a lot of issues-   SS,  medicare,  pension shortfalls,  lack of housing.  

Old people vote though.  Heck, 65 isn’t really even all that old anymore considering people are living much longer lives than days of yore.  I’d be curious to know just how many people over the age of 140 are still voting.

• Gold Member
17 hours ago, Highmark said:

Thought I read that too somewhere.   Its possible he was asymptomatic sometime before his GF got it.   We may have him tested for the antibodies. 

Thing is as a kid he caught every cold there seemed to be.   Maybe with this that is paying off.   

On a side note, a few years ago I remember reading somewhere that our germ phobic world was leading to a decline in the "strength" of our immune system. Point being, you could definitely be on to something with your logic.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kivalo said:

On a side note, a few years ago I remember reading somewhere that our germ phobic world was leading to a decline in the "strength" of our immune system. Point being, you could definitely be on to something with your logic.

this

6 hours ago, Kivalo said:

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

this

The constant hand washing and what not is not doing people's immune system any favors.  

7 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Forcing people and children to stay at home surely isn't doing anything to help social skills either.

We are taking a generation with already poor social interaction skills and making it worse. 

Edited by Highmark

38 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Forcing people and children to stay at home surely isn't doing anything to help social skills either.

those that start bragging up how this is going to cause a shift to homeschooling make me laugh.  Just what we need is to create more antisocial whack job home schooled kids.  

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Locking down universities, yet the big ten just decided they are now going to have football.  What a clusterfuck.

On 9/14/2020 at 11:20 PM, f7ben said:

I just fucked a girl with my dick....that’s more manly than anything you’ve done nurse Panther

You sure it was your dick? It could have been a guy or a knothole in a tree. 

It could be a conspiracy theory too.