Check your account email address ×

If you could own any production snowmobile from any year brand new right now what would it be?

13 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

100 feet away all new sleds look alike. Gone are the days the color and shape gave away the brand.

No they don’t....the skidoo looks nothing like the Polaris and neither look anything like the procross

26 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

New Matrix looks like a winner.

I can’t wait to try one although I’m kinda hooked on the turbo power and really like my current sled 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
32 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

New Matrix looks like a winner.

Not as fond of the looks as the previous model.

• Platinum Contributing Member
56 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Dad started the family off in 1970 with twin 399 Nordics.  Top speed 45 mph baby.  :lol: 

Scorpion Whip for us.  Then 4000 Jags and doo Citation ss.

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Dad started the family off in 1970 with twin 399 Nordics.  Top speed 45 mph baby.  :lol: 

My Dad bought our first sled in 1968. A 16hp Olympique. I had a buddy with a 12hp on that cooked the engine and thought that I could get a little more compression with that head on my Dad's sled. I was a squish expert before squish was cool!! 11 yrs old at the time!

10 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I remember just what a little weapon those things were back then.  Along with the XCR 440sps (I had one of those for a while too) of the time.

think you guys forget how fucking awfule those things were on anything but ice or a fresh groom 

I's switch from my XRS to a new XRS with updated suspension. Honestly though, I'd rather have the shocks on my current XRS tuned to my weight and riding style and let BRP sort out the suspension on the updated chassis before moving to the new setup. The problem is the resale value on my sled is gonna plummet after another season or two, I already put 3,500 miles on the damn thing.

8 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

think you guys forget how fucking awfule those things were on anything but ice or a fresh groom 

At the time they were the best bump sled on snow. and cornering was amazing. Nothing compared to now as far as suspension but back then the trails didn't get nearly a beat up with the 7/8" track paddles.

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

The limited build 97 xc 700

Local dealer got one. It mopped up all the local drags. TCats, MachZs, VMax4s, everything!

That thing was damn quick!

The magic 220 cylinder motor!!!

I rode with a guy that had a 700 poo that was damn fast. Closet sled to my f7 that was a 1000 that I ever ran

we are talking about old ones hard to find it in clean conditions?  not 2020 or 2021 those are easy to find and buy.  but for me see the list. 

93 Mach Z , 93 MXZ 470 ,  78 RV cross country, 93 ZR 440 , 91 EXT special, 89 Indy 400 white/red color, 98 SRX 700 with the Ohlins shocks, 91 Mach 1x 617 , Formula Plus X red hood & seats ,  06 F7R orange.  I think that's about it lol 

18 hours ago, Highmark said:

I had a deal done on a mint 1997 RXL SKS some years back.   Told the guy I'd take it set up a time to meet as it was about a 5 hr drive.   Texted the next morning to tell him I'm leaving and when I'd arrive and the fucker sold it out from under me.   Sled had only 700 miles on it and was in showroom condition.   

LOL

I was an hour and a half into a 2 hour drive and the Mother Fucker sold a pair of sleds I agreed to pay full price on and I would be there within three hours.

Bastard didn't even call me, I saw the ad disappear so I called him, " yah, they are being loaded up now"

I'd take a 1985 V-Max 

Think Tesla stole the idea for their truck...

5e764558968ef5783f7b415b14bbdada.jpg

Edited by Voodoo
  • Like 1