Check your account email address ×

If you could own any production snowmobile from any year brand new right now what would it be?

30 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah that’s the problem...won’t sell or the piece is prohibitive. The other sled I would love to find is a clean XCR 440 Red Rocket. 

28 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I remember just what a little weapon those things were back then.  Along with the XCR 440sps (I had one of those for a while too) of the time.

I still have my 92.

image.png.4f7bf5c69c4badf70a7b8753a09ac293.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

BC-XRS 146 with the bigger lug

or an Assault 850 with the 2.0

and the longest warranty i can get

Fixed. Idiot

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Roosting said:

i think this would doo

OIP.jpg

Yes it would but production sled. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I had a 2000 SRX 700...what a badass ride and they looked great as well. 

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Friend in Maine has a 2001 with 500 miles on it, and its as new, on display in his business.  I had an 80 440, 98 and 00 SRX 700s.  Loved the 2000 the best.  Damn what a fast machine.

115626167_3592410784116304_5143465830806117721_o.jpg

I took one of those down with my 1999 XC 700 SP at a radar run, there were about 20 sleds in the class, the SRX guy took second. He was visibly pissed because there's no way that stock vs stock he should have lost, I beat him by about .8 mph. I was chuckling to my self and my buds because my Poo was not stock, I had to give it some secret, subtle modifications to compete with the higher HP of the SRX. :lol: Watching the SRX guy shit himself was better than the cheesy trophy I got for 1st place. I really loved that sled, mine looked exactly the same as the one pictured.

1999 Polaris XC 700 SP SN-4XASP7ASXXB042811

• Like 1

Just now, Roosting said:

It is. LoL produced by the skidoo race shop and for sale to the public 

It loosely fits the rules but it can be argued the other way as well.

:thumbsup:

Then I want the holy grail of sleds.   The Kawasaki fully independent suspension Interceptors that were supposedly buried when Kawasaki stopped producing sleds.  

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

:thumbsup:

Then I want the holy grail of sleds.   The Kawasaki fully independent suspension Interceptors that were supposedly buried when Kawasaki stopped producing sleds.  

ya. there are a few of different brands from back in the day that got binned because they were done with them.

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Elite would be cool. 

Yeah, our group is looking for one.   One of our somewhat regulars was paralyzed from the waist down in a skiing accident last winter. 

If we can't find one we might rig up a system for a regular sled and a place to put his wheelchair on rides to go into the bars.  

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

They do...zero curves. Designed by a transformer doll playing idiot.

Sharp lines and tight redii are the styling cues these days

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Changing my pick.

1992 Mach 1x or 1993 Mach 1

God I hated those ugly tanks, go fast in a straight line is all they were good for. Get into the twisties and they were junk. Imagine how fast they would have been if Doo would have put them on a diet. 

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

God I hated those ugly tanks, go fast in a straight line is all they were good for. Get into the twisties and they were junk. Imagine how fast they would have been if Doo would have put them on a diet. 

Oh man....I loved the looks of them. 

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

I took one of those down with my 1999 XC 700 SP at a radar run, there were about 20 sleds in the class, the SRX guy took second. He was visibly pissed because there's no way that stock vs stock he should have lost, I beat him by about .8 mph. I was chuckling to my self and my buds because my Poo was not stock, I had to give it some secret, subtle modifications to compete with the higher HP of the SRX. :lol: Watching the SRX guy shit himself was better than the cheesy trophy I got for 1st place. I really loved that sled, mine looked exactly the same as the one pictured.

I remember how fast those things were, hauled ass.

17 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Changing my pick.

1992 Mach 1x or 1993 Mach 1

Seriously?  I had a 91 Mach1, no nostalgia for me.  Heavy, no suspension, didn't turn for shit was all i remember.

12 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

x2

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

If you ain't cheatin' you ain't winnin'!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

I remember how fast those things were, hauled ass.

Seriously?  I had a 91 Mach1, no nostalgia for me.  Heavy, no suspension, didn't turn for shit was all i remember.

x2

Should ride my Vmax4.   Not sure which is more taxing, your arms to steer it, your thumb to make it go or the muscles in your face from the smile that you can't wipe off from that quad sound. 

I remember me and a bud getting ZRT600’s in ‘96 and thinking they were just the best sleds ever. Clutched them and got the carbs dialed in perfectly. Like to ride a new one again just to compare and laugh about it.

B309AB0F-9AA8-42AF-AC73-79ECA4D33EB5.png