Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

The last of the Bruts were actually Massey Cyclones and Scorpian Brut 440's, most likely the Masseys.  

I had the chance to buy one years ago for $500, and not being interested in vintage sleds at the time, I passed on it.

IMG_20170708_110808701[1].jpg

• Like 6

I like all Brut sleds, but if I had to pick one, I think my favorite sled of the day was the LC29 Enduro I-500 racer. Plenty of great Bruts including the 1st one built, a LC29 Enduro (pictured), a LC44 Enduro (1 of 6), a 502cc special build, and a pair of Massey's.

IMG_20170708_105036087[1].jpg

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, ckf said:

Cool! What do you have? Is it a Piper Cub, or am I thinking of someone else?

I'm currently rebuilding a 1941 Piper J4 Cub Coupe with a friend but that pic is taken from the cockpit of our Corben Baby Ace at 8000'

:bc:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ICEMAN! said:

I'm currently rebuilding a 1941 Piper J4 Cub Coupe with a friend but that pic is taken from the cockpit of our Corben Baby Ace at 8000'

:bc:

Nice! How often do you get up in the air?

I know Rob misses flying since he sold his a few years ago. I think the drone helps a little. His goggles just shipped today so that should make it feel like he is flying  

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

Nice! How often do you get up in the air?

I know Rob misses flying since he sold his a few years ago. I think the drone helps a little. His goggles just shipped today so that should make it feel like he is flying  

Not as much this year as last year.  I'm busier with the kids and stuff now but I try and get up at least once a week.  Say hi to Rob for me.

4 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I'm almost positive I saw one of these on approach when I was walking the dog over the weekend. :bc:

IMG_3237.JPG.f3a6669a4ae4427747788f23aad75006.JPG

Could be.  They're fairly rare.  1941 was the last year they were made and they weren't anywhere near as popular as the J3

14 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Not as much this year as last year.  I'm busier with the kids and stuff now but I try and get up at least once a week.  Say hi to Rob for me.

Will do. We are supposed to get together soon and head over to Smugglers Notch to do a little flying, and get some video of driving through the notch with my camera mounted to the roof of my car. It should be a fun project :bc:

• Like 1

From Facebook.

THIS DRIVER WALKED AWAY - after colliding with this bull moose in the Monson-Shirley area last week. The wreck was then brought to Greenville where the moose was removed from inside the car. Maine has more than 500 moose collisions each year. (photo by Ashley Stoddard)

10489654_880500821965450_800737069564608

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

From Facebook.

THIS DRIVER WALKED AWAY - after colliding with this bull moose in the Monson-Shirley area last week. The wreck was then brought to Greenville where the moose was removed from inside the car. Maine has more than 500 moose collisions each year. (photo by Ashley Stoddard)

10489654_880500821965450_800737069564608

Good lord.

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

and daive wonders why most of us run auxiliary lighting when we drive up 201 to jackman.  Moose hits happen way to often all over that area.  

The thing about not being able to see moose at night is that their eyes dont glow on the dark like other animals to give you a hint that they are even there.

This was a pic off facebook from the weekend....not sure when it happened.

Screenshot_20170712-073226.png

12 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

and daive wonders why most of us run auxiliary lighting when we drive up 201 to jackman.  Moose hits happen way to often all over that area.  

There's a lot around here too.

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

The thing about not being able to see moose at night is that their eyes dont glow on the dark like other animals to give you a hint that they are even there.

Bingo :bc:

12 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

You gotta admit, having a huge light bar on the front looks kinda goofy. But I don't drive in Maine so I wouldn't question what you think it takes to get you there safe. The previous pic illistates your point nicely. 

10 hours ago, FAT DAVE said:

Screenshot_20170712-073226.png

Damn