Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

4 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

If thieves come flying into your unoccupied home/cottage wearing facemasks and burgle the place, what good are they? Even if they give you an alarm notice to your cell phone, by the time you call the authorities, they'll be long gone. It seems like just a little hobby to have camera surveillance when 99.9999% of the time it will be just normalcy. I guess my thoughts are just save your money and make an insurance claim if you get burgled, it happened at my cottage 6 years ago, no big deal, it happens. 

My garage is 30 feet from house.

My shed is 60.

Notify me someone is fucking with my shit.

I will take care of it. Fuck the police!

• Gold Member
46 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

If thieves come flying into your unoccupied home/cottage wearing facemasks and burgle the place, what good are they? Even if they give you an alarm notice to your cell phone, by the time you call the authorities, they'll be long gone. It seems like just a little hobby to have camera surveillance when 99.9999% of the time it will be just normalcy. I guess my thoughts are just save your money and make an insurance claim if you get burgled, it happened at my cottage 6 years ago, no big deal, it happens. 

My buddy is going to use his to prove a verbal agreement with a contractor who he claims wont live up to the original agreement. He's putting in a pool for his kids and the contractor said get this, this and this done and we'll do the rest and now is saying he told my buddy to do more and therefor there is an additional charge on the bill. Something to that effect anyway.  We'll see how that goes.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Kivalo said:

How much you get up your way?

Well they were saying 7-10" all fucking day,..2" is what came down, I ran north quick to Central Square this morning, they had maybe 4"..I'm south of Cortland now heading to Elmira about 2" in that area..

You get much?

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Well they were saying 7-10" all fucking day,..2" is what came down, I ran north quick to Central Square this morning, they had maybe 4"..I'm south of Cortland now heading to Elmira about 2" in that area..

You get much?

Calling for 4-7 in my yard we got MAYBE 2. 

Snowmageddon!!!:lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Calling for 4-7 in my yard we got MAYBE 2. 

Snowmageddon!!!:lol:

Lol, only job you can keep being wrong 99% of the time..A Weatherman..

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Wowza. Thats a bunch of snow. 

If SW Michigan got that much snow what does the rest of the state look like?

The wind was blowing mostly N to S and they got the most lake effect for sure, plus a storm went thru that dropped 6-8 in a lot of places in southern Michigan. Not as much up north.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

Try to avoid dealing with insurance but sometimes you have to.

The cameras are a deterrent, nothing more.  Someone who comes toward the building will get a rude awaking knowing its too late they have already been recorded, long before they are even close to being inside.  

8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Try to avoid dealing with insurance but sometimes you have to.

The cameras are a deterrent, nothing more.  Someone who comes toward the building will get a rude awaking knowing its too late they have already been recorded, long before they are even close to being inside.  

As I said in my post, what if they're wearing facemasks? Then they're just another body without a face. 

I get that it could be a deterrent, then why not put up a bunch of fake 99 cent cams in plain view for the burglars to see?

Edited by snoughnut

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

High quality video cameras and Facebook have had a huge effect on thieves in my area. While masks make it more difficult to identify a criminal good quality video showing clothes, tattoos, hats, shoes, mannerisms, etc plastered all over the “Stop Crime” pages on Facebook definitely help identify and bring criminals to justice. 

A quick post on Facebook with video and pictures of the criminal in action will immediately reach thousands of young people and often get an immediate identification. Petty criminals are not very smart.  They are usually impaired while committing their crimes  They leave all kinds of clues. 

I spent 3 months on Grand Jury duty ending in September. High quality video and stills from the victim were often presented as evidence. On one particular case the head of security for our Target store was presenting his video evidence. It was very poor quality. One of the jury members suggested they update their camera system saying “a $30 security camera from Amazon will produce a far better image than what you have here”. The Target security guy agreed and told us they just ordered new cameras for the store. 

26 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

As I said in my post, what if they're wearing facemasks? Then they're just another body without a face. 

I get that it could be a deterrent, then why not put up a bunch of fake 99 cent cams in plain view for the burglars to see?

They're not hauling nothing out of any value wearing facemasks from my place, they will need transport.  And they will be lit up like christmas tree lights while knowing there is nothing fake on the premises.:lol:

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

They're not hauling nothing out of any value wearing facemasks from my place, they will need transport.  And they will be lit up like christmas tree lights while knowing there is nothing fake on the premises.:lol:

You don't read very well. I said unoccupied home or cottage. 

Edited by snoughnut

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Occupied, nothing beats dogs.

Cameras are at both, occupied or not.

Like I said , if you're at home and you have cams at your cottage, they're pretty much useless. It's a hobby more than anything. 

3 hours ago, snoughnut said:

My camera inside the cabin has 2 way communication. I can yell at the perp over my phone and threaten them. LOL

And I can turn every inside and outside light on at the cabin with one clic on the app on my phone. I doubt they will stick around.

Edited by Big Crappie