Check your account email address ×

Question for the 'fuck wearing a mask' crew

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, frenchy said:

still really very few wearing masks around here. If I could hazard a guess I would say maybe 1 in 10? 

Headed to the farm store tomorrow for a few things so we'll see how it looks there.

7 minutes ago, frenchy said:

still really very few wearing masks around here. If I could hazard a guess I would say maybe 1 in 10? 

Same with much of the southwest. Im in vegas now. So far Ive seen one mask. Ive seen at least 200 people in the last 24 hours here and only 1 had a mask. 

The one mask was being worn by a 30 something black guy and he had the mask around his chin. Mouth and nose completely uncovered. He was crossing Flamingo Blvd at Boulder Highway. About 15 people walking in each direction at that intersection. 2 old dudes on mobility scooters, no mask on either of them.  Everyone was 2’ apart maximum. 

Edited by AKIQPilot

6 minutes ago, frenchy said:

About the same here.  One grocery store is insisting on masks and providing them for customers.  They closed for two weeks after an employee outbreak so I can understand that.

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Mass gov just announced masks must be worn if your unable to socially distance. Masks are mandatory in all stores.

Well the virus is still exploding in Mass. WTF is wrong with massholes that they cant get on top of this. The state is 3rd behind NY and NJ with the most cases. Pretty pathetic. 

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Well the virus is still exploding in Mass. WTF is wrong with massholes that they cant get on top of this. The state is 3rd behind NY and NJ with the most cases. Pretty pathetic. 

A lot of them are still traveling to their 2nd home in the NH on the weekends.  They are out and about acting like it's just another weekend.  Unfortunately a lot , not all, from the Boston area have the me 1st attitude.  

Edited by ckf

Just now, ckf said:

A lot of them are still traveling to their 2nd home in the NH on the weekends.  They are out and out acting like it's just another weekend.  Unfortunately a lot , not all, from the Boston area have the me 1st attitude.  

Yea, thats pretty sad. On the other hand, being in Havasu these last few months has been interesting. Thousands and thousands of families from California and Phoenix have been swarming town since the end of Feb. Most of the snowbirds are all long gone and the RV parks fill up completely with families and lots of kids every weekend. The RV park we are in made it mandatory to stay a week if you wanted to come here. This was supposed to slow down the in and out traffic. Well it didnt really work. Families paid for the week but only stayed 3-4 days. Then back again the next weekend. A dozen or so families pay a month at a time and leave all their shit here when they head back to LA for work every monday. 

The parks are all 100% full right now. The RV resort Im at in Vegas right now is about 95% full. Maybe 8 small back in spots is all thats available here now. 

15 minutes ago, ckf said:

A lot of them are still traveling to their 2nd home in the NH on the weekends.  They are out and about acting like it's just another weekend.  Unfortunately a lot , not all, from the Boston area have the me 1st attitude.  

I shot up to Franconia last Saturday. More then 1/2 the cars on the way up had mass plates.

13 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Massachusetts is also doing a huge amount of testing compared to other states, of course they will have bigger numbers. 

Compared to NJ it looks like MA has half the number of positive cases and half the number of deaths.

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I shot up to Franconia last Saturday. More then 1/2 the cars on the way up had mass plates.

My buddy in Tamworth said it's not like normal,  but he still sees a lot of the regulars up on the weekends.  

3 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

The mental picture of you standing with the sheeple in masks on your little "X" waiting for the teenager to tell you it is safe to approach the register makes me laugh.

5B2E78B9-1D2E-48E0-BDDC-B73460A5D08F.gif

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, ckf said:

I already know the answer,  but some may be to manly to admit it. 

You are forced to care for an elderly loved one with a preexisting condition. You have been out and about and the "cold flu" is still being reported in your area.  Do you wear a mask to protect your mother or grandma in case you are asymptomatic? 

Not sure I fit in this particular crowd but absolutely I would.   I don't really have an issue with anyone wearing one in public.   Its your choice....hopefully it stays that way.

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member
59 minutes ago, ckf said:

Compared to NJ it looks like MA has half the number of positive cases and half the number of deaths.

My buddy in Tamworth said it's not like normal,  but he still sees a lot of the regulars up on the weekends.  

One of those med express places near me is doing testing for whomever wants it now, no doctor referral needed. Antibody test i believe. 

26 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

One of those med express places near me is doing testing for whomever wants it now, no doctor referral needed. Antibody test i believe. 

Yep...we have a place the next town over doing the same thing...antibody testing. The Dr./Owner was on the news and he's said they done roughly 200 tests so far and 10% had come back positive and these were people that had not necessarily been sick. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

40 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yep...we have a place the next town over doing the same thing...antibody testing. The Dr./Owner was on the news and he's said they done roughly 200 tests so far and 10% had come back positive and these were people that had not necessarily been sick. 

That's a good thing. Hopefully every state can get to the point where anyone wanting to get tested can get tested.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Wonder how trustworthy those results are. I would like to hope that 10% of certain populations have it by now. That would be nice. On our way to herd immunity. Still a long ways to go though. 

Edited by AKIQPilot

11 hours ago, ckf said:

You are forced to care for an elderly loved one with a preexisting condition. You have been out and about and the "cold flu" is still being reported in your area.  Do you wear a mask to protect your mother or grandma in case you are asymptomatic? 

I’d wear one under that scenario. the main reason a Dr. wears a mask when you are getting a procedure is to protect you the patient from getting an infection or disease  not to protect himself

you’re comparing apples and oranges. The wear a mask in public crap is retarded considering we are required to social distance. I don’t get close to people anyway. I watched a guy tonight touch a bunch of shit in the store and then fiddle around with his mask. I told him you’re defeating the purpose. 

22 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I’d wear one under that scenario. the main reason a Dr. wears a mask when you are getting a procedure is to protect you the patient from getting an infection or disease  not to protect himself

you’re comparing apples and oranges. The wear a mask in public crap is retarded considering we are required to social distance. I don’t get close to people anyway. I watched a guy tonight touch a bunch of shit in the store and then fiddle around with his mask. I told him you’re defeating the purpose. 

No you didn't.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, ckf said:

My wife works at one of our bigger hospitals in the area and you would be shocked at how many are not using the mask correctly which will generally put the wearer at more risk.  

I would wear one in your scenario yes :bc: 

• Like 1

Mass is one of if not the state that has done the most testing. Like New York Boston is a big stop for China travelers and Americans who have business there.

Maine won’t allow out of staters to travel to the state without spending 14 days in quarantine. Evan as a property owner in Maine we can’t go there. 

7 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Mass is one of if not the state that has done the most testing. Like New York Boston is a big stop for China travelers and Americans who have business there.

Maine won’t allow out of staters to travel to the state without spending 14 days in quarantine. Evan as a property owner in Maine we can’t go there. 

You're supposed to quarantine for 14 days in VT too.  Can't you go to your second home, quarantine as long as you needed to be there and then head home?  I can't see where that would be an issue, but who knows.  What we do know, they are making it up as we go along

8 minutes ago, ckf said:

You're supposed to quarantine for 14 days in VT too.  Can't you go to your second home, quarantine as long as you needed to be there and then head home?  I can't see where that would be an issue, but who knows.  What we do know, they are making it up as we go along

brother and I went to Jackman last week to retrieve our sleds and gear at camp, as things had been pretty much been locked down for the past month.  We packed a lunch, topped off fuel when we left.  In the 12 hours it took to go up and back, we stopped to piss twice on the side of a dirt road, and once for gas using a rubber disposable glove.  No human interaction at all.  No one in Maine was wearing a mask or gloves that I could see.  And no friggin way were we going to quarantine 14 days after taking those precautions.

• Like 1