Check your account email address ×

Question for the 'fuck wearing a mask' crew

20 hours ago, ckf said:

Again, I'm glad to hear that you respect others space. What can be done for the ones that don't?  It would be awfully hard to enforce social distancing in a grocery store. Would you agree on that point?

My opinion is not a thing. They've always been that person and will continue to be pandemic or not.  Saw a guy on a motorcycle yesterday wearing a mask and thought that was a bit extreme. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Yes, it is....and that wasn't your question.  Who am I "reaching over"?  I still respect peoples space..always have.  And I do now even more.  But, within reason.  I'm not waiting for somebody wearing a mask to exit an isle before I go down it and I'm not giving them all the time they need to stand in front of the product I want.  I'm going to say, "excuse me" reach in and grab it.  If they have a problem with that...it's theirs...and they can stay the fuck home if they are that selfish themselves.  Their time IS NOT more valuable than anybody else's.

Of course not, you have important posting to get after :lol: :bc:

21 hours ago, ckf said:

That's great that you will respect other people's space while out in public. Not everyone does.  Just about every time Nicole has gone shopping someone has invaded her space to grab something. I  know it sucks, but sometimes we make rules / laws because there are people out there that are that stupid.

20 hours ago, Zambroski said:

There's no reason to be a dickhead while out in public and not do the decent things we should always do. I respect other's privacy, space and now their fears.  I stand on the little social distance "x"s while in line too.  There's no reason to be a jerk....on both sides.  Some can't help it though.  I'd have just as big of a problem of some ass wipe walking around in people's space and coughing out loud right now as I would somebody trying to chastise me for not wearing a mask.  There's a line.

I was in Costco Monday morning 95% of the people were wearing a mask, the people who didn't were either elderly or mouthbreathers, coming down the aisle at me is a 70 something woman with no mask and she's she's damn near hacking up pieces of lung tissue.....I did an about face :lol:

20 hours ago, ckf said:

Again, I'm glad to hear that you respect others space. What can be done for the ones that don't?  It would be awfully hard to enforce social distancing in a grocery store. Would you agree on that point?

As of yesterday we have to wear a mask in public when social distancing isn't possible, and you must wear one when inside a store.

15 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

True. As mentioned, in the case laid out by the OP I would wear a mask. And if Im infected a mask will only be partially effective in preventing me from passing on the virus to the person I’m caring for. Especially if I’m asymptomatic.  A mask is only one of many precautions I must take to prevent the spread to someone Im caring for. 

If Im not infected a mask does nothing to prevent the spread. 

A mask can protect you from the aerosolized vapor that someone else is exhaling.

32 minutes ago, jammin said:

My opinion is not a thing. They've always been that person and will continue to be pandemic or not.  Saw a guy on a motorcycle yesterday wearing a mask and thought that was a bit extreme. 

Prolly for bugs.

13 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Of course not, you have important posting to get after :lol: :bc:

I don’t fuck around when I have something to do....and I always have something to do.  Waiting on some retards that are completely oblivious to anybody but themselves is something I don’t let get in the way.  I’m sure you wait at the end of the isle for it to clear out though.  Or do you scale over the shelves to make sure you keep the 6 foot distance?  :lol:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, jammin said:

I've been riding to work and for pleasure whenever the weather gives me the opportunity, when wearing my motocross helmet I do think about someone in the cars in front of me letting a lugie fly out the window :lol::puke:

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Prolly for bugs.

I don’t fuck around when I have something to do....and I always have some Th bong to do.  Waiting on some retards that are completely oblivious to anybody but themselves is something I don’t let get in the way.  I’m sure you wait at the end of the isle for it to clear out though.  Or do you scale over the shelves to make sure you keep the 6 foot distance?  :lol:

A couple weeks ago in Meijer it was like a Mexican hat dance in one of the aisles with no one sure where to go, I looked at the one guy coming my way and I put my arms up like I was doing an exorcism, we both just started laughing.

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

A couple weeks ago in Meijer it was like a Mexican hat dance in one of the aisles with no one sure where to go, I looked at the one guy coming my way and I put my arms up like I was doing an exorcism, we both just started laughing.

Yeah, I make light of some of it also.  Everyone is usually in pretty good spirits about it.  Silliness is humorous to normal people.  

25 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

A mask can protect you from the aerosolized vapor that someone else is exhaling.

My response was to the OP about wearing a mask around someone you are giving care to. 

Im not concerned with catching this virus. I would be concerned with passing it on to someone who could die from it. 

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Went to the farm store today and I wore a neck gaiter/mask deal and the power was out but they were running the registers on a generator..so I’m walking around with my face covered in the dark look for grass seed...bizarre. :lol:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Went to the farm store today and I wore a neck gaiter/mask deal and the power was out but they were running the registers on a generator..so I’m walking around with my face covered in the dark look for grass seed...bizarre. :lol:

A neck gator mask?  Like a 1 ply poly neck gator you pull over your head?  

6 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

A neck gator mask?  Like a 1 ply poly neck gator you pull over your head?  

It’s more like a buff....made of stretchy cotton.

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Hmmm. 

What's on your mind Tom...why don't you just spill it. The place  was virtually empty and the other day I wore a more traditional mask to the grocery store and vet...they only let me in because they were euthanizing one of our dogs and they would only allow one person in.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

What's on your mind Tom...why don't you just spill it. The place  was virtually empty and the other day I wore a more traditional mask to the grocery store and vet...they only let me in because they were euthanizing one of our dogs and they would only allow one person in.

It just seems that a neck gator would be completely worthless for stopping a virus. If you're going to the trouble of wearing a mask it should be effective. Otherwise its just a symbol of compliance and not anything more. 

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

It just seems that a neck gator would be completely worthless for stopping a virus. If you're going to the trouble of wearing a mask it should be effective. Otherwise its just a symbol of compliance and not anything more. 

It is...so  are bandanas and any other type of clothing article draped over the face.  But...it makes you look like you are following orders and "concerned" for others safety.  Let's be honest, that's really the important thing.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

You don't wear one anyhow and like guy below you are simply looking for a reason to shit on anything having to do with masks. Also you have  flip flopped several times over virus in general so take your troll game elsewhere.

21 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It is...so  are bandanas and any other type of clothing article draped over the face.  But...it makes you look like you are following orders and "concerned" for others safety.  Let's be honest, that's really the important thing.

You've spread made your postion clear about the whole thing. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

You don't wear one anyhow and like guy below you are simply looking for a reason to shit on anything having to do with masks. Also you have  flip flopped several times over virus in general so take your troll game elsewhere.

I have one to wear on the plane today if required. The mask thing has gone back and forth. First they said it did little good to stop the spread. Then they said it may reduce the spread. They said you can get infected from the virus entering you eyes, nose and mouth. If the virus is aerosolized how is a mask going to prevent it from getting in your eyes.  Every day its a different story. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

I have one to wear on the plane today if required. The mask thing has gone back and forth. First they said it did little good to stop the spread. Then they said it may reduce the spread. They said you can get infected from the virus entering you eyes, nose and mouth. If the virus is aerosolized how is a mask going to prevent it from getting in your eyes.  Every day its a different story. 

Who knows...it's a new virus that is just being learned about but do whatever you want and I'll do the same.

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No...you’ve spread!  :lol:

But you made my point perfectly.  It’s not effectiveness that matters to oh so many, it’s the appearance of some half assed attempt that’s important.  Congratulations....I’m sure some that saw you with your turtle neck appreciated your effort.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

BTW I knew that somebody would comment on it...not surprising that  it was the flip flopping half pint. 

We are discussing the virtues of wearing a mask and its effectiveness for stoping the spread of infection. Forgive me if I’m a bit skeptical of the changing message we continue to get from the medical establishment. It seems they cant make up their mind one way or the other. 

But why do you insist on getting personal?  I don't get personal with you.  When I say something that upsets you you always get personal. 

1 minute ago, ckf said:

The crew that refuses to use a mask bithching about someone trying to do what they think is right. Unfucking believable.  

Who is refusing to wear a mask?  Masks are not required where I am.  I have not been in one establishment this year where wearing a mask was the expectation. 

Im about to get on an airplane. Masks may be required on the plane. If so I am prepared and will be wearing a mask.