Check your account email address ×

Question for the 'fuck wearing a mask' crew

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

This thread is about wearing a mask. If you want to go back and add hand sanitizer to the OP then be my guest. 

Continuing I see. Every thread in this place goes off track. GMAFB

Just now, ckf said:

Continuing I see. Every thread in this place goes off track. GMAFB

The OP was about wearing a mask. Im specifically talking about my experience at the airport and masks. 

How is this discussion off track?

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

How will me wearing a mask prevent this aerosolized virus from getting in my eyes? 

Why bother with the hand sanitizer?  Be a manly man and take that extra risk too. 

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

The OP was about wearing a mask. Im specifically talking about my experience at the airport and masks. 

You're the one that told me that I  needed to go add HS to the thread title. You're just being a dink and playing games. 

Just now, ckf said:

Why bother with the hand sanitizer?  Be a manly man and take that extra risk too. 

Because I have always felt hand sanitizer is a good mitigative measure to prevent the spread of disease.  For the past 20 years I was required by company policy to use hand sanitizer multiple times per day. 

The WHO says that masks offer little protection from this virus. I posted the link earlier in this thread. 

1 minute ago, ckf said:

You're the one that told me that I  needed to go add HS to the thread title. You're just being a dink and playing games. 

You were the first person to bring up hand sanitizer. Not me. 

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Why did you mention hand sanitizer in a thread about masks?  

Your claim is that wearing a mask would not have helped you from catching the virus if one of them had it. That's bullshit. Yes, HS would have been needed to, but the mask might have helped. 

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Your claim is that wearing a mask would not have helped you from catching the virus if one of them had it. That's bullshit. Yes, HS would have been needed to, but the mask might have helped. 

If the gate agent or tsa agent who fondled my phone and passport were contagious how would any of us wearing a mask prevented the spread of the virus. 

As i mentioned in my first post in this thread. A mask is just one small tool that can be used to fight this virus. Alone its basically worthless if one or the other person is contagious. 

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Why did you mention hand sanitizer in a thread about masks?  

Because I wanted to and it was relevant to the discussion.  Do you have an issue with that?  I don't often see you go after many other OP when something similar occurs.  

Just now, ckf said:

Because I wanted to and it was relevant to the discussion.  Do you have an issue with that?  I don't often see you go after many other OP when something similar occurs.  

But this thread was about people who dont want to wear masks. Had nothing to do with hand sanitizer.  

But this thread was about people who dont want to wear masks. Had nothing to do with hand sanitizer.  

When has thread title meant anything around here?

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

I was just offering my observations about mask wearing at the McCarran airport in Vegas. 

Answer the question. 

Why do you continue to be an asshole about this? 

Just now, ckf said:

Answer the question. 

Why do you continue to be an asshole about this? 

Asshole?  I commented on the OP. I didnt add or take away from it. In addition to my original comment I described my encounter with masks at the airport, today, in the last few minutes 

I stayed on topic from the beginning. 

How is that being an asshole?

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Asshole?  I commented on the OP. I didnt add or take away from it. In addition to my original comment I described my encounter with masks at the airport, today, in the last few minutes 

I stayed on topic from the beginning. 

How is that being an asshole?

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I stayed on topic. For that Im an asshole?  

You know damn well that you have been badgering me on this. Anyone with half a brain can see that by going back and reading the thread.  Your off topic cry is pathetic around here and you know it.

Just now, ckf said:

You know damn well that you have been badgering me on this. Anyone with half a brain can see that by going back and reading the thread.  Your off topic cry is pathetic around here and you know it.

I badgered you?  You quoted me describing my experience at the airport and I responded. How is that badgering you?  

• Platinum Contributing Member
41 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Because I have always felt hand sanitizer is a good mitigative measure to prevent the spread of disease.  For the past 20 years I was required by company policy to use hand sanitizer multiple times per day. 

The WHO says that masks offer little protection from this virus. I posted the link earlier in this thread. 

Oh...so now you believe the WHO and take their advice? You really are an annoying little flip flopping asshole.

14 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I badgered you?  You quoted me describing my experience at the airport and I responded. How is that badgering you?  

Go back and read it if your memory is failing.

I have no idea what I did to piss you off, but if I was the asshole in this little debate I'd like to hear it from the rest of the board. If it's me I guess it would be better off if I just buried my head in the sand and stay away. Feel free to PM me if you don't wish to post here.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, ckf said:

Go back and read it if your memory is failing.

I have no idea what I did to piss you off, but if I was the asshole in this little debate I'd like to hear it from the rest of the board. If it's me I guess it would be better off if I just buried my head in the sand and stay away. Feel free to PM me if you don't wish to post here.

You're good and I'm glad you post...Retirement  has turned Tom into an angry annoying gnome.  :lol:

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You're good and I'm glad you post...Retirement  has turned Tom into an angry annoying gnome.  :lol:

I  can't say as though this is the Tom that I thought I knew.  Maybe it's just that I didn't read enough in the past. :dunno: