Check your account email address ×

Question for the 'fuck wearing a mask' crew

On 5/2/2020 at 12:09 PM, Jimmy Snacks said:

What's on your mind Tom...why don't you just spill it. The place  was virtually empty and the other day I wore a more traditional mask to the grocery store and vet...they only let me in because they were euthanizing one of our dogs and they would only allow one person in.

sorry to hear that.  Dogs > people

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Thanks Steve...she had a long life and it was time but it's always gut wrenching. Sorry for your loss as well...they sure have a way of becoming an important part of our lives. 

putting good dogs down sucks more than anything. Almost makes you never want to have another. For a short time. Sorry :bc: 

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Damn Jim Im so sorry to hear that. That has got to be one of the toughest pieces of paper one will ever sign. I put my down almost a month ago and I still have days where I am a useless walking zombie. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Thanks Steve...she had a long life and it was time but it's always gut wrenching. Sorry for your loss as well...they sure have a way of becoming an important part of our lives. 

Losing a pet is one of the toughest things to deal with......Sorry to hear for both of you, getting close to that point with one of mine. She is 17 and has had a great life but is now nearly blind and deaf and unsteady on her feet. But still in no pain and is just happy to be in our company. Just cant fetch a ball like she used to love.

Real tough time to be putting a pet down. Were you able to be with them in the end?....If you even do that. .

I am dealing with a near death illness with my other dog and she is recovering nicely but am not allowed in vet building when they draw blood from her to check on her status. Just curious how they are treating visits in your areas during this time.

3 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Losing a pet is one of the toughest things to deal with......Sorry to hear for both of you, getting close to that point with one of mine. She is 17 and has had a great life but is now nearly blind and deaf and unsteady on her feet. But still in no pain and is just happy to be in our company. Just cant fetch a ball like she used to love.

Real tough time to be putting a pet down. Were you able to be with them in the end?....If you even do that. .

I am dealing with a near death illness with my other dog and she is recovering nicely but am not allowed in vet building when they draw blood from her to check on her status. Just curious how they are treating visits in your areas during this time.

Dr. Lori allowed one of us in so I went in wearing a mask as the staff was wearing them as well...sorry that you are dealing with making that decision but glad you have one recovering. They really are part of the family. 

I forgot to mention that for all other procedures, blood work...etc they aren't allowing the owners inside. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

On 5/2/2020 at 10:36 AM, AKIQPilot said:

We have worn N95 mask in construction for many years to prevent inhalation of harmful particles.

95% is a two way street.

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

I’m in a high rise that is now requiring masks. Sit home with out pay,or wear the mask. I chose to wear the mask.

Gonna be interesting to see how this works out with many really enjoying this “paid vacation” once things open back up. Fire up the protest rhetoric!  “The man” is making me go back to work in harmful conditions!!!!

I wonder how many will be surprised when they stop receiving gubment bucks when they are fired for cause for not showing up for work.  Antieefa will see a surge in membership applications.  :lol:

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Gonna be interesting to see how this works out with many really enjoying this “paid vacation” once things open back up. Fire up the protest rhetoric!  “The man” is making me go back to work in harmful conditions!!!!

I wonder how many will be surprised when they stop receiving gubment bucks when they are fired for cause for not showing up for work.  Antieefa will see a surge in membership applications.  :lol:

This exact thing is happening. Shit loads of people saying it’s not safe to go to work and want to get paid to sit at home. It’s one of the reasons buildings are making masks mandatory.  

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

This exact thing is happening. Shit loads of people saying it’s not safe to go to work and want to get paid to sit at home. It’s one of the reasons buildings are making masks mandatory.  

Yep.  

On 5/2/2020 at 12:09 PM, Jimmy Snacks said:

What's on your mind Tom...why don't you just spill it. The place  was virtually empty and the other day I wore a more traditional mask to the grocery store and vet...they only let me in because they were euthanizing one of our dogs and they would only allow one person in.

Sorry about your pup. You seem pretty attached. 

• Thanks 1

We had to run to NH to pickup a microwave from Home Depot.  We used the curbside pickup like we did at Lowes last week. It appeared as though everyone entering the store had a mask on. That wasn't the case last week at Lowes.  Different store policies? Maybe both require them now? 

2 hours ago, s pump said:

Sorry about your pup. You seem pretty attached. 

This was Curly the little white poodle my wife rescued a number of years back..Sadie is the Cattle Dog I post all the pictures of. 

2 hours ago, ckf said:

We had to run to NH to pickup a microwave from Home Depot.  We used the curbside pickup like we did at Lowes last week. It appeared as though everyone entering the store had a mask on. That wasn't the case last week at Lowes.  Different store policies? Maybe both require them now? 

SMH stay over there in VT

:lol:  i went to lowes and HD with no mask this weekend.  

21 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Dr. Lori allowed one of us in so I went in wearing a mask as the staff was wearing them as well...sorry that you are dealing with making that decision but glad you have one recovering. They really are part of the family. 

I forgot to mention that for all other procedures, blood work...etc they aren't allowing the owners inside. 

She is not ready yet.....and we have been saying  at Christmas that this will prolly be the last Christmas that she will be with us......that was 4 Christmas's ago.:lol:. This is the oldest I've ever had a dog live. I usually lose them in the 10 to 12 year time frame.  I am glad you were able to be with yours.....I always will with mine. They have always been there for me. Wife cannot handle it and never does.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

SMH stay over there in VT

:lol:  i went to lowes and HD with no mask this weekend.  

Id consider staying in VT if there was a decent east west road in this part of VT. It's 2 -2.5 hours to get from here to Burlington .  Only an hour to tax free NH :yahoo:

8 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

She is not ready yet.....and we have been saying  at Christmas that this will prolly be the last Christmas that she will be with us......that was 4 Christmas's ago.:lol:. This is the oldest I've ever had a dog live. I usually lose them in the 10 to 12 year time frame.  I am glad you were able to be with yours.....I always will with mine. They have always been there for me. Wife cannot handle it and never does.

It's funny you say that because little Curly was diabetic and had 3 legs and I would say the same thing and sure as shit she would rally and do well for months.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ckf said:

Id consider staying in VT if there was a decent east west road in this part of VT. It's 2 -2.5 hours to get from here to Burlington .  Only an hour to tax free NH :yahoo:

east west is an issue with all the northern NE states and really even upstate NY outside the thruway

• Like 1