Check your account email address ×

Question for the 'fuck wearing a mask' crew

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

if I could get in to the nursing home to see my mother-in-law now I would go French kiss a flaming fag with covid then run right to the nursing home and open mouth kiss my mother-in-law over and over 

Just spit in her eye. Much easier and cleaner. 

Just now, ckf said:

OK, you proved your point, you're just a prick here and not in real life  :lol:

What can be done about the ones in real life that do invade others space?  A store isn't going to have personnel out on the floor patrolling.  If there was a mask rule in place chances are you wouldn't even get in the store without having one on.  Is it really that big of an inconvenience to wear a mask in a grocery store?  The obvious answer is no. The only reason you are fighting this is because you don't like being told what to do.  Well guess what... this hasn't been AMERICA, land of the free, for a long time. Long before either of us were put on this earth.  Personally I have no issue with  just shooting the dumb ones, but I don't think it would fly :dunno:  Until that happens we all have to make sacrifices.  

No, I'm a prick in real life too...but like here, you gotta ask for it first.  I just don't make anybody ask more than once.  :lol: If a store required a mask and that was clear before entering, I'm fine with that.  I'd either put one on or...not patronize that establishment.  No problem. It's not that many "don't like being told what to do", it's that they don't like how this has gone down with the government over reacting to an irrational fear and causing financial stress on everyone...then prolonging it!

Like I posted earlier, I don't see why anybody should be offended if they are in somebody's personal space right now to be asked to back off a bit.  For those that are offended...yes, shooting is fine with me too.  But, there's a right and wrong way to ask also  Some forget out of habit and are there (in somebody's space) unintentionally.  Being shitty about asking....is gonna get the same in return.  Case: I posted this already I think but, a couple weeks ago I waited patiently for some dick face all masked up to step back from the produce so I could grab some onions.  The fucking dickhead was hovering over them like he was looking for insects!  I said excuse me, reached in and grabbed a bag.  He jumped back like I went for his wallet.  This is the kind of person that can get themselves in a real pickle with a smart comment....and I made eye contact to give him an opportunity to do so.  I have a problem with people who are oblivious to others around them.  He declined comment.  :lol: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ckf said:

I already know the answer,  but some may be to manly to admit it. 

You are forced to care for an elderly loved one with a preexisting condition. You have been out and about and the "cold flu" is still being reported in your area.  Do you wear a mask to protect your mother or grandma in case you are asymptomatic? 

Of course I would.

45 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No, I'm a prick in real life too...but like here, you gotta ask for it first.  I just don't make anybody ask more than once.  :lol: If a store required a mask and that was clear before entering, I'm fine with that.  I'd either put one on or...not patronize that establishment.  No problem. It's not that many "don't like being told what to do", it's that they don't like how this has gone down with the government over reacting to an irrational fear and causing financial stress on everyone...then prolonging it!

Like I posted earlier, I don't see why anybody should be offended if they are in somebody's personal space right now to be asked to back off a bit.  For those that are offended...yes, shooting is fine with me too.  But, there's a right and wrong way to ask also  Some forget out of habit and are there (in somebody's space) unintentionally.  Being shitty about asking....is gonna get the same in return.  Case: I posted this already I think but, a couple weeks ago I waited patiently for some dick face all masked up to step back from the produce so I could grab some onions.  The fucking dickhead was hovering over them like he was looking for insects!  I said excuse me, reached in and grabbed a bag.  He jumped back like I went for his wallet.  This is the kind of person that can get themselves in a real pickle with a smart comment....and I made eye contact to give him an opportunity to do so.  I have a problem with people who are oblivious to others around them.  He declined comment.  :lol: 

Agreed,  sometimes it is not intentional.  We got used to doing things a certain way and now we're asked to do something different.  One of those unintentional encounters could result in you, or a loved one getting sick or possibly worse.  

As for the government overreacting,  what choice did they have? It was a new virus that they were still trying to figure out.  What would have been the results if nothing was done? 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ckf said:

Agreed,  sometimes it is not intentional.  We got used to doing things a certain way and now we're asked to do something different.  One of those unintentional encounters could result in you, or a loved one getting sick or possibly worse.  

As for the government overreacting,  what choice did they have? It was a new virus that they were still trying to figure out.  What would have been the results if nothing was done? 

What would have been the result without social media..

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pete said:

What would have been the result without social media..

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China???   I asked a serious question. Instead of answering it, you deflect?

21 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I am an asshole and would not be a caregiver for an elderly relative.  :news:  

I know. At least you admit your an asshole :lol:

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China???   I asked a serious question. Instead of answering it, you deflect?

I know. At least you admit your an asshole :lol:

I've been honest with my parents since i was younger than my kids that i wasn't going to take care of them and don't expect my kids to take care of me.  Put me down if i am at that point and I would do the same for my parents when it's legal.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I've been honest with my parents since i was younger than my kids that i wasn't going to take care of them and don't expect my kids to take care of me.  Put me down if i am at that point and I would do the same for my parents when it's legal.  

You've made that perfectly clear over the years.  I feel bad for pops. He was fun to be around at the track.  He sure liked to :poke: you :lol:

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, ckf said:

My point is that some in here refuse to wear one and laugh at the ones that do. If one of their family members lives might hang in the balance they would wear one. If they say they wouldn't they are either stupid or lying. They will wear one to protect their loved one,  but fuck mine as they are leaning over me in the grocery store. 

Gov of Massachusetts is ordering face coverings be worn in public starting the 6th, a whopping 12 days before his essential business order is set to expire. Most places already require it on their own policy, don't know why he waited so long. 

Just now, Stephen Hawking said:

Gov of Massachusetts is ordering face coverings be worn in public starting the 6th, a whopping 12 days before his essential business order is set to expire. Most places already require it on their own policy, don't know why he waited so long. 

Who knows what these guys are thinking.  NH just rolled out their new plan on opening back up.  Nice layout with lots of good info. I hope all states are / have been doing something similar   :bc:

https://businesshelp.nheconomy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047733413-5-1-2020-Governor-Chris-Sununu-Issues-Stay-at-Home-Order-2-0?fbclid=IwAR2AVlCAAngs4FSwYsmAbLGu5NX8CfbSTmXrA4ewz0G9Dc5hkfLtFKde8rQ

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Most places have a plexiglass screen up now around here...and little "X's" on the ground.  I've got no problem with following those little rules.  It's no big deal...I think it's silly but, it's not all about me either.

The mental picture of you standing with the sheeple in masks on your little "X" waiting for the teenager to tell you it is safe to approach the register makes me laugh.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

The mental picture of you standing with the sheeple in masks on your little "X" waiting for the teenager to tell you it is safe to approach the register makes me laugh.

:lol:

54 minutes ago, ckf said:

You've made that perfectly clear over the years.  I feel bad for pops. He was fun to be around at the track.  He sure liked to :poke: you :lol:

thats a family trait passed down along the generations and goes up and down.  Some appreciate my poking others do not.  I know how it is though sometimes i want to punch my son.    

Edited by Angry ginger
  • Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, ckf said:

Funny story about arms reach.   My great grandfather had a lumber mill in the town I grew up in. The guy that ended up being my best friend later in life told me a story about my great grandfather as his dad was a sawyer at the mill. He told my buddy to make sure he was just out of arms reach of a women and ask them if they want to fuck. He told him that he would be surprised at the amount that took him up on it. The ones that didn't like it wouldn't be able to reach if they wanted to slap him  :lol: 

I remember once as a teenager a chic I knew said she would have banged my bud. so I said " why didn't you" she replied " because he didn't ask me to" I started asking a lot more after that.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

thats a family trait passed down along the generations and goes up and down.  Some appreciate my poking others do not.  I know how it is though sometimes i want to punch my son.    

If he deserved it , do it. He will prolly thank you for it in 10 yrs.

4 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Of course I would wear a mask in this situation. But if I were contagious and a caregiver to an elderly person a mask is unlikely to prevent the elderly person from contacting the virus from me. If Im not contagious there is no reason for the mask.
A mask is just one barrier for spreading the virus. If you’re a caregiver for the elderly you must do way more than just wear a mask. 

You could be infected and show no symptoms. 

3 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

You could be infected and show no symptoms. 

True. As mentioned, in the case laid out by the OP I would wear a mask. And if Im infected a mask will only be partially effective in preventing me from passing on the virus to the person I’m caring for. Especially if I’m asymptomatic.  A mask is only one of many precautions I must take to prevent the spread to someone Im caring for. 

If Im not infected a mask does nothing to prevent the spread. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Wore a mask in the grocery store yesterday which I would have done anyhow but they are asking people to do so....I also know a lot of the people  working there so I do it out of respect for them.

still really very few wearing masks around here. If I could hazard a guess I would say maybe 1 in 10? 

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

still really very few wearing masks around here. If I could hazard a guess I would say maybe 1 in 10? 

Even though I live 12 miles from the border i haven't really seen anything about our neighbors to the north.  Is it bad around Montreal?

Just now, ckf said:

Even though I live 12 miles from the border i haven't really seen anything about our neighbors to the north.  Is it bad around Montreal?

Quebec is the hardest hit in Canada by a fair margin, but they are ignorant pricks at the best of times so it makes sense....

• Haha 2