Check your account email address ×

Question for the 'fuck wearing a mask' crew

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Because if any of us were infected we would have the virus on our hands on our phones on our passports on our boarding passes. The virus would be on the luggage handles. The virus would have been on everything every single person I encounter had touched. 

If I hand my phone to someone and its contaminated how will a mask prevent the spread. 

the entire mask thing is phony as fuck. 

Your hands are not the problem if you don’t put them in your mouth, on your face or in your nose.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Mainecat said:

Your hands are not the problem if you don’t put them in your mouth, on your face or in your nose.

Exactly but he'll say anything to prove his point about how masks are NOW a waste of time.

29 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Oh...so now you believe the WHO and take their advice? You really are an annoying little flip flopping asshole.

Ive been using hand sanitizer every day for 20 years. Long before the WHO said it was a good idea.    It was a condition of my employment.

28 minutes ago, ckf said:

Go back and read it if your memory is failing.

I have no idea what I did to piss you off, but if I was the asshole in this little debate I'd like to hear it from the rest of the board. If it's me I guess it would be better off if I just buried my head in the sand and stay away. Feel free to PM me if you don't wish to post here.

I apologize if I said something that rubbed you the wrong way. I dis not mean to do that. 

The WHO said masks offer little protection. I posted the link. I agree with them. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Ive been using hand sanitizer every day for 20 years. Long before the WHO said it was a good idea.    It was a condition of my employment.

Who's talking about hand sanitizer...I thought we were talking about masks and you taking the advice of the WHO.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Who's talking about hand sanitizer...I thought we were talking about masks and you taking the advice of the WHO.

I agree with the WHO. Masks offer little protection. 

The mask is more to protect others from getting covid 19 from a person with the disease than to protect you from getting it.

Think of the mask as a cough stopper. It lessens the amount aerosols from a cough.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I apologize if I said something that rubbed you the wrong way. I dis not mean to do that. 

The WHO said masks offer little protection. I posted the link. I agree with them. 

Here's the deal Tom. I expect to be treated the way that I treat you. I am unaware of my behavior towards you was deserving of the way you treated me today. If i did then I deserve it and apologize  :bc:

8 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

The mask is more to protect others from getting covid 19 from a person with the disease than to protect you from getting it.

Think of the mask as a cough stopper. It lessens the amount aerosols from a cough.

That's been my point all along.  I know i would not want to be the reason someone ended up in the hospital or dead because I couldn't be bothered to wear a mask. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

yup

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Because if any of us were infected we would have the virus on our hands on our phones on our passports on our boarding passes. The virus would be on the luggage handles. The virus would have been on everything every single person I encounter had touched. 

If I hand my phone to someone and its contaminated how will a mask prevent the spread. 

the entire mask thing is phony as fuck. 

Yup.  Unfortunately.

43 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

I agree.

32 minutes ago, ckf said:

Here's the deal Tom. I expect to be treated the way that I treat you. I am unaware of my behavior towards you was deserving of the way you treated me today. If i did then I deserve it and apologize  :bc:

That's been my point all along.  I know i would not want to be the reason someone ended up in the hospital or dead because I couldn't be bothered to wear a mask. 

Have to keep the ones with lower immunes as safe as possible (my wife is one).

Some don't understand that.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Have to keep the ones with lower immunes as safe as possible (my wife is one).

Some don't understand that.

I think that most understand,  but simply can't be bothered.  

1 hour ago, Big Crappie said:

We have a winner folks! 

The masks, while certainly useful to wear for those with coughs and sneezes, serve more as a type of security blanket for the vast majority of the population not at risk with this virus.  It’s a placebo of safety that gives us some feeling of pro-action.  Some take it more seriously than others and that’s fine.  It’s not mine or anyone else’s right to overly scare somebody else already in fear anymore than they may think it’s their right to try and chastise me for my choice to not wear one.  I’ve listened and read more than enough of the so called “experts” that have said the masks are only minimally useful in controlling this spread.  We can all believe what we want but, I’ve never lived or operated on emotions....especially false emotions.  I sure as fuck am not going to be scolded by anybody out in public about it.....and if we aren’t careful with this, it’s going to go there.  “Mask beatings”  :lol:

2 hours ago, ckf said:

I do apologize for rubbing you or anyone else the wrong way. I will likely have a different opinion of this virus than many of you. My opinion isn't necessarily right but it is mine.  If it becomes mandatory to wear masks in public I will comply. If I develop a cough or sneeze I wont be going out in public and i wont allow the public, or my family and friends to come in contact with me regardless of whether I have a mask or not. 

I believe we will all need to get this virus eventually. Im way past ready to get it and be done with it. If I get it several times then so be it.  Depending on which story you believe we could be dealing with this virus for years. It may take years for a vaccine. Even when there is a vaccine who knows how effective it will be in preventing the spread of the CV. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I do apologize for rubbing you or anyone else the wrong way. I will likely have a different opinion of this virus than many of you. My opinion isn't necessarily right but it is mine.  If it becomes mandatory to wear masks in public I will comply. If I develop a cough or sneeze I wont be going out in public and i wont allow the public, or my family and friends to come in contact with me regardless of whether I have a mask or not. 

I believe we will all need to get this virus eventually. Im way past ready to get it and be done with it. If I get it several times then so be it.  Depending on which story you believe we could be dealing with this virus for years. It may take years for a vaccine. Even when there is a vaccine who knows how effective it will be in preventing the spread of the CV. 

Thanks Tom.   :bc:

• Like 1

What some hear aren't acknowledging is the fact that you don't have to show symptoms to be infected. You also have no idea when you will have to sneeze.

Wear a fucking mask when you go places that you will be near people.

Pretty simple. Imo

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Big Crappie said:

What some hear aren't acknowledging is the fact that you don't have to show symptoms to be infected. You also have no idea when you will have to sneeze.

Wear a fucking mask when you go places that you will be near people.

Pretty simple. Imo

Its very likely that we will all need to get the virus or the antibodies of this virus before this is over.  We don't want to all get it at once but we will very likely all get it. 

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Its very likely that we will all need to get the virus or the antibodies of this virus before this is over.  We don't want to all get it at once but we will very likely all get it. 

Not true at all. Only around 60-70% have to get it.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/04/26/infectious_disease_researcher_were_missing_the_mark_in_a_big_way_right_now_on_testing.html