Check your account email address ×

Question for the 'fuck wearing a mask' crew

I already know the answer,  but some may be to manly to admit it. 

You are forced to care for an elderly loved one with a preexisting condition. You have been out and about and the "cold flu" is still being reported in your area.  Do you wear a mask to protect your mother or grandma in case you are asymptomatic? 

• Gold Member

I visit my mom every week. We sit at opposite ends of the room or out on separate ends of the porch. I try to maintain 10 ft distance at all times, i don't drive her anyplace since this started. I am meticulous with hand washing and sanitizer use. I don't wear a mask.

1 minute ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I visit my mom every week. We sit at opposite ends of the room or out on separate ends of the porch. I try to maintain 10 ft distance at all times, i don't drive her anyplace since this started. I am meticulous with hand washing and sanitizer use. I don't wear a mask.

If you were her caregiver you would be a lot closer than 10 feet. Do you wear a mask?

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, ckf said:

If you were her caregiver you would be a lot closer than 10 feet. Do you wear a mask?

That would depend on if i lived there providing 24hr care. If i did i would definitely mask in public like i do now anyway but probably not at home. It would depend on how well i could isolate from others. If it was occasional care that didn't require me to live there then definitely masked.

21 minutes ago, ckf said:

I already know the answer,  but some may be to manly to admit it. 

You are forced to care for an elderly loved one with a preexisting condition. You have been out and about and the "cold flu" is still being reported in your area.  Do you wear a mask to protect your mother or grandma in case you are asymptomatic? 

Of course I would. That’s common sense 

Just now, Stephen Hawking said:

That would depend on if i lived there providing 24hr care. If i did i would definitely mask in public like i do now anyway but probably not at home. It would depend on how well i could isolate from others. If it was occasional care that didn't require me to live there then definitely masked.

My point is that some in here refuse to wear one and laugh at the ones that do. If one of their family members lives might hang in the balance they would wear one. If they say they wouldn't they are either stupid or lying. They will wear one to protect their loved one,  but fuck mine as they are leaning over me in the grocery store. 

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

An actual caregiver to somebody prone to sickness?  Yes.  

But it's ok to not wear one in the grocery store as you are reaching over me to grab your Captain Crunch.  Selfish prick, got it. 

• Haha 2

Just now, ckf said:

But it's ok to not wear one in the grocery store as you are reaching over me to grab your Captain Crunch.  Selfish prick, got it. 

Yes, it is....and that wasn't your question.  Who am I "reaching over"?  I still respect peoples space..always have.  And I do now even more.  But, within reason.  I'm not waiting for somebody wearing a mask to exit an isle before I go down it and I'm not giving them all the time they need to stand in front of the product I want.  I'm going to say, "excuse me" reach in and grab it.  If they have a problem with that...it's theirs...and they can stay the fuck home if they are that selfish themselves.  Their time IS NOT more valuable than anybody else's.

• Like 4

Just now, Zambroski said:

Yes, it is....and that wasn't your question.  Who am I "reaching over"?  I still respect peoples space..always have.  And I do now even more.  But, within reason.  I'm not waiting for somebody wearing a mask to exit an isle before I go down it and I'm not giving them all the time they need to stand in front of the product I want.  I'm going to say, "excuse me" reach in and grab it.  If they have a problem with that...it's theirs...and they can stay the fuck home if they are that selfish themselves.  Their time IS NOT more valuable than anybody else's.

That's great that you will respect other people's space while out in public. Not everyone does.  Just about every time Nicole has gone shopping someone has invaded her space to grab something. I  know it sucks, but sometimes we make rules / laws because there are people out there that are that stupid.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’d have guessed you to be a face talker.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Can you imagine the abuse his keyboard has seen on the years :lol:

Just now, ckf said:

That's great that you will respect other people's space while out in public. Not everyone does.  Just about every time Nicole has gone shopping someone has invaded her space to grab something. I  know it sucks, but sometimes we make rules / laws because there are people out there that are that stupid.

There's no reason to be a dickhead while out in public and not do the decent things we should always do. I respect other's privacy, space and now their fears.  I stand on the little social distance "x"s while in line too.  There's no reason to be a jerk....on both sides.  Some can't help it though.  I'd have just as big of a problem of some ass wipe walking around in people's space and coughing out loud right now as I would somebody trying to chastise me for not wearing a mask.  There's a line.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Arms reach with me...at all times.  That goes for my wife too!  If we are getting closer than that...either we're going to be having sex or "throwing hands'!!!  :lol:

@xtralettucetomatoe580   @f7ben where the fuck is that guy?

There's no reason to be a dickhead while out in public and not do the decent things we should always do. I respect other's privacy, space and now their fears.  I stand on the little social distance "x"s while in line too.  There's no reason to be a jerk....on both sides.  Some can't help it though.  I'd have just as big of a problem of some ass wipe walking around in people's space and coughing out loud right now as I would somebody trying to chastise me for not wearing a mask.  There's a line.

Again, I'm glad to hear that you respect others space. What can be done for the ones that don't?  It would be awfully hard to enforce social distancing in a grocery store. Would you agree on that point?

• Like 1

Arms reach with me...at all times.  That goes for my wife too!  If we are getting closer than that...either we're going to be having sex or "throwing hands'!!!  :lol:

@xtralettucetomatoe580   @f7ben where the fuck is that guy?

Funny story about arms reach.   My great grandfather had a lumber mill in the town I grew up in. The guy that ended up being my best friend later in life told me a story about my great grandfather as his dad was a sawyer at the mill. He told my buddy to make sure he was just out of arms reach of a women and ask them if they want to fuck. He told him that he would be surprised at the amount that took him up on it. The ones that didn't like it wouldn't be able to reach if they wanted to slap him  :lol: 

• Haha 1

Just now, ckf said:

Again, I'm glad to hear that you respect others space. What can be done for the ones that don't?  It would be awfully hard to enforce social distancing in a grocery store. Would you agree on that point?

Don't mistake me for being a complete asshole.  I can certainly be the biggest of all...but it takes prompting.  Sometimes it isn't much.  :lol: 

I don't think somebody asking politely for others invading their space to stand back a bit is too much.  I think some forget what's going on and that's ok.  Now, if they refuse to do so or, get shitty about it...how about a coller snatch back by a bystander who isn't afraid to invade their little zone?  That's exactly what I'd do...and that's real social justice.  Meh...there's gonna be dickheads no matter what by the same types that feel putting a shopping cart back in the little coral is too much of an inconvenience because...fuck everyone else that doesn't want their vehicle dinged up!  Right Spinner?

• Platinum Contributing Member

Wore a mask in the grocery store yesterday which I would have done anyhow but they are asking people to do so....I also know a lot of the people  working there so I do it out of respect for them.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Just now, ckf said:

Funny story about arms reach.   My great grandfather had a lumber mill in the town I grew up in. The guy that ended up being my best friend later in life told me a story about my great grandfather as his dad was a sawyer at the mill. He told my buddy to make sure he was just out of arms reach of a women and ask them if they want to fuck. He told him that he would be surprised at the amount that took him up on it. The ones that didn't like it wouldn't be able to reach if they wanted to slap him  :lol: 

:lol:

Seriously though....I've always been that way.  I don't like people in my personal space and I do not like to be touched.  I'm peculiar...and complicated.

Of course I would wear a mask in this situation. But if I were contagious and a caregiver to an elderly person a mask is unlikely to prevent the elderly person from contacting the virus from me. If Im not contagious there is no reason for the mask.
A mask is just one barrier for spreading the virus. If you’re a caregiver for the elderly you must do way more than just wear a mask. 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Wore a mask in the grocery store yesterday which I would have done anyhow but they are asking people to do so....I also know a lot of the people  working there so I do it out of respect for them.

Most places have a plexiglass screen up now around here...and little "X's" on the ground.  I've got no problem with following those little rules.  It's no big deal...I think it's silly but, it's not all about me either.

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Most places have a plexiglass screen up now around here...and little "X's" on the ground.  I've got no problem with following those little rules.  It's no big deal...I think it's silly but, it's not all about me either.

OK, you proved your point, you're just a prick here and not in real life  :lol:

What can be done about the ones in real life that do invade others space?  A store isn't going to have personnel out on the floor patrolling.  If there was a mask rule in place chances are you wouldn't even get in the store without having one on.  Is it really that big of an inconvenience to wear a mask in a grocery store?  The obvious answer is no. The only reason you are fighting this is because you don't like being told what to do.  Well guess what... this hasn't been AMERICA, land of the free, for a long time. Long before either of us were put on this earth.  Personally I have no issue with  just shooting the dumb ones, but I don't think it would fly :dunno:  Until that happens we all have to make sacrifices.  

• Like 1

if I could get in to the nursing home to see my mother-in-law now I would go French kiss a flaming fag with covid then run right to the nursing home and open mouth kiss my mother-in-law over and over 

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Haha 1