Check your account email address ×

Polaris 2021 Release

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

He's trying to act all Davey Crockett. It's about as believable as green streaks farmer story. :lol:

LOL!  Vinney Crockett?  :lol:

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

On a sled trail I can nav with a map. A lot of NH and VT are logging roads. Logging roads are purposely not built straight.

Well, you can do a lot more than just tell the direction you are headed with a proper compass and map.  It takes a bit of training and experience though.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, ACE said:

Cat prices FTW 

They do have good prices, but they don't really feel comfortable for me. Best looking sled on snow imo though

Just now, Zambroski said:

LOL!  Vinney Crockett?  :lol:

Well, you can do a lot more than just tell the direction you are headed with a proper compass and map.  It takes a bit of training and experience though.

You can pin point where you are if you know what u r doin

2 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

The older I get the more I think a 600 would do it. I rarely run hard any more and when I do it is not all day any more but a few miles then I get lazy.

In the trails here a 650 would be ok

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

They do have good prices, but they don't really feel comfortable for me. Best looking sled on snow imo though

They fit me perfect. I’m short in the legs and long in the back. 

1 minute ago, ManOnManOral said:

You can pin point where you are if you know what u r doin

Alot of the trail intersections have maps. Alot of places don't sell em like they used to, everyone can use the polaris app or gps so why bother carrying a bunch of maps around?

6 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

The older I get the more I think a 600 would do it. I rarely run hard any more and when I do it is not all day any more but a few miles then I get lazy.

And get lost. 

1 minute ago, rump-rider said:

I just built a 650 Indy VR1 and it cost more than my XRS 900 Turbo! Holy fuck :lol: 

But the 650 is probably faster than a Doo 850!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

Many people ride in the north where no premium is available. Being 87 compatible is a very good thing.

I'd be talking out of my ass if I claimed to know about Cat and Yammi tech, but at the very least all Ski-Doo motors are 87 compatible. They have knock sensors and the ECU automatically adjust to the octane you put in the machine.

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Alot of the trail intersections have maps. Alot of places don't sell em like they used to, everyone can use the polaris app or gps so why bother carrying a bunch of maps around?

I recall you and Pierre getting lost going to dinner last year in the Crandon area last year :thumb:

The map is a big picture reference and is great to upload into the cranium pre-ride, and when the electronics don't work oryou  just get tired of moving around a 7" screen, just get the big picture out. The compass is my security blanket, whether I have to walk out of the woods or I'm on horizonless water, or in the fog all I need is a heading.

I may not always know where I'm exactly at, but I'm never lost :bc:

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I recall you and Pierre getting lost going to dinner last year in the Crandon area last year :thumb:

The map is a big picture reference and is great to upload into the cranium pre-ride, and when the electronics don't work oryou  just get tired of moving around a 7" screen, just get the big picture out. The compass is my security blanket, whether I have to walk out of the woods or I'm on horizonless water, or in the fog all I need is a heading.

I may not always know where I'm exactly at, but I'm never lost :bc:

Well you don't recall very good because the place we were going had closed down and we had to find a different place. Which we did. 

I want to like the VR1, but it looks like an Axys fucked a ProCross and this is what came out.  I miss the Indy homage triple louvres.

650 has the same stroke as the 850.  Quite a departure from Polaris' time-tested shorter-stroking 600 mills started with the '01 original VES 600.  Should be a torquey little bastard.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

I want to like the VR1, but it looks like an Axys fucked a ProCross and this is what came out.  I miss the Indy homage triple louvres.

650 has the same stroke as the 850.  Quite a departure from Polaris' time-tested shorter-stroking 600 mills started with the '01 original VES 600.  Should be a torquey little bastard.

Long stroke makes good pumping 

We were just talking about how cool it would be if you could Bluetooth the app to the gauge and do a group ride on the gauge. They must have heard us!

1 minute ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

this color reminds me of ( I cant remember the extact year ) but wants to say 1990 Indy 400 liquid cooled. 

retropoocolors.png

gray, red, black on an Indy 400 would have been 1987.  It got the white hood in 1988.  Reminds me of a 1988 Indy 650.

• Like 1