Check your account email address ×

Polaris 2021 Release

7 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Just the overall quality of the shock. From the inside of the tubes to the configuration of the clicker assembly. 

They are mid grade shocks. Nothing more and nothing less. 

That’s sad then since they can’t perform as well. 

16 minutes ago, bussman said:

That’s sad then since they can’t perform as well. 

I like the simplicity. 3 clicks.  I have so many on my xcr it's nuts.  

8 hours ago, Anler said:

Cat is on year 10 of the procross. Polaris has released 3 new chassis and 3 new engines in the last 7 years. They keep getting better. 

Why can’t Poo seem to get anything right?

Bold: Nowhere to go but up!  :lol:

8 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

The KYB Pro 40’s are the best shocks available on a consumer sled. The Velocity's are a close second. 

I loved my Pro 40’s for sure.  Excellent, excellent shock and great adjustability.  I’d prolly swap out my Fox for a good set.

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, Anler said:

Cat is on year 10 of the procross. Polaris has released 3 new chassis and 3 new engines in the last 7 years. They keep getting better. 

Yeah but.....taller spindles.:lmao:

Thats a sign of one thing.....poor engineering to recognize the advantage or planned to make that change to show an "improvement."

33 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yeah but.....taller spindles.:lmao:

Thats a sign of one thing.....poor engineering to recognize the advantage or planned to make that change to show an "improvement."

How many suspension revisions has ski doo done to the XP so far now?

12 minutes ago, ACE said:

How many suspension revisions has ski doo done to the XP so far now?

I don't care.   I'm not the one bragging about taller spindles like the cat guys make them out to be the second coming.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

I don't care.   I'm not the one bragging about taller spindles like the cat guys make them out to be the second coming.  

Made the best front end in the industry even better 

I’d have to try this new Matryx too. They say “great for the active rider” which was the same as what they said about the 08 XP... which turns out meant that unless you use a pile of body English this thing gonna throw you straight into the trees 

Just now, ACE said:

I’d have to try this new Matryx too. They say “great for the active rider” which was the same as what they said about the 08 XP... which turns out meant that unless you use a pile of body English this thing gonna throw you straight into the trees 

I agree with that assessment.   To each their own on riding style.

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

That’s not all it is you retard.  From what I hear it’s made a big difference in how the whole sled handles.  Which, I find hard to believe since there is no question the front end is the best in the industry but......we’ll see.

13 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Better shocks and Matryx Platform (not sure what that encompasses) on the 146 as well. New ride for your son....nice! :thumbsup:

Are you going with the 146 Assault or 146 SKS? 

I'm thinking a 146 Assault. Love my SKS but it is not a ginsu on the  trail like my Assault. Assault lays over fine and with a wider front end and 146x2.25 will be a riot. Its exactly the sled I was looking for.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That’s not all it is you retard.  From what I hear it’s made a big difference in how the whole sled handles.  Which, I find hard to believe since there is no question the front end is the best in the industry but......we’ll see.

@Mileage Psycho has rode both back to back 

my buddy who came off an 850 XRS really likes the handling of his. Everyone that has tried mine including my brother who absolutely loves his R motion 1200 are blown away at how it almost just rides itself 

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:   Thanks for proving my point for me.  :lol:   

I don't have a favorite brand.   I like flipping everyone shit on sleds and complimenting them on where they are good. The Cat guys get so touchy over it. 

Edited by Highmark

Just now, ACE said:

my buddy who came off an 850 XRS really likes the handling of his. Everyone that has tried mine including my brother who absolutely loves his R motion 1200 are blown away at how it almost just rides itself 

Vince also thinks lug height affects final drive ratio.  :lol:  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

:lol: I like a bit of that though.  I want the sled to track firmly and when I want it to bend, I’ll let it know forcefully.  I did find my XP pretty “flickable” though.  But not as good as my Rev.  Which was kinda weird.

5 minutes ago, s pump said:

I'm thinking a 146 Assault. Love my SKS but it is not a ginsu on the  trail like my Assault. Assault lays over fine and with a wider front end and 146x2.25 will be a riot. Its exactly the sled I was looking for.

2” is as big as they offer on the 146” assault. But agree, looks nice. :bc: 

Edited by CheezusXR8

1 hour ago, Kev144 said:

I like the simplicity. 3 clicks.  I have so many on my xcr it's nuts.  

I'd like to see a few more but no need for more than 6.  

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol:   Thanks for proving my point for me.  :lol:   

I’m a people pleaser!  :lol:

What retard thinks this is a whole new chassis for Polaris?   No.  It’s an updated “platform”. Like they all do.  Problem is. Polaris has had to reengineer so much more in the last ten years than any other OEM, because it’s such a pile. Their own racers wouldn’t race any of it until just the last couple of years. 

Just now, Highmark said:

Vince also thinks lug height affects final drive ratio.  :lol:  

No.  Say it isn’t so!  We need to identify these people so we know who to treat more gently. 

Just now, Zambroski said:

I’m a people pleaser!  :lol:

What retard thinks this is a whole new chassis for Polaris?   No.  It’s an updated “platform”. Like they all do.  Problem is. Polaris has had to reengineer so much more in the last ten years than any other OEM, because it’s such a pile. Their own racers wouldn’t race any of it until just the last couple of years. 

No.  Say it isn’t so!  We need to identify these people so we know who to treat more gently. 

They all make claims of new with slight adjustments to the chassis and new plastic.   

15 minutes ago, s pump said:

146 assault is a stretched pro cc skid. More of a trail setup

31 minutes ago, ACE said:

How many feet did he go ? Did he make it back ??

• Haha 1