Check your account email address ×

Polaris 2021 Release

1 minute ago, Anler said:

What makes the 146 that much better than the 144? Unless you are going off trail. Even still that is pretty minimal

It’s a tipped rail skid. I had a tipped rail in my 144 Yamaha and they ride much shorter. 

The tipped rail 146 will have less push than the 144 igx skid you are riding now. 

20 minutes ago, ACE said:

Because everyone wants a mountain sled 

their flatlander stuff is embarrassing 

Emabarrasing is riding 500 miles a year cuz your sled's an unreliable pile and it's the same pile it was for $5k less  2 years ago and will be again when they blow the leftovers out... AGAIN

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tinker said:

Emabarrasing is riding 500 miles a year cuz your sled's an unreliable pile and it's the same pile it was for $5k less  2 years ago and will be again when they blow the leftovers out... AGAIN

:owned:

Just now, Tinker said:

What have they upped BRP on ? I was hoping for a 4S and the new 650 appears to be on par with the 600R, time will tell. This launch is nothing like the "Polaris has had enough" talk that was circulating. 

For one Polaris has the best chassis in snowmobiling, skidoo is still like last place with their front end. Most powerful 850 and now 650. best snow check program, best warranty, better standard features like headlight and storage which skidoo rapes you on, better panels making access easier, more durable, better gauge, etc... I mean what else do you need? skidoo offeres etec which is great and rmotion which is also great but not really that much better than polaris and cat. So what is skidoo offering besides thousands of dollars in accessories? 

Just now, Anler said:

For one Polaris has the best chassis in snowmobiling, skidoo is still like last place with their front end. Most powerful 850 and now 650. best snow check program, best warranty, better standard features like headlight and storage which skidoo rapes you on, better panels making access easier, more durable, better gauge, etc... I mean what else do you need? skidoo offeres etec which is great and rmotion which is also great but not really that much better than polaris and cat. So what is skidoo offering besides thousands of dollars in accessories? 

They already had that

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It’s a tipped rail skid. I had a tipped rail in my 144 Yamaha and they ride much shorter. 

The tipped rail 146 will have less push than the 144 igx skid you are riding now. 

Hey bro you should ride my 144 because there isnt very much push. I can run down just about anybody in this thing, no lie. Im sure the 146 is comparable but I just figured they rebranded the sks under the assault badge with a higher lug. 

1 minute ago, Tinker said:

They already had that

They have a new chassis and a new engine. I get it their older stuff is still better than skidoo but now its more better!

Just now, Anler said:

Hey bro you should ride my 144 because there isnt very much push. I can run down just about anybody in this thing, no lie. Im sure the 146 is comparable but I just figured they rebranded the sks under the assault badge with a higher lug. 

No , it’s a pro-cc skid stretches with a tipped rail. It will ride more like a trail sled than your 144. I’m riding a 144 also and it’s great for trail but the tipped rails really do make a difference

37 minutes ago, Anler said:

The bean counters at skidoo have definitely taken over. they are shaving material and calling it "weight savings" but its bean counter jargon for "money saving" 

The POS’s don’t even have toe holds, gotta pay for them.  Best sleds ever.... after you throw another grand at it to get the shit that should come from the factory. :bc: 

8 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

Longer tunnel for Coors Lights.

With the underseat storage and a tunnel bag you can put like a case of coors lite on this. plus plus!

• Like 1

Just now, f7ben said:

No , it’s a pro-cc skid stretches with a tipped rail. It will ride more like a trail sled than your 144. I’m riding a 144 also and it’s great for trail but the tipped rails really do make a difference

mine has tipped rails...

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

4 track choices. 1.35 to 2.0. Choice is good.

:bc: 

1 minute ago, CheezusXR8 said:

The POS’s don’t even have toe holds, gotta pay for them.  Best sleds ever.... after you throw another grand at it to get the shit that should come from the factory. :bc: 

thieving frogs up there

• Like 1

Just now, Anler said:

Im hearing that 1.5 storn is the new shizzo. 

Yes. And I noticed the rip2 is not a choice anymore on some of the sleds I looked at.

Just now, Edmo said:

Yes. And I noticed the rip2 is not a choice anymore on some of the sleds I looked at.

I know everybody thinks the rip 2 is the be all end all but I had 2 of those and I like this cobra better. :dunno:

Just now, Anler said:

Im hearing that 1.5 storn is the new shizzo. 

I would want a 1.75”, but would select the 2” over a 1.5”. I’m on 2.25” now and it’s not too bad with the DuPont slides. Was eating slides up before I went to the DuPonts. 

1 minute ago, CheezusXR8 said:

I would want a 1.75”, but would select the 2” over a 1.5”. I’m on 2.25” now and it’s not too bad with the DuPont slides. Was eating slides up before I went to the DuPonts. 

Couple guys I talked to with assaults said they liked the 1.75" back country track better than the 2" from polaris. Im not really that much of an off trail guy to get one but thats what they said. :dunno:

I put duponts on beginning of last year, zero wear on them. 

Edited by Anler
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

They have a new chassis and a new engine. I get it their older stuff is still better than skidoo but now its more better!

They needed a response to the Turbo 850 and the 900T and they put out a guage. If I was getting a 2S it would be the Poo but nobody sees how they upped BRP... unless that 650 has 5 more Cat rated HP than the 600R., Meh

Just now, Tinker said:

They needed a response to the Turbo 850 and the 900T and they put out a guage. If I was getting a 2S it would be the Poo but nobody sees how they upped BRP... unless that 650 has 5 more Cat rated HP than the 600R., Meh

Yeah well I'm not spending that kind of coin for a 600 or 650 so I don't really care about those.

I thought for sure they would come out with a four stroke, odd they didn't. 

Just now, Woodtick said:

I agree with Bhen, 144 with tipped rails is a must. Got some seat time on a 20 800 sks. What a fun fucking sled. So effortless to lay over and play on. Best 800 power out there. 

He said 146" you slob

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

I know everybody thinks the rip 2 is the be all end all but I had 2 of those and I like this cobra better. :dunno:

The cobra on my nitro is quite lovely. Stays on top and doesn’t trench.