Check your account email address ×

U.S. Alcohol-Related Deaths Have Doubled, Study Says

8 minutes ago, smokin george said:

That would be alot of fun around here having one. Any of our friends driving to our wknd get togethers usually stay overnight or have a DD with them so it would be drinking game lol. 

I was thinking the same thing. 😁

Be a lot of fun at parties.  My wife’s friend is always saying “ I only had two drinks!!!! “ 

yeah, out of a huge Yeti..... 75% vodka. That’s not how a only had two drinks works. :slapping:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, bussman said:

Jammin and I drank almost 20-30 each in a day and both almost ended up in the hospital. Could have been more, we couldn’t remember all our sources. lol

it was 30+ each. I couldnt talk, eat or swallow for almost 2 days after. 

• Haha 3

I drank a whole case of Molson at a summer beach party when I was younger and don’t remember how I got home. That’s when I decided to slow it down a bit.

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Cold War said:

I was thinking the same thing. 😁

Be a lot of fun at parties.  My wife’s friend is always saying “ I only had two drinks!!!! “ 

yeah, out of a huge Yeti..... 75% vodka. That’s not how a only had two drinks works. :slapping:

Ive had one for several years now. Always bring it when going out to dinner or a party when i know I will be drinking a bit more than usual.

You will see after you have used it several times, that you will be able to tell pretty much on your own what your BAC without even testing it. I can now usually predict within .01-.02 accuracy  of what my level is just by how I feel.

Sometimes I would bring it out when we are hanging around drinking at the fire pit at camp. Everyone starts pounding them to see how high they will read:lol:........ we've gotten some pretty high readings, the trouble is at least with mine, you're supposed to wait like 15 minutes after your last drink or eat before testing or it affects the accuracy.  And trust me... nobody is waiting 15 minutes drinking around the fire.

7 hours ago, jammin said:

it was 30+ each. I couldnt talk, eat or swallow for almost 2 days after. 

I overdid it on the vodka Red Bulls and Jag bombs one eve.  That was enough for me to at least knock off the alcohol/energy drink combo.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I overdid it on the vodka Red Bulls and Jag bombs one eve.  That was enough for me to at least knock off the alcohol/energy drink combo.  

Lol. I bet that’s a bad combo for the heart. I kind of makes the night last too long as well. We tried out caffeine beer at a wedding years ago. That night lasted waaaaay too long. 

15 hours ago, Edmo said:

I drank a whole case of Molson at a summer beach party when I was younger and don’t remember how I got home. That’s when I decided to slow it down a bit.

When Jack Daniels and Jim Beam weren't strong enough anymore, I switched to 151.  When double 151 and cokes weren't enough and I was almost drinking a whole bottle, that's when I knew I needed to knock it off.  I hardly drink anymore. And when I do it's only a couple. I can go months without having anything. Last time I got really really hammered was at my bachelor party and that was almost 21 years ago.

3 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

When Jack Daniels and Jim Beam weren't strong enough anymore, I switched to 151.  When double 151 and cokes weren't enough and I was almost drinking a whole bottle, that's when I knew I needed to knock it off.  I hardly drink anymore. And when I do it's only a couple. I can go months without having anything. Last time I got really really hammered was at my bachelor party and that was almost 21 years ago.

I pretty much stick to drinking beers and light at that.  CL, BL, ML etc.  4 beers is really just empty calories/meal replacement, more than that well steadily, well. 

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I pretty much stick to drinking beers and light at that.  CL, BL, ML etc.  4 beers is really just empty calories/meal replacement, more than that well steadily, well. 

I'll have a couple of gin and tonic or vodka and cranberry, or a couple of beers every so often. Sometimes I'll just make 1 really strong one and only have 1.  Once in a while I'll break out the blender and tequila and make some margaritas.  I can't even stand the smell of Jack Daniels, Jim Beam or 151 anymore. 

23 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I'll have a couple of gin and tonic or vodka and cranberry, or a couple of beers every so often. Sometimes I'll just make 1 really strong one and only have 1.  Once in a while I'll break out the blender and tequila and make some margaritas.  I can't even stand the smell of Jack Daniels, Jim Beam or 151 anymore. 

Southern Comfort for me.  Almost died drinking it.  30 years later if someone is drinking So Co and breathes on me, I start retching.   

• Thanks 1

I drank beer and Tanqueray and crown and then I moved to this.. 1/2 t 3/4 of a jar per day drank it in like 3 hrs.). binge drinking fall down drunk..

I finally had enough from the hangovers and puking.. Aint touched in years now thank god. I hate all alcohol now.

junior-johnson-blackberry-moonshine.png