Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

56 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

I always thought it was a very bad idea to run a sled with the clutch off?

That is why you only run it for a short time.  You give it a quick shot of starting fluid to see if any is being sucked through the crank seal and shut'er down.

I decided to take off the ski slides,track mats and make it a wide single since we're going to be down to one sled and use it as a sxs trailer as well. I have to pick up a couple more d-bolts for strapping down the sxs and good to go. 

20191018_155320.jpg

20180929_074528.jpg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I decided to take off the ski slides,track mats and make it a wide single since we're going to be down to one sled and use it as a sxs trailer as well. I have to pick up a couple more d-bolts for strapping down the sxs and good to go. 

20191018_155320.jpg

20180929_074528.jpg

Good idea!  I’m gonna end up with a single hauler myself.  If we need more we use my bud’s car hauler.

Well I started it up. It was idling around 2300. It wasn't warm so it didn't have a chance to drop to 1700-1800. I sprayed the seal pretty good with kleen flo starting fluid and not once did the rpm jump. Now I didn't let it run that long. Maybe a minute a most. 

This vid is after it ran for a few seconds.

15714434671966155778935573558795.jpg

Edited by Tomas.

So I bought a 2010 Nitro last spring and need a cover. I got rid of my clam shell and have a single place open. The few times a year I trailer it I want it to be covered. It’s a  144 with hand guards and a 6” riser. Do I go with a oem cover or after market? The sled shouldn’t get pounded to bad being tucked up high behind my SUV. I’m leaning on a aftermarket so I can throw it on my RMK if I ever need to trailer it.  I really could care less about the comments about using a open trailer. Both sleds are worth half of what a new one is.

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

So I bought a 2010 Nitro last spring and need a cover. I got rid of my clam shell and have a single place open. The few times a year I trailer it I want it to be covered. It’s a  144 with hand guards and a 6” riser. Do I go with a oem cover or after market? The sled shouldn’t get pounded to bad being tucked up high behind my SUV. I’m leaning on a aftermarket so I can throw it on my RMK if I ever need to trailer it.  I really could care less about the comments about using a open trailer. Both sleds are worth half of what a new one is.

It all depends on the quality of the aftermarket cover? The Yammy OEM covers are pretty decent, imo, or use to be. I've seen after market covers on open trailers shredded/blowing in the wind as they simply can't take the abuse.

If your aftermarket cover is well made and made out of a canvas type material instead on just nylon, it should last fairly decent but that is also dependent on what kind of abuse it will see? Hwy travel instead vs rural route travel, etc. 

Regardless, if you want to keep the machine half decent looking, purchase a soft undercover or use an old bed sheet to help stop the outer cover from buffeting against it while travelling.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, irv said:

It all depends on the quality of the aftermarket cover? The Yammy OEM covers are pretty decent, imo, or use to be. I've seen after market covers on open trailers shredded/blowing in the wind as they simply can't take the abuse.

If your aftermarket cover is well made and made out of a canvas type material instead on just nylon, it should last fairly decent but that is also dependent on what kind of abuse it will see? Hwy travel instead vs rural route travel, etc. 

Regardless, if you want to keep the machine half decent looking, purchase a soft undercover or use an old bed sheet to help stop the outer cover from buffeting against it while travelling.

Thanks. I’m seeing oem on eBay for $190,so l don’t think there is much savings in after market. I run my sleds through brush and goat paths. I don’t show my sleds at snowmobile shows, I ride them hard and get rid of them when they get at least 10k on them. 

07B2CB2C-A3C2-4626-8B11-05A705EF45AE.jpeg

• Like 2

So I was just talking to the guy at the SLP booth. It looks like I need like $400 in tools just to get my primary clutch apart.

Is that right or can I get away with out all that stuff?

Edited by Tomas.

2 hours ago, Tomas. said:

So I was just talking to the guy at the SLP booth. It looks like I need like $400 in tools just to get my primary clutch apart.

LOL!  Did you look like a sucker when you approached?  Hillary T shirt or something?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

LOL!  Did you look like a sucker when you approached?  Hillary T shirt or something?

Lmao. Well I didn't buy anything, so not a complete sucker lol.

But he was going on about needing a press, clutch holder, spider nut socket, pin wrench and pin press, and a couple of other things. 

17 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

But he was going on about needing a press, clutch holder, spider nut socket, pin wrench and pin press, and a couple of other things. 

Yeah....you were at least wearing a Hillary pin.  The only way you NEED all that is if you want it or, you do it for a living.  You will need a spider but socket but the rest can be improvised with about $10 worth of shit from HD and a bit of muscle.

”Clutch holder”.  :lol:

Contact Tool Kit to see if he’ll sell.  He bought all that from that dude.... plus a fuse puller press....and bag of chips!!!!

4 hours ago, Tomas. said:

You can make your own for not a ton of money if you have a welder and a hack saw.  

On 10/19/2019 at 3:27 PM, Tomas. said:

Google. 

On 10/19/2019 at 12:40 PM, smokin george said:

I stopped in at the dealer and the sled is in and still in the crate. I ordered a new cover for it and picking it up at the same time

When did they say it would be ready for you to come and get it?

I'm going to be picking mine up either today or tomorrow. 

19 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

When did they say it would be ready for you to come and get it?

I'm going to be picking mine up either today or tomorrow. 

I didn't bother asking lol. I figure on leaving it there as long as possible. No sense on the warranty starting just yet. I'm glad I don't need anything except the cover and the 14 liter fuel caddy will go on the sled/sxs . The wife has the vinyl to make the registration #"s in any color so I don't need to buy them