Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

Couple hours and I'll have it pretty much stripped down.  The time consuming part is cleaning everything up and putting it back together.

Ordered a Cobra Cord to replace my stock one that is ready to leave me stranded at any moment.  https://www.cobrapullcords.com/  Also have some teflon washers on the way for my secondary.  Not sure if I'm going to put in a Speedwerx clutch kit.  The stock setup seems to have trouble backshifting.  Might try to clean everything up and add a Teflon washer first.

Good idea on the pull cord.  Mine is still good.  Is yours rubbing on something maybe?

You might consider just going to a full Team TSS or Tied for the secondary.  Used ones are pretty cheap if you are quick on the trigger pull.  They are a much, much better set up.  

13 hours ago, Kev144 said:

Zambo is the guy who rides for 40 minutes and spends the rest of the day waxing and taking pics for here, hcs and his Facebook page that has 2 likes. :snack: 

Don't forget about Scotchbrite'ing his pit poncho.  

On 10/7/2019 at 4:43 PM, Zambroski said:

Good idea on the pull cord.  Mine is still good.  Is yours rubbing on something maybe?

You might consider just going to a full Team TSS or Tied for the secondary.  Used ones are pretty cheap if you are quick on the trigger pull.  They are a much, much better set up.  

what are the tied secondary going for ? pretty sure I have one off my m8000 shitting someplace collecting dust 

10 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

what are the tied secondary going for ? pretty sure I have one off my m8000 shitting someplace collecting dust 

I think I let mine go for $200 with spring and helix.  I've seen them go on HCS for less.

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I think I let mine go for $200 with spring and helix.  I've seen them go on HCS for less.

Seems those tieds take forever to get dialed in with lots of testing, helix and spring swapping. Alot of skidoo guys ended up dumping them and putting the stock back on. 

13 minutes ago, Anler said:

There are bunch of threads for doos and poos trying to get those tieds dialed. Aint nobody got time for that shit... 

i don't know i went with what spl recomended for my set up at it worked out fine . but starting from scratch on an6 clutching endeavor can be a,pita .

and there is no formula every guy who knowes what he is doing . i mean really knowes has his own tricks .

I have friends who drag race competitively like factory backed .

they spend fucking whole multipal weekends doing nothing but testing setups.  rowes of clutches on the bench fucking nuts . 

when poo got Rory from cat/black magic it was a,huge win for poo clutching dept 

Edited by Ez ryder

Just now, Ez ryder said:

i don't know i went with what spl recomended for my set up at it worked out fine . but starting from scratch on an6 clutching endeavor can be a,pita .

and there is no formula every guy who knowes what he is doing . i mean really knowes has his own tricks .

I have friends who drag race competitively like factory backed .

they spend fucking whole multipal weekends doing nothing but testing setups.  rowes of clutches on the bench fucking nuts . 

Well somebody has to do the testing and with the way the tied works you cant just go with what worked on the other clutches. It takes alot of testing and sounds like alot of guys didnt find a whole lot of gains afterwards. I could see it being a better suit for mountain riding tho. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Well somebody has to do the testing and with the way the tied works you cant just go with what worked on the other clutches. It takes alot of testing and sounds like alot of guys didnt find a whole lot of gains afterwards. I could see it being a better suit for mountain riding tho. 

yeah it is . I used stock cat secondary for my flatland set up .

I  always have 2 secondarys for my mountain sleds 

30 minutes ago, Anler said:

There are bunch of threads for doos and poos trying to get those tieds dialed. Aint nobody got time for that shit... 

“Dialed in”?  It’s not rocket surgery.  Each clutch type has its benefits/detriments for what they do.  Do you know the benefits of the tied set-up?  

Zip it.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

“Dialed in”?  It’s not rocket surgery.  Each clutch type has its benefits/detriments for what they do.  Do you know the benefits of the tied set-up?  

Zip it.

I do but doesnt sound like its much worth the cost and time for speed gains. 

On 10/7/2019 at 4:43 PM, Zambroski said:

yeah I would put a new rope on before it is to late . I lost my rope at around 1109mi on my M 

pretty regular deal on the procross 

On 10/9/2019 at 9:49 AM, Anler said:

depends on how much you value backshift and easy Smooth  engagement . worth it to me for a western setup not so much for a Midwest set up for me 

On 10/9/2019 at 6:49 AM, Anler said:

The Tied has a taller overdrive shift so the speed is where it can really shine.  I ran the Tied clutches on my XC sleds from about 2011-2015. I could get a solid 106mph out of the IQr all set up for terrain racing.  The same set up would only run 100 or so with the TSS-04.  

Almost every sled I bought from 2001-2015 came with a Team Secondary.  It's hard to throw money at the Tied when you already have everything to make the TSS-04 work good.  

6 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

The Tied has a taller overdrive shift so the speed is where it can really shine.  I ran the Tied clutches on my XC sleds from about 2011-2015. I could get a solid 106mph out of the IQr all set up for terrain racing.  The same set up would only run 100 or so with the TSS-04.  

Almost every sled I bought from 2001-2015 came with a Team Secondary.  It's hard to throw money at the Tied when you already have everything to make the TSS-04 work good.  

Just reading all of the Doo and poo guys posts it seems like it was a lot of testing. I know many of the Doo guys went back to the factory afterwards.