Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

9 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Lol, I didn't want to but they were giving me some BS about "has to be picked up within 30 days blah blah blah blah". I didn't want them selling it out from under me. They are a big dealer, and it would have been sold quick. 

They should have given you options when you bought it.

I was offered 3year warranty, +250 in parts and accessories, and 20% off any other parts accessories.  Or 4 year warranty and no payments until April 2020 and 20% off any other accessories. 

I took the 4 year warranty, but paid cash.

:bc:

:bc:

I believe that 30 day bs is in the terms of the snowcheck.  Wgas, its home, not like you’re going to be worried about it blowing up or needing warranty work, the first November out of warranty.  If it does, it will happen during sled season.   Nice ride btw. :bc: 

from what i recall dealers have to pay BRP for all snow checks on 10/31 or within 15 days of delivery if after that date which is why the dealers want them picked up before those dates.  I remember my 05 came in late and i sent the dealer a check to make his payment date even though i was away and could not pick it up for a couple weeks because i was in FL for meeting and turkey day with my parents.    

25 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

from what i recall dealers have to pay BRP for all snow checks on 10/31 or within 15 days of delivery if after that date which is why the dealers want them picked up before those dates.  I remember my 05 came in late and i sent the dealer a check to make his payment date even though i was away and could not pick it up for a couple weeks because i was in FL for meeting and turkey day with my parents.    

It seems many of the dealers always have some snow checks for sale. Shit one dealer I have used in the past still has some 2019 snowchecks for sale this year... :news:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Anler said:

It seems many of the dealers always have some snow checks for sale. Shit one dealer I have used in the past still has some 2019 snowchecks for sale this year... :news:

Yep and they are cheaper than snowchecking.

1 hour ago, Anler said:

yup and they are sitting on them on their own dime.  most dealers tag some sleds they know will be for dealer stock.  Still have to send BRP the money but they usually can sell for a premium in November and December.   

34 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

yup and they are sitting on them on their own dime.  most dealers tag some sleds they know will be for dealer stock.  Still have to send BRP the money but they usually can sell for a premium in November and December.   

Well I expect they had to pay for them my point being that snowchecking seems like a bit of a waste unless you just need to have a certain color combo... I priced one up in the spring and it was $17k. Fuck that

37 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well I expect they had to pay for them my point being that snowchecking seems like a bit of a waste unless you just need to have a certain color combo... I priced one up in the spring and it was $17k. Fuck that

So when did on floor models come with 4 year warranty? 

19 minutes ago, Reevester said:

So when did on floor models come with 4 year warranty? 

The "on floor" models are snowchecks that the dealer bought to sell later. They all do it around here. It comes with the warranty. I think the manus try to make sure they dont order too many so it saturates the market but every dealer around here will have a current year 850 snow check for sale. Sometimes they sell quick sometimes not. 

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

The "on floor" models are snowchecks that the dealer bought to sell later. They all do it around here. It comes with the warranty. I think the manus try to make sure they dont order too many so it saturates the market but every dealer around here will have a current year 850 snow check for sale. Sometimes they sell quick sometimes not. 

They won't have a 4 year only a 2 year. Prove me wrong. 

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

They don't call him slippery for nothing.

Guys a goof. My buddy buys a sled off him last year and he never even registered it with polaris so he could charge him for an extra year of warranty and then tried to tell him he got a deal for an extra year. Good thing nothing happened you fucking crooks. 

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Polaris warranty is silly money far better deal spring order. Doo warranty can be had cheap but the sleds are closer to MSRP so cheaper to order 

2 year warranty is really all you need if you do any kind of riding. If you are like AMG or Jammin and ride couple hundred miles a year then yeah get the 4 year... 

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

2 year warranty is really all you need if you do any kind of riding. If you are like AMG or Jammin and ride couple hundred miles a year then yeah get the 4 year... 

So I guy like me putting on 3k++ a year should only have a 1 year then? I give you too much credit I think. :lol:

31 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Post up some prices of 2020s.

It takes me weeks to buy sleds, cars,trucks from dealers. I always get them well below advertised price. I’ve never payed retail for an extended warranty either. 

10 minutes ago, Reevester said:

So I guy like me putting on 3k++ a year should only have a 1 year then? I give you too much credit I think. :lol:

Thats right my best buddy, you only keep your sled one season anywayz! :bigfinger: