Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member

Snow is melting fast.

This was Saturday morning.

MFDC2657.thumb.JPG.d4bbc0eac278fdb51bbc0c828ec39bfc.JPG

This was yesterday around noon.

MFDC2709.thumb.JPG.1a9345fef38fdb2d3ed4633cf192af6b.JPG

The field will likely be bare by tomorrow afternoon.

21 hours ago, snowstorm said:

today in southern maine it was 60 in the county it was mid 20's and snowing. last week there was 3 ft on the ground up there 

How do you think PI will be looking for this weekend?

17 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

How do you think PI will be looking for this weekend?

If your on face book check out Nathan Theriault in Eagle lake ME.  he runs a groomah in the area.  he is a Maine guide and Owner of Old Mill Marina as well.  ommoutfitters.com

Edited by old indy
  • Thanks 1

Drove up to Newberry (Central UP) Friday and stayed the night. Saturday morning headed over to Seney for the 16th annual Veterans ride.  It was in the upper 30s but the snow was great. After that we had dinner and then went back to Newberry to the house we rented.  I woke up about 4am to piss and felt like complete shit.  Went back to bed and when I woke up in the morning it was not good.  Spent the next 30 hours in bed sick.  Was finally about to get out of bed Monday, but no where near in any condition to ride.  We loaded up and headed home. When we left Newberry Monday at 11:30am it was 48° and just started to rain. Still lots of snow in the woods and on the trail, but I'm sure the upper 40s Sunday and Monday took a big hit on them. Definitely not as good as the last 2 years. Getting in and out of town is going to be impossible, unless you want to ride on bare pavement. 

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

4 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Drove up to Newberry (Central UP) Friday and stayed the night. Saturday morning headed over to Seney for the 16th annual Veterans ride.  It was in the upper 30s but the snow was great. After that we had dinner and then went back to Newberry to the house we rented.  I woke up about 4am to piss and felt like complete shit.  Went back to bed and when I woke up in the morning it was not good.  Spent the next 30 hours in bed sick.  Was finally about to get out of bed Monday, but no where near in any condition to ride.  We loaded up and headed home. When we left Newberry Monday at 11:30am it was 48° and just started to rain. Still lots of snow in the woods and on the trail, but I'm sure the upper 40s Sunday and Monday took a big hit on them. Definitely not as good as the last 2 years. Getting in and out of town is going to be impossible, unless you want to ride on bare pavement. 

Boomer aids ?

5 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Wut? 

Term for Coronavirus.

Boomer aids, boomer doomer, Kung flu.

Because it pretty much just kills boomers.

Edited by Tomas.

1 minute ago, Tomas. said:

Term for Coronavirus.

Boomer aids, boomer doomer, Kung flu.

:lol: If it was, it wasn't bad at all.  And over quick. 

Just sucks it fucked up my trip :flush:

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Good point.

When I left Newberry Monday, it was 48° and raining.  And everything was already down to bare pavement. Temps were the same in Grand Marais , Munising, etc. 

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

1 hour ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

When I left Newberry Monday, it was 48° and raining.  And everything was already down to bare pavement. Temps were the same in Grand Marais , Munising, etc. 

I heard Sault Ste. Marie Canada and up was still pretty good. Probably where you have to go to ride now.