Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

1 minute ago, rump-rider said:

So you think the handling of the G4 XRS is bad but you drive a 144" assault which is a 50/50 crossover? :lol: 

Uh yeah and my last sled was a skeedoo. Trust me the assault handles better than an xrs. 

• Haha 1

oo

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yeah $16k if ur a dope. That sled loses $3k after you put the first mile on it. Now they are coming out with an upgraded model that actually handles good? Drop another $3k. Lose $500 for February and it's $9500. Science

So don't buy it.  Plenty of buyers out there who will.  That's all that matters.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Anler said:

Uh yeah and my last sled was a skeedoo. Trust me the assault handles better than an xrs. 

You're high.  Assault is a better off trailer, but I'll take an XRS w R motion all day long.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, DriftBusta said:

You're high.  Assault is a better off trailer, but I'll take an XRS w R motion all day long.  

Dude my assault handles better than any skidoo I've ridden, that's why I keep it. And with the shock and spring changes I've made rmotion is not an upgrade worth making either. 

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I know the assault is awesome for what it's marketed as...a 50/50 crossover, but there's no way it has better trail manners than any new shorty.

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

My apologies.  I read it that you could buy the SkiDoo XRS on a snow check for less than 13.  My mistake.

I agree.  They're not that bad though.  

I kind of figured that was it...I read it again and confused myself. :lol:

3 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

I know the assault is awesome for what it's marketed as...a 50/50 crossover, but there's no way it has better trail manners than any new shorty.

Than an xrs it does. Rode them both back to back. But he is in the process of getting his shocks slugged so that could change. I ride with some serious trail weapons. Xcr switchback, cat 800's, Indy xc's and various skidoos. Nobody runs away from me. We can talk shit on the internet but I can buy whatever sled I want and I was die hard skidoo my whole life. Until I ride something better I'm going to stick with these axys Polaris. 

27 minutes ago, Anler said:

Dude my assault handles better than any skidoo I've ridden, that's why I keep it. And with the shock and spring changes I've made rmotion is not an upgrade worth making either. 

My Assault was resprung and revalved and worked pretty damn good, but still wasn't as plush in the choppy shit as my R motion sleds were stock.  Handling wise flip a coin, both sleds are competitive with each other.  JMO.  I will give a short lugged Assault the nod for top end, they haul ass.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

My Assault was resprung and revalved and worked pretty damn good, but still wasn't as plush in the choppy shit as my R motion sleds were stock.  Handling wise flip a coin, both sleds are competitive with each other.  JMO.  I will give a short lugged Assault the nod for top end, they haul ass.  

Yeah but you rode yours off trail, mine is set up for trail riding. You had a 2" track too right? With this new clutching I have I catch myself giggling all the time. It's a blast. 

1 hour ago, Kev144 said:

Now gAyeMG has two rare models!!!!!

Shut up dummy 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Add a n his special touches like powder coated ski bolts, limited snow exposure and stuff and put that fucker in a museum. 

🙄

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

This

1 hour ago, rump-rider said:

:bc:

1 hour ago, Kev144 said:

"low miles lady driven" :lol: 

1 hour ago, Kev144 said:

"low miles lady driven" :lol: 

Says the little pipe cleaner arm queer who has a little 600 woman's sled 

:snack:

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Yeah but you rode yours off trail, mine is set up for trail riding. You had a 2" track too right? With this new clutching I have I catch myself giggling all the time. It's a blast. 

Much of my "bias" is probably from the 3400 miles I put on my Renegade turbo.  That thing was a weapon the way I had it set up.  Rode and handled awesome.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Stoney said:

Couple pictures from riding around Quebec last couple of days.

Also had a chance to ride a 900 turbo....nice addictive power curve but man does this sled have some serious handling querks, granted it was a cheaper trim level and could use some tweaks that I'm sure would help.

20200225_120234.jpg

20200224_113557-PANO.jpg

I'm liking mine and consider it on par with the poo 850.

Today I learned a 600 with a 129"x1.25" track hits it's limit at 3-4 feet of fresh powder. God damn was it fun though. 

Believe it or not, my sled is not stuck in these pictures. Got on an pulled away with no digging. Don't have any pictures of when I finally got it stuck and decided to turn around, the powder was close to 4 feet and I could do maybe 30mph wide open, powder flying over the windshield into my face. Slowed down a little bit to see if my dad and aunt were still with me and it trenched when I tried to get back into the throttle. 

067C8CB6-12C8-4EC3-BFB4-66E526622980.jpeg

5E0C7A2C-1669-45D5-94A4-47A0622FDEF1.jpeg

B3706B6D-C89A-4C43-A113-7A8175402A5C.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Today I learned a 600 with a 129"x1.25" track hits it's limit at 3-4 feet of fresh powder. God damn was it fun though. 

Believe it or not, my sled is not stuck in these pictures. Got on an pulled away with no digging. Don't have any pictures of when I finally got it stuck and decided to turn around, the powder was close to 4 feet and I could do maybe 30mph wide open, powder flying over the windshield into my face. Slowed down a little bit to see if my dad and aunt were still with me and it trenched when I tried to get back into the throttle. 

067C8CB6-12C8-4EC3-BFB4-66E526622980.jpeg

5E0C7A2C-1669-45D5-94A4-47A0622FDEF1.jpeg

B3706B6D-C89A-4C43-A113-7A8175402A5C.jpeg

Holy fuck...I heard the forecast and it looks like they nailed it!!!! :ylsuper:

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Holy fuck...I heard the forecast and it looks like they nailed it!!!! :ylsuper:

It was awesome until it started getting so deep it was borderline unrideable. You'd need at least a 146x1.75 to really enjoy it. We ran into a group of Renegades led by a Backcountry X after we turned around, they asked about the conditions and were confident they were making it to Harrisville... When we were walking out of Stillwater after lunch they were walking in. They said they broke trail for a couple miles past our turn around point before giving up and coming back. I didn't say anything, but if I was on a Backcountry we'd have made it past Harrisville like we'd planned to with no problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Reevester said:

Looks to be a good weekend! :bc:

5r6Rc8s.jpg%E2%80%8B%E2%80%8B%E2%80%8B%E

T1fcAr6.jpg

Six of us went out yesterday and it was a mix of groomed,whooped out, and ungroomed trails. All in all it was nice to get out and didn't see too many sleds on the trails. On the way home from my buddies place the groomer had gone thru and I was the first one on it and had to keep it in check watching out for deer and moose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1