Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

11 minutes ago, bussman said:

I remember Drew’s XCR having fantastic flat handling. His sled was a big reason I went with an RR approach. :bc: 

Yeah but the thinner sway bar seems like it would do the opposite dont youn think? 

47 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I guess.  Weirdly, I don’t know many Doo riders and rarely ride with any.  Only one I really know has now banged out 8k flawless miles on his.

Only thing wrong was his track was wasted.  Sounds like a new one is in the works for him.  Put some pressure on him, I wanna have the chance to ride the new one.

3 minutes ago, bussman said:

I remember Drew’s XCR having fantastic flat handling. His sled was a big reason I went with an RR approach. :bc: 

The tough part with having the suspension set up stiff to not have a bunch of body roll is not getting shaken to death in the stutter bumps.  I still have some tweaking to do there but been too lazy to do it frankly. 

I don't like picking up a wrench during the season if I don't have to.  Didn't work out quit as I planned this year.

15 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Only thing wrong was his track was wasted.  Sounds like a new one is in the works for him.  Put some pressure on him, I wanna have the chance to ride the new one.

The tough part with having the suspension set up stiff to not have a bunch of body roll is not getting shaken to death in the stutter bumps.  I still have some tweaking to do there but been too lazy to do it frankly. 

I don't like picking up a wrench during the season if I don't have to.  Didn't work out quit as I planned this year.

That’s where this RR and QS3’s are unreal. Takes everything you can toss at it but rides smooth. I’m not kidding when I say it’s the best overall shock/handling package I’ve ever rode. And it’s fully stock and was easy to adjust in quick. Minus the carbides, the 19’ stock carbides were worthless. I guess for 21’ they have something new. :bc: 

33 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

I'm trying.   He's such a meathead sometimes.  :lol:

1 hour ago, Anler said:

His video skills are way behind his riding skills for sure

Usually I think he does pretty well.  Maybe he was having an off day or just wasn't that impressed.  TBF, finding a guy who makes his living riding mod racers and trying to get him to honestly review a consumer sled as "the bomb" is a tough job anyway.  Levi is one of my favorites in the sport.  He's almost exactly the guy in person you'd expect him to be.  Funny and just full of energy. 

27 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I'm trying.   He's such a meathead sometimes.  :lol:

Usually I think he does pretty well.  Maybe he was having an off day or just wasn't that impressed.  TBF, finding a guy who makes his living riding mod racers and trying to get him to honestly review a consumer sled as "the bomb" is a tough job anyway.  Levi is one of my favorites in the sport.  He's almost exactly the guy in person you'd expect him to be.  Funny and just full of energy. 

I'll do what I can as well.  Think he is looking for a $500 off voucher before he pulls the trigger.

Levi seemed to do pretty well with the XCR he reviewed last year.  All the racers and ambassadors are just paid shills so take it with a grain of salt.

Just now, teamgreen02 said:

I'll do what I can as well.  Think he is looking for a $500 off voucher before he pulls the trigger.

Levi seemed to do pretty well with the XCR he reviewed last year.  All the racers and ambassadors are just paid shills so take it with a grain of salt.

$500 off eh? That should get him out the door around a cool $16k.  :lol: 

1 minute ago, bussman said:

2022 is Cat’s 60th year. That release should tell us whether or not Textron is going to bury or build the brand. 

Here’s a take on their engine future. 

http://www.supertraxmag.com/features/cats-2-stroke-future/n3989?fbclid=IwAR3gcPGrWr1b97s6GgVF-7Hblqyb2U4KISEGrERFlAEhomUkqRdP7Q5SsXM

Race teams seem to be all excited about the upcoming sled so......  :dunno: 

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Race teams seem to be all excited about the upcoming sled so......  :dunno: 

Doo and Poo have changed little from 08’ (Doo) and 11’ (Poo) so it’s not like they need to reinvent the wheel. The suspension and geometry is the best in the business. Keep with that theme, get better ergos similar to Polaris and offer a 900 and 700 2-stroke and everybody else other than Yamaha 4-strokes are obsolete. 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, Zambroski said:

ThIt’s just ugly as fuck.at one in particular.  Just when I think Poo couldn’t make their sled and taller and “rolly”...bam!

Agreed, that is one of the ugliest sleds to come out lately. Looks like its wearing shoulder pads from the 80's.

10 hours ago, Zambroski said:

It’s just ugly as fuck.  That one in particular.  Just when I think Poo couldn’t make their sled and taller and “rolly”...bam!

This was an embarrassing video for arguably one of the best ambassadors of the sport.  It was clear he didn’t even believe what he was saying and just making it up the best he could.  They couldn’t even edit out the ski lifting in the video....but they tried real hard.  :lol:

Good lord you're an idiot, nothing wrong with the way that new Poo looks.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 2:30 PM, Zambroski said:

Hard to say exactly what caused it but for sure the death blow was a ring grabbing a port. I think something caused it to squash over the locator pin and that’s all it took.  I very well could have started the “muck up” by running it way harder than I should have the ride before.  I’ve been through all my “should have/shouldn’t have” list but, it doesn’t matter.  Just the way it goes sometimes.  

I think this was my last ride of the year, wanted to burn out the race fuel.  We got six inches of fresh but everything is just a damn sloppy/sliding mess and rocks are popping the carbides which makes it especially annoying.  I can’t get much traction with my new ride’s clutching but, think I’m real close for next season. Lots of different nuances in this sled to get used to.  Can’t believe how different the front is.  Gonna be a fucking brat and a half on the trails next year.  Yahoo!

F72FDBEE-D5CB-4ED0-81A6-C7DA30FA7CBC.jpeg

So you can't ride a cat hard or else it blows up got it! 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Kev144 said:

So you can't ride a cat hard or else it blows up got it! 

Hey, stick to your saddle bagging and fish holing.  Remember, your best living is done at 5500rpm!!!!  Irony, that’s about when my clutches engage.

:lol2:

37 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Hey, stick to your saddle bagging and fish holing.  Remember, your best living is done at 5500rpm!!!!  Irony, that’s about when my clutches engage.

:lol2:

Is that just before it blows up from riding too hard? :snack: 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Running, not riding.  You don’t do either hard though.  Do you wear a onesie over your layers?  :lol: 

I wear onesie pj's with a poop shoot.  It's unfortunate you cannot run your sled like they should be.  Mine runs all day long but sounds like yours can only do 20 minute runs else she pops the pistons!!!! Wow!! 

8 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I wear onesie pj's with a poop shoot.  It's unfortunate you cannot run your sled like they should be.  Mine runs all day long but sounds like yours can only do 20 minute runs else she pops the pistons!!!! Wow!! 

You are a total retard.  Wow!!!  There’s a reason you ride what you ride and I ride what I ride.

Now, post another pick of you and your wife “riding” in your front yard in your denims.  Do your saddlebags have dryer machines?  :lol:

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You are a total retard.  Wow!!!  There’s a reason you ride what you ride and I ride what I ride.

Now, post another pick of you and your wife “riding” in your front yard in your denims.  Do your saddlebags have dryer machines?  :lol:

My saddlebags are denim

P1SveIGc_400x400.jpg

• Haha 1