Check your account email address ×

Another daughter car thread

35 minutes ago, 02sled said:

If I was a kid and my parents were buying me a car I would take whatever they gave me and say thank you. When I was getting close to 16 I saved my money to buy a 73 Honda CB 550 motorcycle. Then when winter rolled around I was back to walking. I busted my butt and worked after school and weekends to save $3,000.00 and buy a new 74 Mercury Comet the next summer. Once the deal had been done my dad had them put in the next size motor, and full wheel covers rather than hub caps. I was 17, paid for my own gas and insurance on the car.

I earned what I wanted

I started working when I was 12 with a paper route and then caddying for cheap fuck golfers when I was 13.:lol:

I was fortunate to drive my dads old beater, man it beat walking.

23 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No shit.  Me and my wife both worked a lot harder to get our cars.  I don't know what my daughter is thinking but she makes me laugh.  I told her we were maybe thinking about handing down my wife's SUV to her.  She said "I don't want that".  HOLY SHIT!  She can be such a little spoiled brat sometimes.

I told my son he drive my fully loaded Jeep Wrangler Rubicon once he gets his full license and I will drive the F150.  He said "I don't want that".  Now he is having second thoughts.

9 minutes ago, Dave said:

I believe Jim gave her the choice of the 2 cars to pick from....

So then let her pick.  

Sorry princess, but the boys on FSCE said your spoiled and should be happy to not have to walk and the Ford is better.

18 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So then let her pick.  

Sorry princess, but the boys on FSCE said your spoiled and should be happy to not have to walk and the Ford is better.

Jim was asking which was better i believe.

• Platinum Contributing Member

My first rig was a rusted out IH Scout that I gave 400 bucks for so I understand all the sentiment but times have changed and she is an only child so I tend to spoil her a little. She does drive 20 miles each way to school on  a two lane county road so AWD is a must plus there has to be some cool factor for her. :bc:

Did I mention the Caddy has 199,000 on the clock?:ashamed:

Edited by Biggie Smails

9 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

My first rig was a rusted out IH Scout that I gave 400 bucks for so I understand all the sentiment but times have changed and she is an only child so I tend to spoil her a little. She does drive 20 miles each way to school on  a two lane county road so AWD is a must plus there has to be some cool factor for her. :bc:

200 k on the clock ................... stay away , far away.

12 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

NO, 

28 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

How many miles on the Ford? The Limited is a pretty nice car, they're reliable and most importantly, it's a safe vehicle.

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, Doos said:

How many miles on the Ford? The Limited is a pretty nice car, they're reliable and most importantly, it's a safe vehicle.

166,000 and the salesman told me today that the mileage has been scaring people off the Caddy. :lol:

I don't think the mileage would scare me off of either if the car looked and felt like it was maintained.  Of course, great records would be nice but, those a tough to get a good read on sometimes too.  Personally, and I'm a GM guy so, I may be a bit biased, I thing a GM with 200k or a ford with 160k are about equal.  And reality of it is that Caddy will probably produce a better resale later on.

But....:dunno:

1 hour ago, Biggie Smails said:

166,000 and the salesman told me today that the mileage has been scaring people off the Caddy. :lol:

Give her what youre driving and buy something new for you... :bc:

Edited by Dave

11 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

So with all things being equal and both vehicles being 2010 AWD models which of these is the better vehicle.....Cadillac CTS 4 or Ford Taurus Limited AWD? Caddy has the 3.0 and the Ford the 3.5.

An Accord with 4 snows for the winter would be the best rig IMO but the ford is going to be a lot less trouble than the Caddy .   :bc:

5 hours ago, Momorider said:

Fords cost way more to maintain than GM ask any mechanic look up part prices :)

:lol::lmao: 

3 hours ago, 02sled said:

If I was a kid and my parents were buying me a car I would take whatever they gave me and say thank you. When I was getting close to 16 I saved my money to buy a 73 Honda CB 550 motorcycle. Then when winter rolled around I was back to walking. I busted my butt and worked after school and weekends to save $3,000.00 and buy a new 74 Mercury Comet the next summer. Once the deal had been done my dad had them put in the next size motor, and full wheel covers rather than hub caps. I was 17, paid for my own gas and insurance on the car.

I earned what I wanted

BINGO

16 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

An Accord with 4 snows for the winter would be the best rig IMO but the ford is going to be a lot less trouble than the Caddy .   :bc:

Master mechanic momo says different. :news: