Check your account email address ×

Another daughter car thread

• Platinum Contributing Member

So with all things being equal and both vehicles being 2010 AWD models which of these is the better vehicle.....Cadillac CTS 4 or Ford Taurus Limited AWD? Caddy has the 3.0 and the Ford the 3.5.

44 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

So with all things being equal and both vehicles being 2010 AWD models which of these is the better vehicle.....Cadillac CTS 4 or Ford Taurus Limited AWD? Caddy has the 3.0 and the Ford the 3.5.

I'd think maintenance and repair costs would cheaper on the Ford?  Less of a target for theft...and the Taurus seems to be holding up well.  I have a buddy who swears by them.  Just my $0.02...

2 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

GM>Ford always :) 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What does she want/prefer?  

Definitely the Caddy so we we going to take a look at it. I brought up the Taurus after I started this thread and she gave it a thumbs down.

Edited by Biggie Smails

42 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Definitely the Caddy so we we going to take a look at it. I brought up the Taurus after I started this thread and she gave it a thumbs down.

Caddy will cost you a fortune if it needs repairs....

My kid would drive the Taurus or would be walking. :bc:

1 hour ago, Biggie Smails said:

Do you plan on doing most of the basic maintenance, ie oil/brakes etc?  

My Bro has a 2010 Lexus that has been great, but does not get the basic repairs done at the dealer.  He also has a 2013 complete POS Santa Ghey (out of warrenty) that cost much more to maintain than the older Lexus.  I would look more to the reliability, just cause the Caddy repairs could cost more does not mean it will break down.  Not saying the Taurus is a POS, but there is no way my kid would want it.

If I was a kid and my parents were buying me a car I would take whatever they gave me and say thank you. When I was getting close to 16 I saved my money to buy a 73 Honda CB 550 motorcycle. Then when winter rolled around I was back to walking. I busted my butt and worked after school and weekends to save $3,000.00 and buy a new 74 Mercury Comet the next summer. Once the deal had been done my dad had them put in the next size motor, and full wheel covers rather than hub caps. I was 17, paid for my own gas and insurance on the car.

I earned what I wanted

7 minutes ago, 02sled said:

If I was a kid and my parents were buying me a car I would take whatever they gave me and say thank you. When I was getting close to 16 I saved my money to buy a 73 Honda CB 550 motorcycle. Then when winter rolled around I was back to walking. I busted my butt and worked after school and weekends to save $3,000.00 and buy a new 74 Mercury Comet the next summer. Once the deal had been done my dad had them put in the next size motor, and full wheel covers rather than hub caps. I was 17, paid for my own gas and insurance on the car.

I earned what I wanted

No shit.  Me and my wife both worked a lot harder to get our cars.  I don't know what my daughter is thinking but she makes me laugh.  I told her we were maybe thinking about handing down my wife's SUV to her.  She said "I don't want that".  HOLY SHIT!  She can be such a little spoiled brat sometimes.

26 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I earned what I wanted

I believe Jim gave her the choice of the 2 cars to pick from....