Check your account email address ×

This is my butcher

• Platinum Contributing Member

Use a couple of local lockers but we have a few grocery stores that have outstanding meat departments and can do to order just about anything.  

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Use a couple of local lockers but we have a few grocery stores that have outstanding meat departments and can do to order just about anything.  

Believe it or not, the Sam’s club here does a good job.  Meat is fresh due to quick circulation and if you go during “butcher hours”, he’ll carve you off a slab of anything you want.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I wish we had better butcher shops around.

We have 2 in our neighborhood, both locally owned and operated and run a good operation. 1 has been around forever and the other started about 13 years ago. For the quality and service they provide it's a good value and I like supporting local business. Good people too. 

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Believe it or not, the Sam’s club here does a good job.  Meat is fresh due to quick circulation and if you go during “butcher hours”, he’ll carve you off a slab of anything you want.  

Sam's and Costco have good meat selections. 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

We have 2 in our neighborhood, both locally owned and operated and run a good operation. 1 has been around forever and the other started about 13 years ago. For the quality and service they provide it's a good value and I like supporting local business. Good people too. 

I'm gonna give one nearby a try today.

Most can't do better than the grocery stores that actually do a decent job.

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I'm gonna give one nearby a try today.

Most can't do better than the grocery stores that actually do a decent job.

Some grocery stores do better than others. But as far as meats go none of the local big stores around here come close to these 2 shops. Go in either of them on a Saturday or Sunday and it is wall to wall. 

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

For certain things our local Sam's is surprisingly good as well.   Best place to get really good Salmon around me.  

13 hours ago, Anler said:

good man

13 hours ago, Anler said:

Some grocery stores do better than others. But as far as meats go none of the local big stores around here come close to these 2 shops. Go in either of them on a Saturday or Sunday and it is wall to wall. 

Yeah , Vince is probly in the basement of the place chopping some union rep up with a chainsaw

15 hours ago, Snake said:

Where I get my awesome ribeyes...

That man has pride :thumbsup:

16 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Yeah , Vince is probly in the basement of the place chopping some union rep up with a chainsaw

I'm  damn good at opening up animals large and small cleanly, and getting to windpipe on the large neatly with all the innards flopping out with no stink or contamination.

With that I take it to a butcher who I know gives me back my animal to eat, you can't imagine the now many assholes gut shoot and or open up the innards while field dressing a deer. Field dressing and butchering are both arts, I bow down with all respect to the good butchers.

10 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

That man has pride :thumbsup:

I'm  damn good at opening up animals large and small cleanly, and getting to windpipe on the large neatly with all the innards flopping out with no stink or contamination.

With that I take it to a butcher who I know gives me back my animal to eat, you can't imagine the now many assholes gut shoot and or open up the innards while field dressing a deer. Field dressing and butchering are both arts, I bow down with all respect to the good butchers.

For years he worked at the local butcher shop.. Ballards. Ken Ballard had been doing it for 40 years, but he got old and closed the shop. I have to drive about 35 miles round trip to get the meat, but I do it every week because it's that damn good.

Guy makes a Teriyaki jerky that is to die for. Ships it all over the country. People come just for that.

On 4/24/2019 at 7:56 AM, Zambroski said:

My butcher (and anyone’s around here that knows meat), rents a space in the back of gas pumps on the way out to the country.

Make no bones about it though, EVERYONE in this area knows “Stokke’s”.

907F3F13-B9A4-491F-AFD1-D47428409587.jpeg

Ended up there on the sled this year looking for gas.  Got a few pepper sticks that made a pretty good lunch and snack on the way home.

2 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Ended up there on the sled this year looking for gas.  Got a few pepper sticks that made a pretty good lunch and snack on the way home.

I stop there on my sled many times a season.  Yep...fantastic jerky and smoked meats too. The jalepeno/cheddar beef sticks are the bomb!!!