Check your account email address ×

EPA is now allowing asbestos back into manufacturing

• Platinum Contributing Member

What’s the point of reversing the regulation?  Pressure of industry?  Pressure from corporations who stand to make money?  Why would we believe an administration that does not believe in science?  

Anar can justify it all he wants - along with his new crew of Doe Dumber, Punk, Tranny, etc...but I’ll stick with those who believe in science and oppose the first step to deregulating asbestos.  

4 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

What’s the point of reversing the regulation?  Pressure of industry?  Pressure from corporations who stand to make money?  Why would we believe an administration that does not believe in science?  

Anar can justify it all he wants - along with his new crew of Doe Dumber, Punk, Tranny, etc...but I’ll stick with those who believe in science and oppose the first step to deregulating asbestos.  

Probably because trump wants all of you liberals to die. 

Edited by Nazipigdog

30 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

NO, and i am not saying asbestos is "safe". Im saying that you dont know the circumstances regarding the lifting of the ban on certain items because it has been done before. You are the one presuming that the market is now going to be flooded with asbestos products and everyone is going to die because of TRUMP.  :lol:

Dont you think I would be a little concerned if they were just going to reverse all asbestos regulation being as I make my living from that? Why would anyone pay to have asbestos removed if they were going to start putting it back in buildings? :lol: 

i'll say this, and then i am done with this topic.

do i think everybody who touches asbestos is going to die? hell no. same thoughts i have on many other things, including cigs.

are some forms of asbestos more dangerous than others? definitely.

do i think that the epa, under the trump admin, is going to "cut corners" and make things less safe, to increase profits? HELL YES. 

do i think the general population, especially consumers, are going to pay close attention to the small labels of things going into things they consume and buy? HELL NO

so it's my opinion, businesses are going to start using asbestos again in products, creating more health hazards, and it'll remain "invisible". because those people would have got cancer anyway, or something else caused it. definitely not the heat shields in the new furnace! in the meantime, prices don't drop, but profits increase. so in the end, comsumers get fucked, corporations make more dough. 

Edited by Snoslinger
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

do i think everybody who touches asbestos is going to die? hell no. same thoughts i have on many other things, including cigs.

do i think that the epa, under the trump admin, is going to "cut corners" and make things less safe, to increase profits? HELL YES. 

do i think the general population, especially consumers, are going to pay close attention to the small labels of things going into things they consume and buy? HELL NO

so it's my opinion, businesses are going to start using asbestos again in products, creating more health hazards, and it'll remain "invisible". because those people would have got cancer anyway, or something else caused it. definitely not the heat shields in the new furnace! in the meantime, prices don't drop, but profits do. so oin the end, comsumers get fucked, corporations make more dough. 

Good decision....you where getting your ass handed to you:bc:

12 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Now there’s a government plot I approve of. Nice work Trump!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Reversing regulation like alcohol prohibition? Sales of slaves? Stuff like that? Just because there’s regulations on the book that doesn’t mean it’s good.

16 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Liberals would never touch the stuff... That'd mean they were doing something. That's not going to happen.

Liberalizm is toxic... 

35 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

YES! Actually the EPA said several years ago that vermiculite is now considered asbestos. It may or may not contain asbestos but the methods used to detect its content are not very reliable so they just say its asbestos. It was used for house attic and wall insulation quite extensively and I cant tell you how many calls I get from home owners freaking out about it once they find out its in their house. IMO completely harmless

exactly

14 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

so it's my opinion, businesses are going to start using asbestos again in products, creating more health hazards, and it'll remain "invisible". because those people would have got cancer anyway, or something else caused it. definitely not the heat shields in the new furnace! in the meantime, prices don't drop, but profits do. so oin the end, comsumers get fucked, corporations make more dough. 

I dont know if you knew this but manufacturers are required to put ingredients, chemicals, substances used in making a product on the package or in a Safety Data Sheet for the product. They are not going to start putting asbestos back into consumer goods. Its not going to happen. 

And some regulations(regarding asbestos) should be rolled back as they are just uber redundant and dont improve safety which also makes them cost prohibitive and unnecessary. Dont get me wrong, I make more money with stricter regulations, but some are just ridiculous.  

3 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I know from the power generation business view Asbestos is a wonder material when it comes to insulation  of steam pipes and boiler parts.    

It was widely used for that. It really is a fantastic product for what it is used for. In its day it was considered a miracle product. Very versatile and practically indestructible. 

4 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

It was widely used for that. It really is a fantastic product for what it is used for. In its day it was considered a miracle product. Very versatile and practically indestructible. 

I handled plenty of asbestos in the 70s, 80s, and early 90s. It was called brake pads, brake shoes, Clutches, exhaust gaskets. 

1 minute ago, T1R9sledder said:

I handled plenty of asbestos in the 70s, 80s, and early 90s. It was called brake pads, brake shoes, Clutches, exhaust gaskets. 

Did you blow the brake dust with the compressor too? :lol: 

1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

do you know what really killed the asbestos industry? It wasnt regulation, it was the tort lawyers. They bankrupted them. Had asbestos manufacturers implemented worker protections and PPE when they knew the dust was harmful (like they do for fiberglass, silica, gypsum and other dusts) they could possibly be still making the shit. They put asbestos in millions of homes and buildings and ill bet you dont know of one person who died or got sick from asbestos because it was in their home.

Fuck I removed over a thousand cubic yards of asbestos from buildings and schools this year already.  And I am going to do that for the next ten years most likely. $$$$. Thanks joo lawyers!

Maybe in the US but it's use is basically outlawed throughout the first world where that simply doesn't exist.... the only places that still use it are 3rd world shitholes that lack regulations and occupational health and safety standards. 

6 minutes ago, T1R9sledder said:

Everything you listed made today, made last year, and made 5 years ago still have asbestos in them, along with quite a few other items I'm sure we have all used in the past year..

Amazing how some people just go straight off the deep end and posture like General Mills is now able to make asbestos flavored Cheerios..

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

Maybe in the US but it's use is basically outlawed throughout the first world where that simply doesn't exist.... the only places that still use it are 3rd world shitholes that lack regulations and occupational health and safety standards. 

Your car has asbestos in it man, every car does in the world...

4 minutes ago, frenchy said:

And do you know where they get it from? Canada! The biggest shithole of all! 

• Like 1

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

And do you know where they get it from? Canada! The biggest shithole of all! 

yeah we export like 98% of what we mine and what we do mine is a fraction of what we used to. I believe Russia is that largest exporter in the world IIRC. 

I remember as a kid having one of these rock and mineral kits similar to the pic that contained a nice chunk of asbestos. ......I remember fibers and peices of it falling off when I handled it.

I also remember having a maze game that contained a nice amount of mercury that you would tilt and roll the silver mercury around the maze to the finish line. Mom wasn't  too happy when I broke the game open and got the liquid mercury all over the couch and floor...kinda a bitch to clean up.

Ahhh the good ole days .....I somehow survived

:bomb:

Cant even imagine what some of those chemicals were in the old chemistry sets we had....way back when.:whiteflag:

il_570xN.487265119_52bj.jpg.cf.jpeg