Check your account email address ×

EPA is now allowing asbestos back into manufacturing

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

let's recap, for bob.

i say asbestos is dangerous and we should not be allowing businesses to use it.

analer says it''s mostly nonsense, it's basically safe to eat, and handle. he doesn't know anyone who ever got cancer from it

bob then says slinger got his ass handed to him

bob then agrees that asbestos is dangerous, like slinger said

:lol:

you cannot make this shit up...

Are you ready to get your ass handed to you again? Lucky for you I am kinda bored today. 

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

Most everything you have posted is bullshit, so what did you really know? 

nah, that would be your anti-hillary, and pro-trump nonsense. i knew asbestos is more dangerous if breathed in. i also knew it was dangerous in other forms, like ingestion, or handling it. this isn't rocket science, or something that requires deep thought or research :lol:

3 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Are you ready to get your ass handed to you again? Lucky for you I am kinda bored today. 

dude, you can twist and turn shit all ya fucking want, but it's all right here, in black and white. 

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Just let him be.  His “ass” is now his upper back legs connected to the base of his skull after his ill-conceived battles this week.

I don’t understand it.

let's recap, for bob.

i say asbestos is dangerous and we should not be allowing businesses to use it.

analer says it''s mostly nonsense, it's basically safe to eat, and handle, and not toxic. he doesn't know anyone who ever got cancer from it

bob then says slinger got his ass handed to him

bob then agrees that asbestos is dangerous, like slinger said originally

:lol:

you cannot make this shit up...

Way to twist things .....you're arguing with a guy is a business where asbestos removal is part of the job. I'll agree with that person. Asbestos is safe to handle in it's inert form. Eating it I would have no idea. Besides who would want to eat that stuff? I handled products for years that contained asbestos. It was banned because when the fibers are airborne it's bad shit. 

Because you think you're the smartest guy in room that not always the case.  

23 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I know dozens who died from it. It was widely used in construction prior to its ban. And the ban was only for the manufacture, there was still years worth of inventory that was sold and installed well into the early 80's. But these were guys who installed asbestos building products everyday, usually with a cigarette hanging out of their mouths. Just being around asbestos does not pose a health risk. 

Did I say its not dangerous and I dont know anybody who died from it? 

20 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Asbestos can cause cancer from ingestion but I have never heard of any cases first hand. In fact some of the old heat and frost insulators used to eat it. The asbestos pipe insulation was made with magnesium silicate so some guys ate it if they had an upset stomach. But they all died from lung cancer, not stomach cancer. 

Did I say its impossible to get cancer from ingesting it? 

17 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

If your house was built before 1980 you most likely have some form of asbestos in it. That goes for all buildings. You are around it everyday most likely. Yet you are not dead. 

There is no law that requires asbestos to be removed because it is SO TOXIC. Asbestos is classified as a "special waste" and not a toxic waste. Asbestos is disposed in community landfills that are permitted to receive asbestos. Not in toxic waste facilites (like lead and other TOXINS) Why? Because is is NOT toxic. 

Also it still exists in millions of houses, office buildings, schools, universities, hospitals, govt buildings, laboratories, etc... So just being around asbestos building products does NOT pose an immediate health risk. Otherwise we would all be sick. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

nah, that would be your anti-hillary, and pro-trump nonsense. i knew asbestos is more dangerous if breathed in. i also knew it was dangerous in other forms, like ingestion, or handling it. this isn't rocket science, or something that requires deep thought or research :lol:

So why doesnt the EPA regulate non friable asbestos materials? :news:

So in summation it appears that Trump is trying to kill off liberals with asbestos poisoning. He chose asbestos poisoning because it takes 40 years to kill you. Its a slow death. And Trump will be dead by the time you get fully poisoned so he cant take responsibility for your poisoning! Thats how evil he is! 

• Haha 1

Just now, T1R9sledder said:

Way to twist things .....you're arguing with a guy is a business where asbestos removal is part of the job. I'll agree with that person. Asbestos is safe to handle in it's inert form. Eating it I would have no idea. Besides who would want to eat that stuff? I handled products for years that contained asbestos. It was banned because when the fibers are airborne it's bad shit. 

Because you think you're the smartest guy in room that not always the case.  

so you'll agree with analer about handling and eating asbestos, not being toxic, etc. but yet be concerned about brake pads and other partshaving it :lol:

thanks for playing and making my case. you are a follower, and the way you jump around in conversations, and base your remarks about who posted what, is comical to watch.

btw i am not pretending to be the smartest guy in the room, although that really isnt that difficult with most of you. i just don't follow people or businesses, blindly. especially when they have track records. 

Just now, Snoslinger said:

so you'll agree with analer about handling and eating asbestos, not being toxic, etc. but yet be concerned about brake pads and other partshaving it :lol:

thanks for playing and making my case. you are a follower, and the way you jump around in conversations, and base your remarks about who posted what, is comical to watch.

btw i am not pretending to be the smartest guy in the room, although that really isnt that difficult with most of you. i just don't follow people or businesses, blindly. especially when they have track records. 

So you are pretending to be an ignoramus? I said in my first post that it is most likely they are lifting the ban for things where a suitable replacement has not been found and it could be required for life safety reasons. As it has been lifted before. Yet you carried this on for 6 pages insinuating that it is all part of some evil corporate scheme. 

7 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

Being in the asbestos business for 30 years now, not all asbestos is necessarily dangerous and its only dangerous if you breath the microscopic fibers for long periods of time. Just about every house or building built before 1980 has or had asbestos in some form in it. We were all exposed to it our whole lives and still are. It was and is in everything. 

Why? because it is a fantastic product for what it is used for. Its chemically resistant, fireproof, non-corrosive, super strong. And the reality is they have not found suitable replacement for it in some extreme applications. One could argue its a life safety issue in some instances where its heat and fire resistance is unmatched. I know first hand that the EPA lifted the ban years ago for certain items for that reason. 

So before you sissy faggots get all panicky you should educate yourselves a little bit on the subject. 

7 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

Also, asbestos is a natural mineral that is mined from the earth. It is non-toxic so soil and ground water are unaffected because it is already in there. :bc: 

6 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

You just dont know what you are talking about. For one, asbestos is NOT toxic. You can rub it on your skin, eat it, stick it up your ass, it is not poisonous.

And like I said, the EPA already lifted the ban for certain applications YEARS AGO. Because they havent found suitable replacements and in life safety situations the immediate risk to safety takes precedence over potential long term effects.

and futhermore... OSHA still governs worker protections for handling asbestos. The EPA cant and wont change anything there. Canada still mines asbestos and they still use it is various products. The human risk is almost nothing if the precautions are followed. Just like working with any other material that causes dust. 

The EPA and OSHA just passed a silica standard for construction. WHY? Because breathing of silica dusts cause the exact same problems as asbestos. Nobody is banning silica. 

Are the going to allow the use of asbestos in all consumer goods and construction materials again? No. You are just being a reactionary retard as usual. 

analer spare me your BS. only after i debunked some of your stupid statements did you start changing shit around and moving goalposts. personally, i think you've worked around asbestos, and some other dangerous substances, far too long. 

Edited by Snoslinger

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

And there it is.....thanks for showing what's common knowledge about you.  

Edited by T1R9sledder

there's more but you get the point. personally, i think you've worked around asbestos, and some other dangerous substances, far too long. 

It is not toxic. That is a mis-characterization. You cannot be poisoned by ingesting asbestos. Ill bring you some!

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

yawn. is that all you can come up with after that smack down? you're too easy dude.  

If that's what call a smack down you better bring  a friend.  I'm done for a bit back to some price updates. Tariffs are kicking in, it's a beautiful thing.:thumb:

Edited by T1R9sledder