Check your account email address ×

WHAT THE FUCK

SSFB

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Quite the disgusting jet stream.

Well, looks fine to me!  You fuckers have had enough snow!  Our turn.  Just got done clearing 'bout 10".

1 hour ago, oleroule said:

looks like taxes need to be increased in the east.

:lol:

• Gold Member
Just now, Snoslinger said:

you weren't scoping out new harvest areas were you? :lol:

I think there was a big grow bust there last year

LOL Nope, I was burning calories and enjoying this beautiful day!

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

I'd rather buy a 1000 dollar beater than rent.  Just not the same as riding your own sled.

Yeah plus the rental places dont offer insurance so if you crash your paying for the damage. Just happened to a guy I know. $6000 in damages. Could have bought 2 beaters and a trailer. 

3 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Yeah plus the rental places dont offer insurance so if you crash your paying for the damage. Just happened to a guy I know. $6000 in damages. Could have bought 2 beaters and a trailer. 

We rented SXS 's  before we bought to see how we liked it.  They were clapped out  junk. 

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

I'd rather buy a 1000 dollar beater than rent.  Just not the same as riding your own sled.

If we were all riding beaters that would be fine because we’d be ready for a couple to break down. I’m not going to be the one to ruin everyone’s ride by having a pos breakdown. We were touring so that would have sucked. 

But yeah owning your own, even a shit box has it’s advantages  

I thought  it would have been fun to have a contest. $1,000.00 maximum buy it, fix it, spare parts included.  Who can get the most miles in a season. 

1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

$2,500.00 deductible and my card might cover that.

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

We rented SXS 's  before we bought to see how we liked it.  They were clapped out  junk. 

This sled has 3,000 miles was a 1200. No complaints. We weren’t ditch banging so it was fine. 

In the end 2 dollars per mile is cheaper than owning. 

I would have spent the winter looking at sleds permitted, insured sitting in my driveway depreciating with all the trails within 100 miles or more closed. 

3 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

If we were all riding beaters that would be fine because we’d be ready for a couple to break down. I’m not going to be the one to ruin everyone’s ride by having a pos breakdown. We were touring so that would have sucked. 

But yeah owning your own, even a shit box has it’s advantages  

I thought  it would have been fun to have a contest. $1,000.00 maximum buy it, fix it, spare parts included.  Who can get the most miles in a season. 

$2,500.00 deductible and my card might cover that.

This sled has 3,000 miles was a 1200. No complaints. We weren’t ditch banging so it was fine. 

In the end 2 dollars per mile is cheaper than owning. 

I would have spent the winter looking at sleds permitted, insured sitting in my driveway depreciating with all the trails within 100 miles or more closed. 

Your card won't cover a sled rental, you might want to call them.

1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

My wife t-bones a tree (low speed) in Colorado years ago (tha ninny!).  $2800 in damage....right out of my back pocket!!!

16 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Your card won't cover a sled rental, you might want to call them.

Yep.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

My wife t-bones a tree (low speed) in Colorado years ago (tha ninny!).  $2800 in damage....right out of my back pocket!!!

Yep.

The other part that is really funny is he is renting a 1200 and does not realize he's responsible for the entire replacement value if it gets totaled, not just the deductible.

Very beta.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

The other part that is really funny is he is renting a 1200 and does not realize he's responsible for the entire replacement value if it gets totaled, not just the deductible.

Very beta.

:lol: I mean...that shit is just funny.  Because it's just so accurate!

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Very beta.

Really?  So the insurance I paid for to cover everything past $2,500.00 was fraud?  Man that’s some hefty accusation.

Thanks for the warning. I’ll check next time. 

Or maybe I’m not a stupid as that fucktard Zambo. 

Its kind of amazing that your buddy Zambo even has a story to match this situation. 

For a guy that spends all day online at various sled sites and is a  keen investor, Zambo sure has some cool real life experiences. 

7 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Really?  So the insurance I paid for to cover everything past $2,500.00 was fraud?  Man that’s some hefty accusation.

Its kind of amazing that your buddy Zambo even has a story to match this situation. 

For a guy that spends all day online at various sled sites and is a  keen investor, Zambo sure has some cool real life experiences. 

Its not common to have sled insurance covering collision for rentals.  Simple reason is they can't get it or they would gladly offer it.  

So who did you rent this from?  :lol:

7 hours ago, ckf said:

That is sounding better and better considering the past few winters :thumb:

I have a bud who thought that . then the rental went rolling down a mountain he now owns a x rental with new plastic and steering post and gauges because it was cheaper to buy it than pay them the fix it price

16 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I have not seen a rental outfit offering insurance for a long time . I think some of the resorts self insure with very high deductibles and steep per day coverage on there short track trail fans . no one offering for the mountain sleds . believe me I have looked would much rather fly and rent but I hit way to much shit

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Its not common to have sled insurance covering collision for rentals.  Simple reason is they can't get it or they would gladly offer it.  

So who did you rent this from?  :lol:

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I have a bud who thought that . then the rental went rolling down a mountain he now owns a x rental with new plastic and steering post and gauges because it was cheaper to buy it than pay them the fix it price

Weird because fire, theft and collision was included up to $2,500.00 deductible. But hey you guys know better. 

How many miles/km have you put on this year?  How are those Parry Sound trails looking this weekend?

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I have not seen a rental outfit offering insurance for a long time . I think some of the resorts self insure with very high deductibles and steep per day coverage on there short track trail fans . no one offering for the mountain sleds . believe me I have looked would much rather fly and rent but I hit way to much shit

I was on trails. I think you spend a lot of time in the mountains. Riding is a little trickier where you are. 

In 40 years I’ve never done $500.00 damage at any one time  

Also this was a rental in Canada.