Check your account email address ×

Is it too early to start talking about sleds?

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, FAT DAVE said:

Ya thats what I figured....some of the early ecms had issues....no codes....just would not run periodically...then run like nothing was wrong.

Thanks for the info! :bc: I'll look into replacing the ECU for peace of mind.

3 hours ago, FAT DAVE said:

The Crank Shop in Vermont would be your best bet I think.

It's starting to sounds like this crankshaft is from CVTech-AAB... I just need to confirm the part number

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

seems to not be an issue after 15-  Yamaha helping them out worked wonders.  

Honestly I'd buy a 16 or 17 141 cat for the right price this year.  .  

Don't think Yamaha helped them at all.   They went to Team.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

overall process improvement helped them as well,   QC was poor with the first years of the new chassis.  

QC has always been an issue with Cat.   I'm sure they learned from the requirements Yamaha put on them.   As far as clutching I think its Team that helped them.  

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i'll put away the bike and golf clubs tomorrow if you can tell me i can start riding sleds in 30 days.  

I love to ride, hate the cold. After two shit winters with no ice and snow..........not really looking forward.   

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

This summer sucked, barely touched the summer toys.   I'm not ready for winter. :3gears: 

I know what you mean...not too many real hot days and the extended forecast looks like 75-80 degrees everyday. 

5 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I know what you mean...not too many real hot days and the extended forecast looks like 75-80 degrees everyday. 

i love 70-80 warmer than that is too hot.  little chill in the air last night on the motorcycle had to put the liner in my jacket.  

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i love 70-80 warmer than that is too hot.  little chill in the air last night on the motorcycle had to put the liner in my jacket.  

I couldn't agree more but if we are to have some days that are 90+ it should be about now. Mid July to mid / end of August. I've been using the lake a lot less this summer then last summer. 

Around here Summer and Winter has mellowed out lately. :sad: 

Edited by Skidooski

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

I couldn't agree more but if we are to have some days that are 90+ it should be about now. Mid July to mid / end of August. I've been using the lake a lot less this summer then last summer. 

Around here Summer and Winter has mellowed out lately. :sad: 

I was just thinking about that....75 and low humidity is a perfect summer day for me.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I was just thinking about that....75 and low humidity is a perfect summer day for me.

For sure, but when you're on the lake you'd like it to be a little warmer than that.

40 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

seems to not be an issue after 15-  Yamaha helping them out worked wonders.  

Honestly I'd buy a 16 or 17 141 cat for the right price this year.  .  

They had a problem with team rapid response 2 clutches that self adjust the deflection and recalled them. 

My team clutches run much cooler then the old cat clutches I know that but I don't have the newest one on mine that were recalled only the t cat and 9000 had them for 17.  

1 hour ago, FAT DAVE said:

How many miles were put on the rest of the season? If it went into limp it would throw a code....it would also run with reduced power in limp as well.

I never ran it after I got to thetrailer, hadto pushing up in,did probably another 800MI without issue and it never threw a code

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

Uh......Nope.

img.jpg

I rode the cat Turbo, this is virtually the same sled without the belt shredding. Axys and 850 are more significant. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

It's starting to sounds like this crankshaft is from CVTech-AAB... I just need to confirm the part number

Ive dealt with them for primary clutches...thats about it.