Check your account email address ×

Is it too early to start talking about sleds?

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yep.

I find the whole 600 v. 800 thing amusing.  The 6's and 8's handle virtually the same.   Weight, CG are virtually the same.  Yes the 800 can cause mistakes but it can also make up for them.   Given 2 equal riders the 800's will be quicker.   You can't give up 30-35 hp and expect not to be at a disadvantage at times.  

Depends on distance and terrain.  My buddy is faster on his 600 than my 800.  And I am just as fast on his 600.  Over an 8 mile run.  He's a better rider.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Depends on distance and terrain.  My buddy is faster on his 600 than my 800.  And I am just as fast on his 600.  Over an 8 mile run.  He's a better rider.

As long as one is having fun riding, who cares.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, T1R9sledder said:

As long as one is having fun riding, who cares.

It depends on how each gets their "fun".

The CC argument is one of the funniest arguments in any motorsports to me.  Most completely take out ALL human factor and bank on straight power.  I wonder how many of these arguers have ever raced anything.  I've had my ass smoked on half the machine I was riding and have smoked many racing twice the machine I was.

We stopped and waited for that Turbo group after I passed them on my 380.  I wanted them to see the stickers.  But, we weren't waiting all fucking day!!!! :lol:

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yep.

I find the whole 600 v. 800 thing amusing.  The 6's and 8's handle virtually the same.   Weight, CG are virtually the same.  Yes the 800 can cause mistakes but it can also make up for them.   Given 2 equal riders the 800's will be quicker.   You can't give up 30-35 hp and expect not to be at a disadvantage at times.  

Plus they rev quicker now days and are more fuel efficient with equal riding styles ........all of these things were hashed over on HCS in a thread and all the retard 600 poser had to fall back on was his claim that "the 600 is easier to  throw around do to its reduced gyroscopic effect" :lol: that bullshit didnt hunt either

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It depends on how each gets their "fun".

The CC argument is one of the funniest arguments in any motorsports to me.  Most completely take out ALL human factor and bank on straight power.  I wonder how many of these arguers have ever raced anything.  I've had my ass smoked on half the machine I was riding and have smoked many racing twice the machine I was.

We stopped and waited for that Turbo group after I passed them on my 380.  I wanted them to see the stickers.  But, we weren't waiting all fucking day!!!! :lol:

Fuck...I bet I bottomed that suspension out 100 times that day. :lmao:

10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

well then your 800 must be a poor setup because there is zero reason given all else being equal for a 600 to ever be faster. They are not lighter , they do not handle better and they are not faster anywhere in the rpm range

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Plus they rev quicker now days and are more fuel efficient with equal riding styles ........all of these things were hashed over on HCS in a thread and all the retard 600 poser had to fall back on was his claim that "the 600 is easier to  throw around do to its reduced gyroscopic effect" :lol: that bullshit didnt hunt either

That was a classic!!!!  

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

well then your 800 must be a poor setup because there is zero reason given all else being equal for a 600 to ever be faster. They are not lighter , they do not handle better and they are not faster anywhere in the rpm range

It has more to do with control and effort than machine set up.

Just now, Zambroski said:

It has nothing to do with the machine set up.  It has to do with control and effort.

bullshit....maybe if we are talking about my wife riding them.....not a grown ass man that can handle a sled properly. Its not like the 800 has 200 more hp. You wanna talk about needing to be judicious with the throttle then lets talk about 300 hp turbo sleds. An 800 has a little more of everything then a 600 and it makes a difference ....not a whole massive lot though

Just now, f7ben said:

that kid had his ass handed to him thoroughly :lol: I wonder if it was Slingers kid or something 

I think it was that retard "XCR600Racer" guy.  He took an ass-handing in every thread.  ZERO sled knowledge.  That doesn't work so well there. 

I think it was that retard "XCR600Racer" guy.  He took an ass-handing in every thread.  ZERO sled knowledge.  That doesn't work so well there. 

Its a tough game to try to bullshit people that know .....it boils down to knowing your audience :lol: 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

bullshit....maybe if we are talking about my wife riding them.....not a grown ass man that can handle a sled properly. Its not like the 800 has 200 more hp. You wanna talk about needing to be judicious with the throttle then lets talk about 300 hp turbo sleds. An 800 has a little more of everything then a 600 and it makes a difference ....not a whole massive lot though

We should ride together on my trails so you can show me.  Get your's all built up first and let me get a 600.  Or maybe I'll buy another 380 for the experience. :lol:

We should ride together on my trails so you can show me.  Get your's all built up first and let me get a 600.  Or maybe I'll buy another 380 for the experience. :lol:

I am an outstanding snowmobile pilot ....you stand little chance regardless of who's riding what 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I am an outstanding snowmobile pilot ....you stand little chance regardless of who's riding what 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

Are you Maverick, Iceman or Jester? I'll take what's behind door #3 Monte.:bc::lol:

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Vince bought that 600 ctec. 20mpgs, super smooth running 20,000 mile motor, blah blah. We switched sleds and you really notice the lack of power of the 600 right away coming off of an 800. Oh and my etec got better economy too. Guess who is back on an 800 this year? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Vince bought that 600 ctec. 20mpgs, super smooth running 20,000 mile motor, blah blah. We switched sleds and you really notice the lack of power of the 600 right away coming off of an 800. Oh and my etec got better economy too. Guess who is back on an 800 this year? 

Well that isnt really fair .......because .....well......Arctic Cat

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well that isnt really fair .......because .....well......Arctic Cat

I dont understand it either... 

The good news is they have better/easier to remove body panels now so they are easier to work on trailside..  :thumbsup: 

Edited by Anler

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, Anler said:

Go from a Turbo to an 800 its even worse.   I still got my 11 Z1 Turbo then bought a 16 800 xrs.   Simply put the 800's are boring at times.   Don't get me wrong the 800's are a blast but until you put some serious seat time on something with 250+ HP you don't know what you are missing.  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Go from a Turbo to an 800 its even worse.   I still got my 11 Z1 Turbo then bought a 16 800 xrs.   Simply put the 800's are boring at times.   Don't get me wrong the 800's are a blast but until you put some serious seat time on something with 250+ HP you don't know what you are missing.  

I know the turbo power is awesome but for the type of riding I do the turbo is just not appealing. I have thought about the 4 stroke thing a couple times and the idea of not having to carry or buy oil is appealing but then I ride a 4 stroke and think. nah...