Check your account email address ×

Is it too early to start talking about sleds?

10 minutes ago, T1R9sledder said:

They wish.....Robert  is a regal name. :bc:

:lmao::bc:

11 minutes ago, Anler said:

I dont understand it either... 

The good news is they have better/easier to remove body panels now so they are easier to work on trailside..  :thumbsup: 

:lol:

USXC captions.jpg

Just now, Zambroski said:

:lmao::bc:

:lol:

USXC captions.jpg

Take Tucker out of the equation and its a different story. Remember when Morgan used to race for AC? Then he went to doo. He still won. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Anler said:

I know the turbo power is awesome but for the type of riding I do the turbo is just not appealing. I have thought about the 4 stroke thing a couple times and the idea of not having to carry or buy oil is appealing but then I ride a 4 stroke and think. nah... 

No question each have their high points.   Hell I had a riot one year switching off and on to Cat Sno Pro 500.  Thing corned amazing and was a blast to ride.  

Funny how the guys who claim 600's are so much faster never talk about the even lower CC sleds.   Why aren't they even quicker yet?  

Apples to apples, rider experience and sleds set up equally the 800's are quicker.   You would really have to get to a tight trail/track where the HP isn't as big as issue and then even the 500's could compete.  Rarely do you see qualified racers say I'll take less power.  

Just now, Highmark said:

No question each have their high points.   Hell I had a riot one year switching off and on to Cat Sno Pro 500.  Thing corned amazing and was a blast to ride.  

Funny how the guys who claim 600's are so much faster never talk about the even lower CC sleds.   Why aren't they even quicker yet?  

Apples to apples, rider experience and sleds set up equally the 800's are quicker.   You would really have to get to a tight trail/track where the HP isn't as big as issue and then even the 500's could compete.  Rarely do you see qualified racers say I'll take less power.  

In the Wisconsin northwoods you can keep up on a 600 because the top end isnt really a factor. Once things open up the 800 keeps pulling. Its a stupid argument. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Anler said:

In the Wisconsin northwoods you can keep up on a 600 because the top end isnt really a factor. Once things open up the 800 keeps pulling. Its a stupid argument. 

Depends where in Northern Wisconsin.   UP its not even a comparison.  Its not just top end either its acceleration corner to corner.  Given both sleds cornering the same a half a sled length every couple straightaways starts adding up.  

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

But the problem is, nobody here is arguing that an 600 can keep up with an 800 on straights.  So, how can it be stupid if it doesn't exist?  I equate straight line riders boasting about sled speed to mini-van drivers boasting about leg room. :lol:

But the problem is, nobody here is arguing that an 600 can keep up with an 800 on straights.  So, how can it be stupid if it doesn't exist?  I equate straight line riders boasting about sled speed to mini-van drivers boasting about leg room. :lol:

Going from an 800 to a 600 is a very noticeable difference. The 600 feels lethargic. Especially coming off of a bad ass 800 like an etec. :news:  

10 minutes ago, Anler said:

Take Tucker out of the equation and its a different story. Remember when Morgan used to race for AC? Then he went to doo. He still won. 

Hey meatloaf....See that banner in the back?  You're "if it weren't for Tucker" argument is weak sauce. It's fucking watered down ketchup! :lol:

Hey meatloaf....See that banner in the back?  You're "if it weren't for Tucker" argument is weak sauce. It's fucking watered down ketchup! :lol:

No its not. Put tucker on a skidoo and he would be even better. Even the Cat faithful would abandon ship. 

Just now, Anler said:

Going from an 800 to a 600 is a very noticeable difference. The 600 feels lethargic. Especially coming off of a bad ass 800 like an etec. :news:  

If that's a problem, clutch it.  And again, depends on your trails.  My sled is geared and clutched to do 30-70 up and down.  It engages at 5k rpm.  And clearly it's got more grunt than the 600.  But the work it takes to control is taxing and the necessity for that power is not there where I ride.  

If that's a problem, clutch it.  And again, depends on your trails.  My sled is geared and clutched to do 30-70 up and down.  It engages at 5k rpm.  And clearly it's got more grunt than the 600.  But the work it takes to control is taxing and the necessity for that power is not there where I ride.  

yeah im pretty lazy when it comes to modding my sled. If I have a sled and the power is too low you just get a bigger sled. You bore, stroke, port a 600 all you can and guess what? 800 still has more power. Its dumb. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

No its not. Put tucker on a skidoo and he would be even better. Even the Cat faithful would abandon ship. 

Why can't doo find their own Tucker then?  What's the DEEE-lay?  And I'm well aware of the "Tucker factor", that's not why most Cat riders choose their sleds.  Cat has a racing pedigree where they incorporate more of their racing knowledge into each sled than any other manu.  If that isn't appealing, then it's not the right sled for you.  

Just now, Anler said:

yeah im pretty lazy when it comes to modding my sled. If I have a sled and the power is too low you just get a bigger sled. You bore, stroke, port a 600 all you can and guess what? 800 still has more power. Its dumb. 

That is dumb.  And that's been stated many times.  Clutching and gearing is all that should be reasonably done on a 600 IMO.

Why can't doo find their own Tucker then?  What's the DEEE-lay?  And I'm well aware of the "Tucker factor", that's not why most Cat riders choose their sleds.  Cat has a racing pedigree where they incorporate more of their racing knowledge into each sled than any other manu.  If that isn't appealing, then it's not the right sled for you.  

To be honest I havent watched a SnoX race in years. I just dont care. I ride what suits me and this winter that is a Poo Switchback. 

Just now, Anler said:

To be honest I havent watched a SnoX race in years. I just dont care. I ride what suits me and this winter that is a Poo Switchback. 

That's what the majority feel and do.  But for many others, clutching gearing and racing are an extension of the hobby.  I couldn't imagine not doing clutch work on any of my sleds to get more of what I want out of it.  But most, as long as it moves when they hit the flipper, are good with what they get. 

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That's what the majority feel and do.  But for many others, clutching gearing and racing are an extension of the hobby.  I couldn't imagine not doing clutch work on any of my sleds to get more of what I want out of it.  But most, as long as it moves when they hit the flipper, are good with what they get. 

Works for me.......it's all about having fun and getting there for me. An occasional burst of high speed of 45 makes for a well rounded day. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, T1R9sledder said:

Works for me.......it's all about having fun and getting there for me. An occasional burst of high speed of 45 makes for a well rounded day. 

Me too!  But I'm usually hanging off the side trying to negotiate a corner at the time and realizing I came in too hot as my anus starts to leak! :lol:

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That is dumb.  And that's been stated many times.  Clutching and gearing is all that should be reasonably done on a 600 IMO.

Its amazing what a little clutching and gearing can do to a little 600...Ive riddena few polaris CC sleds that were stupid fast to 80

Me too!  But I'm usually hanging off the side trying to negotiate a corner at the time and realizing I came in too hot as my anus starts to leak! :lol:

Well you're just need to slow down in the corners. A proper speed is less than 10 mph.  Any thing faster is to fast for me. 

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

Its amazing what a little clutching and gearing can do to a little 600...Ive riddena few polaris CC sleds that were stupid fast to 80

Most don't realize that a few hundred bucks into some solid clutching (with good advice) makes that 600 a whole different machine.  Those same ones also don't realize that the 600 cc sno-x sleds are pulling more HP than their 800s straight from the factory.