Check your account email address ×

Is it too early to start talking about sleds?

8 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Ben is all about speed. The rip2 is a paddle type track, so not as fast top end as some others. 

I think the rip 2 is a good trail track . adequate soft snow over a base off trail track .

I prefer a more soft snow trail track on my all around sled so I go with the cobra .

for deep snow it is hard to top the powder claw . a lot of guys like the 3 i my self like the 2.6 so it is some what usable on the trail 

Edited by Ez ryder

Just now, Zambroski said:

Must be a new gender you are talking about then. "gurlz"?

Probably :)

I havent ridden much other then a few mountain trips...mostly cause of lack of snow at home...but the majority of sleds down or with issues are Cats around here...

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

How the fuck would I know? :lol:

What the fuck is a "Bear Cat"? :lmao:

It was a sled the newf use to jerk off on everytime he went to the cat dealership.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

How the fuck would I know? :lol:

What the fuck is a "Bear Cat"? :lmao:

Bearcat is Cat's utility sled.  I don't know if it was a proto or if they offered it as a PG&A, but I've seen a Bearcat with a blade mounted on the front.

Cat and Yamaha ....more fail then you can even comprehend. The fucking POS procross is about damn near as long in the tooth as the apex chassis.....only atleast the apex chassis was good for something. Cat is a fucking joke

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FAT DAVE said:

It was a sled the newf use to jerk off on everytime he went to the cat dealership.

"Newf"?  Alias for.....

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Bearcat is Cat's utility sled.  I don't know if it was a proto or if they offered it as a PG&A, but I've seen a Bearcat with a blade mounted on the front.

Utility sled.  Yeah, I'm not up to speed on those...at all....anybrand.  I'd just have a four wheeler.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Cat and Yamaha ....more fail then you can even comprehend. The fucking POS procross is about damn near as long in the tooth as the apex chassis.....only atleast the apex chassis was good for something. Cat is a fucking joke

um yeah my last trip 

20170203_113835.jpg

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

IMG_1760.JPG

• Like 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

"Newf"?  Alias for.....

Utility sled.  Yeah, I'm not up to speed on those...at all....anybrand.  I'd just have a four wheeler.

Newfiebullet....i wish he would come back to FS....you think serenas a crazy lib...you havent seen anything.

But at least newf contributed to the site in other ways...unlike serena.

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Rip 2 is an excellent track.  Why screw in studs?

Lightweight, zero drive train vibration. I started using studs in 91 and while I liked the extra traction I just hated the vibrations those nails put into the drivetrain along with the tearouts, so for the past 9 years I've been riding mostly studless.

The tear outs on my 09 Turbo from riding the rocks on the north shore did the damage below, so for 2010 I put a 136 Ice Ripper on it and then proceeded to fry those little bastards off riding powder snow on the paved section of H58 through the Lake Superior National Seashore, so no stud for that season, and no studs for my 11 800 EXT, on studs on my 12 Turbo until the 14 season, then I used screw ins on my 14 8000 with a Rip I and I loved them. If your not going drag racing and if you don't need to dead hook screw ins are the bomb.

Cobra single ply on a turbo tank :lol: 

IMG_0740.JPG

4 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Newfiebullet....i wish he would come back to FS....you think serenas a crazy lib...you havent seen anything.

But at least newf contributed to the site in other ways...unlike serena.

Haven't seen much of him nextdoor either , maybe once or twice all summer

actually it was a fucked up deal . a hunk of the air box broke off and wedged the butterfly on the throttle body open . have never seen anything like it . we had a 12 emo pop its 3rd motor an that trip and a turbo pro blew can't blame that one on poo.but the 12 is rediculs.  3 motors in under 2k mi good thing he got the 5 yr warranty 

5 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Lightweight, zero drive train vibration. I started using studs in 91 and while I liked the extra traction I just hated the vibrations those nails put into the drivetrain along with the tearouts, so for the past 9 years I've been riding mostly studless.

The tear outs on my 09 Turbo from riding the rocks on the north shore did the damage below, so for 2010 I put a 136 Ice Ripper on it and then proceeded to fry those little bastards off riding powder snow on the paved section of H58 through the Lake Superior National Seashore, so no stud for that season, and no studs for my 11 800 EXT, on studs on my 12 Turbo until the 14 season, then I used screw ins on my 14 8000 with a Rip I and I loved them. If your not going drag racing and if you don't need to dead hook screw ins are the bomb.

Cobra single ply on a turbo tank :lol: 

IMG_0740.JPG

Ever try a pre studded?  Like ice ripper?  I had one on my Doo at first.  Worked fairly well and no tear outs at all.  Just not enough traction as the full studs.

I've never been a fan of cobra.  My buddy has tried two now and they are a mess compared to my rippys by the end of the season.  We do zero off trail though so I think they are better for that stuff.

Just now, Sal Rosenberg said:

Haven't seen much of him nextdoor either , maybe once or twice all summer

Probably having fun with his little guy one would think.