Check your account email address ×

Greatest muscle sled of all time?

Rod

38 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

About The most powerful stock 2 stroke i been around was the Mach 1000

All things being considered I guess.  Reliability maybe not.  Handled like dog balls.  A refrigerator on roller skates if you will.......  :snack: 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

All things being considered I guess.  Reliability maybe not.  Handled like dog balls.  A refrigerator on roller skates if you will.......  :snack: 

Ride and handled better than yamaha and same fuel mileage as 600 sdi 

11 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

And the nssr world record speed for 1000 feet, 1000cc class, still belongs to the 1998 Arctic Cat Thundercat and Patty Olson. Still stands to this day.

People haven’t raced 1000’ for 20 years 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, GreenStreak said:

And the nssr world record speed for 1000 feet, 1000cc class, still belongs to the 1998 Arctic Cat Thundercat and Patty Olson. Still stands to this day.

Yep.   Know the guy who now owns that sled.  

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You ever run across Tim Novotny or Denny Mousseau in your racing days? 

No but I'd only go to a couple bigger events every year.   Spent most my time racing at local events which is tough enough because there are no tech inspections.   Got a bunch of 6" high 1st or 2nd place trophies for my troubles too!  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

No but I'd only go to a couple bigger events every year.   Spent most my time racing at local events which is tough enough because there are no tech inspections.   Got a bunch of 6" high 1st or 2nd place trophies for my troubles too!  :lol:  

Haha...got ya...pretty sure they are both done racing now but they did well back in the day...Tim on a Doo and Denny on a Cat.

10 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

About The most powerful stock 2 stroke i been around was the Mach 1000

Rocket ships, road great but had some reliability issues. People like Peter Duncanson, Brent Hoag and Cliff Randal still swear by them if properly updated

48 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You ever run across Tim Novotny or Denny Mousseau in your racing days? 

Seen his son Jake this Fall in Applegate grass drags First. race I've been to in many years

28 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Rocket ships, road great but had some reliability issues. People like Peter Duncanson, Brent Hoag and Cliff Randal still swear by them if properly updated

Seen his son Jake this Fall in Applegate grass drags First. race I've been to in many years

No kidding...I didn’t realize Jake raced...he is definitely a chip off the old block. They don’t call his dad “Trouble” for nothing.🤣🤣🥴

Tim is one helluva wrench as well.

His nickname is Trouble but not in a malicious criminal way...he is nice as the day is long but he has been a wild one!😎

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

8 hours ago, SSFB said:

Serious? Your 800 Poo blow up?

Yup.  Dealer saying it needs an entire new motor.  5400 sheckles.  Obviously I’m very pleased about it.  :lol:  

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yup.  Dealer saying it needs an entire new motor.  5400 sheckles.  Obviously I’m very pleased about it.  :lol:  

Holeeeee fak

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No kidding...I didn’t realize Jake raced...he is definitely a chip off the old block. They don’t call his dad “Trouble” for nothing.🤣🤣🥴

Tim is one helluva wrench as well.

Yep....Look Jake up on FakeBook and his background pic is from race #2  at Applegate at their Halloween race when they got a lot of rain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Dump a used motor in it...and it will make a nice down payment on a new 9hundy T.

11 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Dump a used motor in it...and it will make a nice down payment on a new 9hundy T.

Waiting to hear back from the Polaris rep I bought it from before I do anything. I’m sniffing around right now for a 900t, and may just park the dead horse in the shed until I find a good rebuilt.  

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Waiting to hear back from the Polaris rep I bought it from before I do anything. I’m sniffing around right now for a 900t, and may just park the dead horse in the shed until I find a good rebuilt.  

I hate waiting! :lol:

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

When right the 1000 doo rips.   Huge thread on DooTalk or HCS going over the grounding issues for one.   Dude spent a lot of time on making the 05-06 reliable.   I think the 07 had some improvements.