Check your account email address ×

Greatest muscle sled of all time?

Rod

2 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Thinking aboot picking this up... 3300 miles and 800 on a crate engine. Looks mint. Had triple pipes STOCK. Comes with triple stingers too omg 

91015D0F-13FB-43D7-8C76-1E4A4321FE01.png

they were fast untill they chewed up the crank . my bud I still ride with blew his crank between my cabin and the bar at around 2am and 15 below .not a great night the next night my clutch fell off my 94 zr 700 . yep no bolt or it vibrated of from factory it was close to 20 below that night . old sleds were always a adventure 

15 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Nice $3000 sled. Cheap, reliable, fast. Sounds like my ride on though!:lol:

Yes to all of that

4 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

So slow stock but can be made fast cheap. And a much more reliable chassis than the 1100T

Yes to all of this

56 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

is this thread about the 2019 SRX cause thats the greatest of all time if you want to head over to back and forth lake :dunno:  

no but the old red head srx 600 and 700 were the most reliable 3 hole 2 st ever built for a sled . he'll prob the most reliable 2st ever put in a sled 

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

they were fast untill they chewed up the crank . my bud I still ride with blew his crank between my cabin and the bar at around 2am and 15 below .not a great night the next night my clutch fell off my 94 zr 700 . yep no bolt or it vibrated of from factory it was close to 20 below that night . old sleds were always a adventure 

There’s supposedly an oil passage that’s casted over and if you drill it out it helps a lot 

Edited by Rod Johnson

• Platinum Contributing Member
45 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Rotax triples still dominate the improved classes here on snow 

20 years later and the twins still can only compete at shorter distances like 500 foot with a big weight break 

22 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

20 years later and the twins still can only compete at shorter distances like 500 foot with a big weight break 

Since we went down to 500’ there’s some quick twin cylinder improvers 

Just now, f7ben said:

Fuck man......500' is a chassis setup race

Yeah. That last 160’ really made all the difference. The old CFR used to dominate. If I came out beside someone I knew I’d run a train on them after 500’. It’s so much tighter now. 

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

Yeah. That last 160’ really made all the difference. The old CFR used to dominate. If I came out beside someone I knew I’d run a train on them after 500’. It’s so much tighter now. 

HP and clutching start to take over after that 5-700 '

Just now, f7ben said:

HP and clutching start to take over after that 5-700 '

Yeah they do. I had to change my entire setup for 500’. When I took a hiatus from racing they were just changing To 500. Came back a couple years later and got my ass kicked lmao

13 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Doo didn't make a 95 FIII. 95.5 was mid year and was the only silver tunneled FIII. Fast as shit and detuned for 96. 

127+ for 95

124-125 96-97

98 was supposedly only around 118

2 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

they had to go 500 the big turbo sleds,were just going way  to fast in 660