Check your account email address ×

Greatest muscle sled of all time?

Rod

10 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Don't blame ya. Wish I never sold mine

With 2 equally skilled drivers on groomed trails, even with some tight turns thrown in , I think the 800 XCR would win, rough trails the XCR loses.

30 minutes ago, Highmark said:

When right the 1000 doo rips.   Huge thread on DooTalk or HCS going over the grounding issues for one.   Dude spent a lot of time on making the 05-06 reliable.   I think the 07 had some improvements.  

Seal between the airbox and side panel was bad too. Engine was breathing in belt mess the entire time 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

Seal between the airbox and side panel was bad too. Engine was breathing in belt mess the entire time 

That's what I remember reading...was that just on the Mach or all Revs?

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

With 2 equally skilled drivers on groomed trails, even with some tight turns thrown in , I think the 800 XCR would win, rough trails the XCR loses.

Yep, I had 2 99's and an 03 . NH vt , they  would beat me up. Northern Maine , they couldn't be beat.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That's what I remember reading...was that just on the Mach or all Revs?

I think just the Mach? I bought an 05 with 2200 miles on it. Pulled the reeds and they were half plugged with belt goop

2mm over sized rollers and a purple secondary spring and that thing ate my xp800 alive. Only 2 stroke I owned that would cruise at 90-100 mph 

I know a guy with a Mach 1000 that blew a belt on th trail. He changed it, drove a mile and the engine locked up solid. Here a chunk of belt made its way right into the engine and locked it up lmao 

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-2018-POLARIS-AXYS-PRO-RMK-800-ENGINE-MOTOR-COMPLETE-1144mi/202538128457?hash=item2f28369449:g:af0AAOSwZtRcFS3~:rk:35:pf:0

have it shipped to denis place on the Canadian side of the border then get travis to do the install as a sidejob.  

There you go @DriftBusta

4 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Yup.  Dealer saying it needs an entire new motor.  5400 sheckles.  Obviously I’m very pleased about it.  :lol:  

Yea that just blows..... Did you get a reason for failure and a good description of what is actually broke on the engine?

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I knew of this place, Dave already told me.  Gotta wait and hear from the rep.  There’s a place upstate NY that sells them too.

Who is that? 

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I knew of this place, Dave already told me.  Gotta wait and hear from the rep.  There’s a place upstate NY that sells them too.

Damn I'm surprised that motor f7ben'd on you like that.  I asked Tom how the 800HO was holding up in the mountains over the past 3 years and said that theyve been damn good.  The 800HO is the only poo big bore in the last 20 years that Id trust, pending the real world results of the 850 over the next few years.  

1 hour ago, thewayout said:

Damn I'm surprised that motor f7ben'd on you like that.  I asked Tom how the 800HO was holding up in the mountains over the past 3 years and said that theyve been damn good.  The 800HO is the only poo big bore in the last 20 years that Id trust, pending the real world results of the 850 over the next few years.  

I had heard the same, and between my sks and Assault I have over 5000 issue free miles on that motor.  They generally run like a top. I honestly think it was a dose of bad gas.  Above ground tank and I don’t run iso 

Edited by DriftBusta

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I had heard the same, and between my sks and Assault I have over 5000 issue free miles on that motor.  They generally run like a top. I honestly think it was a dose of bad gas.  Above ground tank and I don’t run iso 

I’ll be carrying a bottle of iso-heet this year just in case. I filled up on a couple of above ground tanks last year but they get heavily used and gas doesn’t sit for very long in those tanks. 

I usually let Brian or prestone fill up first :lol: 

Edited by thewayout