Check your account email address ×

Winter 2017

On January 6, 2017 at 8:51 PM, Puzzleboy said:

Awesome picture with the blower!!!!

Gary will be masturbating furiously to that one. 

Give it a rest kind of old

Edited by 02sled

11 hours ago, dirtybeacher said:

Barrie

IMG_1858.JPG

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

:nuts:

2 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Kempenfelt?  WTF?

2 hours ago, dirtybeacher said:

Farm field  

I live a 5 min ride from this, was through there this eve. It's odd as there has never been that much water there in years past. It's a narrow spot and dry again not far from the hole each way. The Dozer tracks come from the landowners farm/business,  nice of them to give the club a hand.

7 hours ago, Garth said:

I live a 5 min ride from this, was through there this eve. It's odd as there has never been that much water there in years past. It's a narrow spot and dry again not far from the hole each way. The Dozer tracks come from the landowners farm/business,  nice of them to give the club a hand.

I'd say so....extremely nice of them!

The drive down the 400 this morning was very interesting. I wouldn't say it was white out conditions but very close. Could see maybe 100 feet ahead. Damn near ran into the back of a tractor trailer, the blowing snow made it very hard to see. Even with light traffic at 530am.

1 hour ago, 2strokemerc said:

The drive down the 400 this morning was very interesting. I wouldn't say it was white out conditions but very close. Could see maybe 100 feet ahead. Damn near ran into the back of a tractor trailer, the blowing snow made it very hard to see. Even with light traffic at 530am.

I don't know how you do the Barrie-Pearson drive everyday.I'd kill myself. Retirement in site?

26 minutes ago, gtserider said:

I don't know how you do the Barrie-Pearson drive everyday.I'd kill myself. Retirement in site?

About 5 more years to retirement. Been doing it for almost 18 years now. Today was the first day I was late do to snow conditions. Lost 35 minutes behind the plows. I guess I've been lucky up to today. There's a reason we start at 6am, beat the traffic. But going home during the week is a real test.

Edited by 2strokemerc

That's a lightweight commute lol. I'm alot further (insane actually) and people ask me why . I tell them it's my happy place,fresh air,peace and quiet and better than trying to get across the 401 every night. Looking forward to retiring, riding midweek and sitting my ass on the porch.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 1/7/2017 at 7:46 PM, Blackstar said:

Tuesday warm up is looking better right now. TWN had 20-30 mm of rain when I looked Thursday. Now its 5mm rain with 10-15 cms snow.

We will be back in business here if it happens.

In typical TWN fashion, the forecast has again swung the other way. Now calling for 10 cms of snow followed by up to 35 mm of rain over a 2-3 day period.

3 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Each got a ticket?

Yep,  OPP was in a driveway and said we rolled a stop sign on the road.  While he wrote us up 10 sleds and 3 cars drove through it without stopping as well.  Wemay fight it because there is no way he could see us from where he was sitting.  Took a pic of where he was and you can't see the stop sign at all from his vantage point

Edited by 04nightfire

5 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Did a loop from Orillia Saturday up to midland, across to Moonstone and back through Orillia.  Trails were beat to living shit and five of us each got a $110 ticket

With the amount of traffic on C trail from Coldwater into Midland on Saturday I agree. I don't understand how some of the people were traveling as fast as they were. Sunday was much better with a lot smoother trails and a lot less traffic.

Where were the police. We didn't see any all day even passing the Midland OPP station.

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

With the amount of traffic on C trail from Coldwater into Midland on Saturday I agree. I don't understand how some of the people were traveling as fast as they were. Sunday was much better with a lot smoother trails and a lot less traffic.

Where were the police. We didn't see any all day even passing the Midland OPP station.

They were on valleyview road over by Mount St. louis ski resort

8 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Did a loop from Orillia Saturday up to midland, across to Moonstone and back through Orillia.  Trails were beat to living shit and five of us each got a $110 ticket

:lol:Now that truely does suck....and might be the first I heard an entire group get tickets.

So shit trails, shit cop and an all round shit day!