Check your account email address ×

Winter 2017

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Lake Conestogo Clubhouse.

IMG_1877.JPG

As much as it would be nice to have choices with sleds to pick from in the coral, I am not sure I would want to be jumping from one to the other during a single season, week to week, etc.....I like to ride "my" sled that has been set up to my style of riding.

Looks like fun regardless.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Stoney said:

As much as it would be nice to have choices with sleds to pick from in the coral, I am not sure I would want to be jumping from one to the other during a single season, week to week, etc.....I like to ride "my" sled that has been set up to my style of riding.

Looks like fun regardless.

Well, I prefer to ride my Cat. As you say, its been my ride for a year and I'm used to it. I like my mirrors, the higher bar height, the seat, etc....but.....(grab your dick putzer) the Cat is in my shop and waiting for parts.

I decided to change the chain case fluid and have a look inside. When I removed the reverse gear actuator from the cover, one of the orings broke. I called 2 local dealers this morning and neither had one in stock. Both said Friday for delivery.

WTF. The pair come in a pack for $.45. Every time you pull the actuator you risk damaging them. How can a Cat repair shop not stock them?

I'm going to Rubberline here in town tomorrow.

King O' The Lakes is down.......

In all seriousness, when they're on sale, buy the pack of 400 or so O-rings from Princess Auto.  There are 35 different sizes in there.  Has helped me out a few times (when working on buddies' Yamahas, Cats, and Polarii)....  And they actually seem to have good oil resistance, etc.  They go on sale for like $13 or so. 

http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/419-pc-metric-o-ring-kit/A-p8657470e

12 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Stoney, wouldn't you like to ride an above-average sled now and then?

I guess you mean a below average sled once in a while...I am already riding an above average sled. :)

And, yes, I would like to have one of each to ride....but I also like to set my sleds up to my riding style, so having three would be more work I guess, and I seem to ride less these days.

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Well, I prefer to ride my Cat. As you say, its been my ride for a year and I'm used to it. I like my mirrors, the higher bar height, the seat, etc....but.....(grab your dick putzer) the Cat is in my shop and waiting for parts.

I decided to change the chain case fluid and have a look inside. When I removed the reverse gear actuator from the cover, one of the orings broke. I called 2 local dealers this morning and neither had one in stock. Both said Friday for delivery.

WTF. The pair come in a pack for $.45. Every time you pull the actuator you risk damaging them. How can a Cat repair shop not stock them?

I'm going to Rubberline here in town tomorrow.

D'oh, that sucks, but great that you have other choices to get out there and ride!

Places that stock stuff is becoming a thing of the past, it really does suck, but I guess it's tough having x number of thousands of dollars tied up in stock.

I was going to suggest trying an aftermarket o-ring shop....if you do not mind spending the time, I am sure you will find what you need elsewhere. 

9 hours ago, Stoney said:

I guess you mean a below average sled once in a while...I am already riding an above average sled. :)

And, yes, I would like to have one of each to ride....but I also like to set my sleds up to my riding style, so having three would be more work I guess, and I seem to ride less these days.

D'oh, that sucks, but great that you have other choices to get out there and ride!

Places that stock stuff is becoming a thing of the past, it really does suck, but I guess it's tough having x number of thousands of dollars tied up in stock.

I was going to suggest trying an aftermarket o-ring shop....if you do not mind spending the time, I am sure you will find what you need elsewhere. 

Me as well.  I probably have around 100000 orings in stock.  More so imperial than metric but usually have what people need

Not to rain on any parades, but the long range does not look very good right now, and that is going into the 3rd week of Jan.

It could be worse (rain and seriously plus temps), however there is not much real cold coming to freeze up the big lakes and freeze up that low lying areas.....temps are just barely cracking the freezing mark for the night time lows.

Too early to say what will really happen.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Yep, nothing but rain and warm temps for the next 2 weeks. Even with last nights rain we are still holding a base here but we will need fresh snow to open.

This blows.

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yep, nothing but rain and warm temps for the next 2 weeks. Even with last nights rain we are still holding a base here but we will need fresh snow to open.

This blows.

Yep looks shitty anywhere south of North Bay. Im heading to the cabin tomorrow night till Monday. Hoping to make the most of it before the warm up. Could be packing the saddle bags in a couple weeks if it doesn't turn around. :(

I'm going to hope for the best and head north this weekend. May trailer north to the Parry Sound area especially if 201 is still not closed. I saw Memories of Muskoka on the news last night and the owner was saying how he relies on snowmobilers for winter survival. They showed an inside shot of the restaurant and nobody was there. I believe he is a supporter of the local club and feeds the groomer operators when they pass his place.

We always enjoy riding in the area.

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

I'm going to hope for the best and head north this weekend. May trailer north to the Parry Sound area especially if 201 is still not closed. I saw Memories of Muskoka on the news last night and the owner was saying how he relies on snowmobilers for winter survival. They showed an inside shot of the restaurant and nobody was there. I believe he is a supporter of the local club and feeds the groomer operators when they pass his place.

Great place to eat

5 hours ago, 02sled said:

Also very nice trail east of there that will bring you back on the Sequin east of the Petro can

Edited by bladefever
Changes

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

One of my favourite loops,  used to do that with my son before he rode his own machine.