Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

Just now, 01mxz800 said:

at it again, pork chops for the ladies, tin foil contains baby portibello's and a hunk of prime rib smoked with pecan wood just warming up on this grill.................get to it posers..............Biggie need not reply

:lol:

23 minutes ago, ckf said:

Wow! I thought you guys had snow.

nope all the storms missed us, we were going to head north this weekend but friends said all mud and water so we stayed home.....................AGAIN:wall:......have had a few storms that required to go and plow but gone few days later:dunno:

7 minutes ago, Doos said:

Getting close

IMG_0822.JPG

I love beef ribs, but they won't fit in my crockpot :wall:

Just now, ckf said:

I love beef ribs, but they won't fit in my crockpot :wall:

Haha, you had me there for a second, in fact a fit of rage washed over me momentarily. 

• Like 2

On January 12, 2017 at 10:49 PM, Blackstar said:

Had to give up on the smoker. With the night time temps falling, the smoker was struggling to make 210 degrees. It was doing fine through the day time. After 9 hours, the butt was at 174. I wrapped it in foil and threw it in the oven to finish.

It was tough to move cause it was falling apart. I had a sample. It's going to be a good lunch tomorrow.

Use a welding blanket to keep it warm. It won't burn and they are cheap.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Use a welding blanket to keep it warm. It won't burn and they are cheap.

Ya, I was reading about the blanket thing the other day. I had a couple of others reason to bring it in. For 1, it was getting late and I was getting tired of going outside to check on it. And part of that was my new thermometer.

So, with Christmas coming I told the wife I'd really like a wireless thermometer. She gave me an iGrill2 which is Bluetooth. Well, its supposed to have a 150' range but under actual use I find its good for about 30-40 feet. I have the smoker in a shed in the backyard to keep it out of the wind but if I close the shed door I have less range from the iGrill. Inside the house its intermittent at best with the shed door open.

She paid $160 for it and did her research before buying but now I'm kinda shitting on it because the Bluetooth sucks. Should have got one that was wifi as we have a booster antenna only a few feet away.

• Like 1

Follow along @Biggie Smails After 3 hours of smoke I decided to keep the old lady happy by wrapping the ribs in foil. I added some honey and brown sugar to help offset the heat from the rub. In about an hour I'll take them out of the foil and throw them back in the kettle for 30-45 minutes.

20170123-untitled-27.jpg

10 minutes ago, ckf said:

Follow along @Biggie Smails After 3 hours of smoke I decided to keep the old lady happy by wrapping the ribs in foil. I added some honey and brown sugar to help offset the heat from the rub. In about an hour I'll take them out of the foil and throw them back in the kettle for 30-45 minutes.

20170123-untitled-27.jpg

When do they go into the crockpot, crockpotckf? :dunno: