Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

If I lived closer I would be prodding you with a branding iron :wacko:

i would say send him step by step directions but with your history of sending shit to the midwest he would have a better chance of figuring it out reading a Paula Dean cookbook:stirthepot:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 01mxz800 said:

i would say send him step by step directions but with your history of sending shit to the midwest he would have a better chance of figuring it out reading a Paula Dean cookbook:stirthepot:

:lol:

It looks as though Biggie may indeed be close to taking the leap. Could it be?  There is no going back once that first delicious meat morsel touches your buds.  It's better than you first peice of ass, and definitely a longer experience.  For me anyway....I didn't make it past the first "chew". :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It looks as though Biggie may indeed be close to taking the leap. Could it be?  There is no going back once that first delicious meat morsel touches your buds.  It's better than you first peice of ass, and definitely a longer experience.  For me anyway....I didn't make it past the first "chew". :lol:

i don't think smails is that close to taking the leap, I believe he is having commitment problems

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Sad, but true :lol:

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Sad, but true :lol:

WTF couple 1 pump chumps here:dunno:

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I thought I posted this last night, guess I forgot to.

Baked taters were way to big, ribs were very tasty :bbq:

20170218-untitled-15.jpg

Those fried green tomatoes or did you contaminate the plate with fucking squash:puke:

two racks of baby backs getting ready to go on and I just put 10lbs of chicken breast in a curing brine. I'm going to do a minimum of a 3 day brine. I went with only 25% of the tenderquick that they recommended for a 24 hour cure. We'll see how it turns out. gonna smoke them low and slow after the brine

Brine was 1.5 gallons water

1.5 cups morton tenderquick

1.5 cups brown sugar

Going for like a nice salty ham style chicken breast. I have had them done this way and they are so good

• Like 2

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

two racks of baby backs getting ready to go on and I just put 10lbs of chicken breast in a curing brine. I'm going to do a minimum of a 3 day brine. I went with only 25% of the tenderquick that they recommended for a 24 hour cure. We'll see how it turns out. gonna smoke them low and slow after the brine

Brine was 1.5 gallons water

1.5 cups morton tenderquick

1.5 cups brown sugar

Going for like a nice salty ham style chicken breast. I have had them done this way and they are so good

Should be really salty, did a turkey over Thanksgiving for 48 hours. It was too salty for my taste. Used a similar brine.

8 minutes ago, Doos said:

Should be really salty, did a turkey over Thanksgiving for 48 hours. It was too salty for my taste. Used a similar brine.

the morton quick tender isnt 100% salt.....its has sugar , salt and sodium nitrate. I think my brine is about 25% of the salt content that a 24hr brine would call for. we'll see...

A guy I know up north brines whole chickens for 6 days in a smoked fish brine with some cure added. Holy fucking shit is that stuff good

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Doos said:

Smoked a couple chuckies. Braising in guiness and veggies for a few hours now. 

image.jpg

I've been wanting to try doing a chuck roast on the Kettle. Are you pulling or slicing?

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

I've been wanting to try doing a chuck roast on the Kettle. Are you pulling or slicing?

Pulling when they hit 205-210. Pull it then mix with the liquid and veggies and let it reduce for about 30 min. Good stuff.

• Like 1