Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

2 hours ago, Gocky said:

Hey Team, how do you like that new weber? 

Curious as well. I know they had some issues when they were first released. I think Weber did do some updates.

Edited by dz246

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, snowbear said:

looks good Tim, how'd they taste? 

They turned out alright. I prefer the baby backs. Side ribs have more fat and you have to pick through them to get to the better pieces of meat.

Hope things are good with you Jim.

On 8/26/2022 at 10:29 AM, Gocky said:

Hey Team, how do you like that new weber? 

On 8/26/2022 at 1:20 PM, dz246 said:

Curious as well. I know they had some issues when they were first released. I think Weber did do some updates.

Too early to tell.  The first gen was somewhat of a disaster.  Mine is a second gen and many of the BBQ experts pick the Weber to use on a daily basis.  It's the closest to the flavor of an offset they say.  So far I'm really impressed with the build quality. 

Chicken quarters turned out well.  Spare ribs tomorrow.

• Like 2

Just now, Badger** said:

Anybody in this thread have a green egg? 

Big Green Egg - Berings

Was looking at the kamado today but thought it was overpriced. Pulled my big cooker out today to get ready for labor day family bbq only to find out the bottom is shot and needs a new tank, not enough time to fix it going to have to get something this week to make up the cooking surface, thinking Oklahoma Joe's combo gas/off set smoker

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

Was looking at the kamado today but thought it was overpriced. Pulled my big cooker out today to get ready for labor day family bbq only to find out the bottom is shot and needs a new tank, not enough time to fix it going to have to get something this week to make up the cooking surface, thinking Oklahoma Joe's combo gas/off set smoker

I can sell them but I'm not a fan so I don't push them. Oklahoma Joe's combo gas/off set smoker would be more my style. 

19 minutes ago, Badger** said:

I can sell them but I'm not a fan so I don't push them. Oklahoma Joe's combo gas/off set smoker would be more my style. 

Want to get back to the roots with a dedicated charcoal/stick burner  pellets are nice but haven't found a pellet that gives the "open fire" flavor, best pellets I have found for flavor are Royal Oak 100% charcoal pellets 

2 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

Want to get back to the roots with a dedicated charcoal/stick burner  pellets are nice but haven't found a pellet that gives the "open fire" flavor, best pellets I have found for flavor are Royal Oak 100% charcoal pellets 

I do sell these to the Butcher shops for their retail customer they seem to like them. Lumber Jack >>>> https://bbqlumberjack.com/  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

Heard good things about the royal oak pellets.  Might have to try those some day.

2 hours ago, Badger** said:

I do sell these to the Butcher shops for their retail customer they seem to like them. Lumber Jack >>>> https://bbqlumberjack.com/  

Gonna pick up some of those Lumber Jack pellets this week.  Just not super easy to find here since no big box stores carry them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Any else pick up supplies for the smoker for Labor Day weekend?

Got a pile of steaks and chicken 1/4's for the annual labor day family BBQ need to get them in the marinade tomorrow 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ckf said:

Nice! Are you going to try smoking anything in it this weekend?

Got the family labor day bbq I do every year and went to set up big cooker which I haven't used in 2 years and bottom was rotted out no time to fix in time, and needed more grill space, been looking at these for a couple years

• Like 1

• Gold Member
On 8/28/2022 at 1:03 PM, Badger** said:

Big Green Egg - Berings

Have a version of Kamado style in my outdoor cooking kitchen that I’m building.  It’s Solid aluminum and made by Blaze.  Didn’t want the delicate style ceramic of a green egg or a Kamado Joe.  So I went Blaze.  I’m tough on shit and doubt I would get any longevity out of a ceramic grill. Can say everything cooked on my Kamado style grill is leaps and bounds better then anything pellet cooked in the past….  My Napoleon prestige 825 gas with some wood chips in the burner will even out do any pellet.

7D1E94A2-015C-4462-9BCF-F7F0C6255EEC.jpeg

Edited by BOHICA

On 8/28/2022 at 3:03 PM, Badger** said:

Big Green Egg - Berings

I have 2.  Neither are BGE, but they made all my other grills and smokers obsolete.  If anyone wants a deal on a 54" Lynx Grill with rotisserie, sear burner and all let me know.  My WSM and offset smoker I already sold so no dibs there.

On 8/28/2022 at 7:03 PM, teamgreen02 said:

Heard good things about the royal oak pellets.  Might have to try those some day.

Any brand but royal oak.  The stuff I have found in their natural lump is shameful.  Seriously bent company.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Deephaven said:

I have 2.  Neither are BGE, but they made all my other grills and smokers obsolete.  If anyone wants a deal on a 54" Lynx Grill with rotisserie, sear burner and all let me know.  My WSM and offset smoker I already sold so no dibs there.

Any brand but royal oak.  The stuff I have found in their natural lump is shameful.  Seriously bent company.

I watch those Grilling With Dad videos and he uses his BGE the majority of the time.