Check your account email address ×

bad bad case of buyers remorse.

I'm with Zam on this one. They are no different than Hollywood actress or rock star. Shut the fuck up and entertain me. I don't pay or turn on the TV to see there political views. If they worked for my boss,he would tell them to shut the fuck up and get back to work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The point is it is NOT THEIR RIGHT as it keeps being mentioned.  There are laws preventing employees from being activists on company time.

My bad on the Right winger argument.  

Nobody is forcing anything into anybody.  To some it's not "fake, plastic patriotism" Why do you or anyone else get to decide, then shit on what people want to believe?  It's like when I'm at a venue where a prayer is being taken.  I just bow my head and shut my mouth as an atheist.  Is it that hard to not be disrespectful anymore?  

Obviously we can't just exercise our free speech rights however we want when we are on employer time, that's not what I'm trying to convey. The NFL is deferring(pun intended) to the players and the players are choosing to exercise their rights under the Constitution. 

And I do exactly that as well at religious venues. Maybe you should try the same thing with flag protestors.

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

now it’s Kraft that has the problem. lol. you guys never quit. :lol: 

The market will decide who's right, now won't they?  

1 hour ago, SnowRider said:

:lmao::lol: More bipolar talk - I basically ignore your stupid ass Jimmy....the cat's out of the bag.....you're looking for attention :snack:

And you wonder why most here consider you a moron.

58 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

If you can't see what's wrong with Trump you are a Trump.

Oh zing.  

57 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

As usual it gets personal with the same members in every thread

You are priceless. :lol: 

45 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Why do paid players of any entertainment industry get to use their time on camera to actively voice their grievances (fake grievances) to the public?  Why should they show the majority of the public a disresepectful display?  They shouldn't.

It's as if nobody learned with Kapernickel.  NFL profitted then, dumped his ass for what he was...radioactive.  Now he's some type of martyr beacon for retards

Someones making sense here  ^^^

42 minutes ago, SSFB said:

The same reason Tim Tebow gets to pray on company time when he makes a touchdown.

Because this is fucking America. 

Calm down Joel

17 minutes ago, SSFB said:

I'm not sure what point you think you're making here. Of course they can only do it because the NFL allows them to do so, the NFL is standing behind the players freedom and the ideals of live and let live. Trump supporters though are engaging in safe space. :lol:

I don't think you're a right winger. I said "you and right wingers", not "you and other right wingers". 

I think the fact that millions of Americans think people should be bullied into their fake, plastic patriotism is grotesque. Nothing more hilarious than some dumbass with an American flag on his window and a "speak English" sticker right beside it. 

Seriously, calm down Joel :lol: 

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The point is it is NOT THEIR RIGHT as it keeps being mentioned.  There are laws preventing employees from being activists on company time.

My bad on the Right winger argument.  

Nobody is forcing anything into anybody.  To some it's not "fake, plastic patriotism" Why do you or anyone else get to decide, then shit on what people want to believe?  It's like when I'm at a venue where a prayer is being taken.  I just bow my head and shut my mouth as an atheist.  Is it that hard to not be disrespectful anymore?  

/thread.  I hope ticket sales and tv viewership go in the tank.  So sick of celebs and athletes with their politics.  STFU.

Edited by DriftBusta

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

should i ever lean in that direction, i’d stay here and get hog piled by you trump humpers. 

Pffftt....lean....you have fallen over and are buns up and kneeling you silly freak!

3 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Obviously we can't just exercise our free speech rights however we want when we are on employer time, that's not what I'm trying to convey. The NFL is deferring(pun intended) to the players and the players are choosing to exercise their rights under the Constitution. 

And I do exactly that as well at religious venues. Maybe you should try the same thing with flag protestors.

Are you being paid when you are there?

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I'm with Zam on this one. They are no different than Hollywood actress or rock star. Shut the fuck up and entertain me. I don't pay or turn on the TV to see there political views. If they worked for my boss,he would tell them to shut the fuck up and get back to work.

the difference here is that you spending time in the shitter wacking off hurts productivity. kneeling instead of standing during a song doesn’t. face it, people are pissed because of some long enshrined dogma is getting challenged. 

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

The NFL and all others are making a mistake IMO...and that's my standpoint.  Period.  If not...just get rid of the anthem...that's an argurment ender...again....let's see if the NFL or any other organization has the "money where mouth is" moxie.

You think the "flag protestor" is the same?  Go shit on the flag whenever you want...I don't care.  But if you do something like that as an action to incite another reaction, well, that's what you'll get.  Our society has turned into a liberals dream of the person reacting is at fault...not the provocateur.  It's ignorance excusing ignorance.

37 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

They aren't forcing anything on you, you can ignore their bullshit all day long. Forcing their views on you would be when they force you to abide by their views. 

I don't want to see their display.  I don't care what they believe.

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

the difference here is that you spending time in the shitter wacking off hurts productivity. kneeling instead of standing during a song doesn’t. face it, people are pissed because of some long enshrined dogma is getting challenged. 

Wrong. I'm in the service industry just like they are. If I start making strong political or Religious views in front of my customers,the boss will tell me to shut the fuck up.

2 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

No shit. The post was about Trump's rendition of the loyalty pledge tho.

It's ok to ask for loyalty.  Hell, it's assumed.  It's different to demand it upon a volunteer citizenship.  You OWE your loyaly to your emplyer and the managment it deems fit to run the operation.  That's what you are being paid for.  But, you aren't forced to give it, and they aren't obligated to pay for anyrthing less.

8 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Are you being paid when you are there?

No. I think you need to read back because I think you're misunderstanding. 

He asked why people can't just be respectful like he is at religious venues and I said I am as well. 

• Gold Member
Just now, Zambroski said:

It's ok to ask for loyalty.  Hell, it's assumed.  It's different to demand it upon a volunteer citizenship.  You OWE your loyaly to your emplyer and the managment it deems fit to run the operation.  That's what you are being paid for.  But, you aren't forced to give it, and they aren't obligated to pay for anyrthing less.

Huh? This little offshoot between Dave and I was about a meme the lighbulb salesmen posted. It was a sidebar of sorts and not connected to the primary discussion in the thread.

Just now, Kivalo said:

No one is forcing you to watch football.  

See.  You just answered your own argument.  I am being told I am going to watch football.  I am setting aside my time/money to enjoy the event.  I'm not agreeing to watch a political display of repugnance and disrespect.

Just now, SSFB said:

No. I think you need to read back because I think you're misunderstanding. 

He asked why people can't just be respectful like he is at religious venues and I said I am as well. 

I missed that...im not big on details. :lol:

Just now, Kivalo said:

Huh? This little offshoot between Dave and I was about a meme the lighbulb salesmen posted. It was a sidebar of sorts and not connected to the primary discussion in the thread.

My bad....I'm trying to keep up....my "alert" light is in overdrive.  And I can only type so fast. :lol:

• Gold Member
Just now, Zambroski said:

See.  You just answered your own argument.  I am being told I am going to watch football.  I am setting aside my time/money to enjoy the event.  I'm not agreeing to watch a political display of repugnance and disrespect.

You do not have to watch it. You do not have to watch their display in any capacity.

1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

:lol: ive forgotten all about that already. 

Just now, Woodtick said:

So let me ask this? Would it be ok if some of the players came out on the field holding a confederate flag?  :popcornchair:

If the NFL didn't have a policy against it? Yes,  absolutely. 

• Thanks 1