Check your account email address ×

bad bad case of buyers remorse.

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft released a statement Sunday regarding the comments made by President Donald Trump on Friday.

At a rally in Alabama, Trump implored NFL owners to fire any player who protests during the national anthem. He told owners to "get that son of a bitch off the field," a statement that has since been condemned by players, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, and the NFLPA.

Kraft joined that chorus Sunday with the following statement:

I am deeply disappointed by the tone of the comments made by the President on Friday. I am proud to be associated with so many players who make such tremendous contributions in positively impacting our communities. Their efforts, both on and off the field, help bring people together and make our community stronger.

There is no greater unifier in this country than sports, and unfortunately, nothing more divisive than politics. I think our political leaders could learn a lot from the lessons of teamwork and the importance of working together toward a common goal. Our players are intelligent, thoughtful and care deeply about our community and I support their right to peacefully affect social change and raise awareness in a manner that they feel is most impactful.

Trump and Kraft have referred to each other as great friends, and their relationship has gone so far as to include Kraft donating $1 million to Trump's inauguration celebrations and gifting the president a Super Bowl ring after the Patriots' championship victory in February.

Kraft is the first of the more than handful of owners who have financially supported Trump to speak out against his comments on NFL players.

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 2/5/2017 at 7:54 AM, Biggie Smails said:

Ahhhh.........NO.

Seriously though all I really want is a good game and I do like Robert Kraft. :bc:

On 8/8/2017 at 6:05 PM, Biggie Smails said:

Robert Kraft is a class act as was Mike Illitch. :bc:

IMG_3305.thumb.JPG.a3539fdf65553d03540699dc975320e9.JPG

Bipolar should be along shortly to defend Kraft or will he :backpeddle: like a typical Clown Posse member :lol: 

Just now, SnowRider said:

Bipolar should be along shortly to defend Kraft or will he :backpeddle: like a typical Clown Posse member :lol: 

Your obsession with me is weird and I respect Kraft as a businessman and person.

2 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Your obsession with me is weird and I respect Kraft as a businessman and person.

:lmao::lol: More bipolar talk - I basically ignore your stupid ass Jimmy....the cat's out of the bag.....you're looking for attention :snack:

11 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:lmao::lol: More bipolar talk - I basically ignore your stupid ass Jimmy....the cat's out of the bag.....you're looking for attention :snack:

You say you ignore me as you quote me....priceless.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mainecat said:

If you can't see what's wrong with Trump you are a Trump.

Just now, Mainecat said:

Seriously MC....see a doctor.

• Like 1

Just now, Mainecat said:

Did you lay in bed all night thinking of that sweet ass zinger?  You should have gotten sleep.  You'll die with Trump as your president.  I don't care if it's natural or not...actually, I'd prefer one over the other.  Guess which?

:lol:

Pampers.

Just now, Mainecat said:

As usual it gets personal with the same members in every thread

Please....you run around calling people stupid, commies, traitors, etc.....The complain that it's getting personal around here. Self awareness is not strong with you.

5 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I know a lot of people who bitch about the kneeling players but I dont know anyone who is refusing to watch the NFL because of it. :dunno:

Because at the end of the day, the football games are more important to them than somebody not standing for the pledge. It's alot of fake, plastic patriotism. 

Just now, SSFB said:

Because at the end of the day, the football games are more important to them than their fake, plastic patriotism. 

It's not about that.  It's about respect/disrespect.  And the NFL is an employer.

But by all means, go Aleppo. :lmao:

• Like 1