Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

Just went to go out on the porch and the mutt bolted. I looked down to the lower lawn and saw a bears ass as it was going in to the woods with Izzy about 25' behind it. Fortunately Izzy didn't go far and emerged out of the woods within a minute of yelling, lol

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 hours ago, ckf said:

Just went to go out on the porch and the mutt bolted. I looked down to the lower lawn and saw a bears ass as it was going in to the woods with Izzy about 25' behind it. Fortunately Izzy didn't go far and emerged out of the woods within a minute of yelling, lol

Had a few here this yr. 

On 7/15/2021 at 11:41 AM, ckf said:

Saw a mom with 2 Cubs this morning on my way to town. I never have the camera ready.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Rainy day again 😢 will it ever stop

It's raining here today, but we have missed most of the rain. We've only gotten about an inch and a half of rain so far this month. We have been cloudy though.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

It's raining here today, but we have missed most of the rain. We've only gotten about an inch and a half of rain so far this month. We have been cloudy though.

It’s been raining practically every day here it seems. My neighbor that has a weather station said we had 8.5 inches in the last 3 weeks but that was at last weekend. It poured last night thunder and lightning most the night still raining now probably over 10” easy this month at this point if her weather station thing is accurate.

4 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

It’s been raining practically every day here it seems. My neighbor that has a weather station said we had 8.5 inches in the last 3 weeks but that was at last weekend. It poured last night thunder and lightning most the night still raining now probably over 10” easy this month at this point if her weather station thing is accurate.

I'm just approaching an inch and a half for the month. At least today's rain has been slow and steady instead of a quick downpour. 

broadcast(1).jpg

• Like 1

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, ckf said:

I'm just approaching an inch and a half for the month. At least today's rain has been slow and steady instead of a quick downpour. 

broadcast(1).jpg

This seems high but it’s saying my area(near keene) got roughly 4.5” just last night. Seems possible it pretty much down poured all night. Thunder was so loud kept the kids up all night.

DF36050F-22A2-4516-B8C2-410D6A8F61B7.png

4 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

This seems high but it’s saying my area(near keene) got roughly 4.5” just last night. Seems possible it pretty much down poured all night. Thunder was so loud kept the kids up all night.

DF36050F-22A2-4516-B8C2-410D6A8F61B7.png

No doubt that you guys have been getting pounded with rain. We need a bit more up here. 

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, ckf said:

No doubt that you guys have been getting pounded with rain. We need a bit more up here. 

Yup, sure you guys will get hammered up there sooner or later just a little push north this can all be yours. Trails getting dusty up there yet? Woulda been nice to see all this precipitation during the winter probably have over 20ft 😂

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

No rain here and not much in the forecast, just high 80's/low 90's.

Ya sucks and I thought you said you needed it bad for the corn too. We’ve had to much but this week looks ok only a day or two of rain. I posted pics in random photo thread of the overflowing stream that looks like a raging river now that runs by my road. Everything is just swamped here.

5 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Ya sucks and I thought you said you needed it bad for the corn too. We’ve had to much but this week looks ok only a day or two of rain. I posted pics in random photo thread of the overflowing stream that looks like a raging river now that runs by my road. Everything is just swamped here.

We need it.  We are irrigating a lot more then we planned on for the acres we have pivots on.  The rest is pretty much hope and pray.

I've seen years where we have got over a month with precip. of some kind every day during harvests.  We've harvested beans in December and corn at 30%+ moisture.  

We'll just keep at it again next year.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

We need it.  We are irrigating a lot more then we planned on for the acres we have pivots on.  The rest is pretty much hope and pray.

I've seen years where we have got over a month with precip. of some kind every day during harvests.  We've harvested beans in December and corn at 30%+ moisture.  

We'll just keep at it again next year.

Yep, definitely not a good year on the sandy ground. Lots of beef operations will have some herd reductions this fall too.

just took the dog out and said to my self it's the perfect day.  then i saw that i got line pain all over the side of my truck,  fuckers dind't even have any marking out they did it,  i saw the truck coming the other way and thought i lucked out.