Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

36 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Morning! We had high winds yesterday and a pretty good thunderstorm last night. It's starting to clear up and should be a nice day.

Looks like about the same here, George. Hoping to work on the boat some more but I know one thing is for sure, I'll be cutting the grass again this evening. ☹️

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, irv said:

Looks like about the same here, George. Hoping to work on the boat some more but I know one thing is for sure, I'll be cutting the grass again this evening. ☹️

Our grass has really slowed growing so maybe one or two more cuts. Your motor looks good on the boat. I have to drop mine off to just get the RV antifreeze thru it again and then cover it up for the winter. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Our grass has really slowed growing so maybe one or two more cuts. Your motor looks good on the boat. I have to drop mine off to just get the RV antifreeze thru it again and then cover it up for the winter. 

Yup.  I figure two more just to mulch up the leaves.  Then...done for the year.  I'm lookin' hard at my sexy Ariens....she's ready to go!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I fertilized/fed mine a couple weeks with some Iron adding product and the grass took off like a SOB!! I just cut it this Past Tuesday and with the rain/sun it is more than ready to be cut again!

I have to admit, the work I put into the lawn this year has definitely paid off. It was real ugly looking last year but since I had the time and with a little bit of effort, I managed to get it looking decent again. Mother Nature, of course, was a big part of that as well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, irv said:

I fertilized/fed mine a couple weeks with some Iron adding product and the grass took off like a SOB!! I just cut it this Past Tuesday and with the rain/sun it is more than ready to be cut again!

I have to admit, the work I put into the lawn this year has definitely paid off. It was real ugly looking last year but since I had the time and with a little bit of effort, I managed to get it looking decent again. Mother Nature, of course, was a big part of that as well. 

We have a low maintenance lawn lol. Plenty of weeds and it looks green and that's good enough for here. 

20 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We have a low maintenance lawn lol. Plenty of weeds and it looks green and that's good enough for here. 

Mine was in rough shape! Lots of bare patches, weeds, etc, and of course I had grubs, which the local skunk loved. I managed to acquire some grub killer and some weed spray from American travelling neighbor and if it wasn't for those products, I likely would be no further ahead at this point.

Ever since we moved here, I said to myself, this lawn, the front especially, needs soil as most that I seen was just dirt. Talking with the neighbors, most said when they built these houses back in the early 70's, the builder skimped on top soil. I need a couple yards to do things properly but a few bags of topsoil purchased at a local grocer and some seed have done the trick so far. :bc:

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, irv said:

Mine was in rough shape! Lots of bare patches, weeds, etc, and of course I had grubs, which the local skunk loved. I managed to acquire some grub killer and some weed spray from American travelling neighbor and if it wasn't for those products, I likely would be no further ahead at this point.

Ever since we moved here, I said to myself, this lawn, the front especially, needs soil as most that I seen was just dirt. Talking with the neighbors, most said when they built these houses back in the early 70's, the builder skimped on top soil. I need a couple yards to do things properly but a few bags of topsoil purchased at a local grocer and some seed have done the trick so far. :bc:

Get a couple yards delivered and add your clippings , toss leaves in their in the fall . Let it compost . Then next summer when compost is nice and dry spread it out. Make sure it is dry when putting down or it will clump and just kill the grass. Do it lightly and ofton for the second 1/2 of the summer. By oct next yr it will look like a golf course.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 2:29 PM, franks pond said:

just a friendly game of dice

I would spend the rest of my life in jail no doubt, but if that was my kid that that happened to, I would find every one of those piece of shit niggers, and put a .45 hollow point right between their eyes. 

On 9/14/2019 at 8:43 AM, irv said:

Well, I got most of the boats interior shampooed and the grass cut but due to the rain I never got done what I was hoping to do. :(

On 9/14/2019 at 3:03 PM, steve from amherst said:

Get a couple yards delivered and add your clippings , toss leaves in their in the fall . Let it compost . Then next summer when compost is nice and dry spread it out. Make sure it is dry when putting down or it will clump and just kill the grass. Do it lightly and ofton for the second 1/2 of the summer. By oct next yr it will look like a golf course.

If I had the room I'd like to do that but I simply don't. We have a 4 car driveway which is currently filled with 3 vehicles and a boat. Once the boat is put away, a snowmobile trailer will take its place. For me to spread topsoil it is basically a deliver or pick up and spread it immediately, which now, by the looks of things, will be this spring?

5 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Just got word that GM is going to walk at Midnight for sure.

Only way that isn't going to happen is if the UAW were to postpone talks and move on to FCA or Ford. 

GM in the U.S. only but it sounds like things are being watched closely up here.

Interesting read. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/gm-uaw-autoworkers-midnight-possible-strike-1.5284397

27 minutes ago, irv said:

Well, I got most of the boats interior shampooed and the grass cut but due to the rain I never got done what I was hoping to do. :(

If I had the room I'd like to do that but I simply don't. We have a 4 car driveway which is currently filled with 3 vehicles and a boat. Once the boat is put away, a snowmobile trailer will take its place. For me to spread topsoil it is basically a deliver or pick up and spread it immediately, which now, by the looks of things, will be this spring?

GM in the U.S. only but it sounds like things are being watched closely up here.

Interesting read. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/gm-uaw-autoworkers-midnight-possible-strike-1.5284397

We shall see.

19 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Does anyone really care anymore?

You're a fool if you don't